Petition to Taleworlds to release a source code to FSE! We want updates!

Peition for the release of the Warband source code to FSE developers... "YES" is a signature!" "No"

• Yes, please release source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers!

Votes: 217 81.3%
  • No, refrain from release of source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers.

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobt376 said:
Naval Battles? You mean that glitchy mess that takes 40 minutes? We should get proper naval battles with boats with multiple decks and cannons - now that would be cool.

Hence the petition.

There is zero reason for this not to happen both groups get money. Both groups get to please there customers and fans and extend the life of the game a bit longer.

Why would FSE need the source code for warband to do more work on the DLC they created? Presumably they don't already have the source code with them - so why can't they just do more work with the code they already have?

And, while i'm sitting here being a psuedo developer, if you change the source code in Warband (And Taleworlds uses it), it has the potential to break every single mod currently working with Warband. And even if Taleworlds decided to keep their own source, you could run into a whole plethora of problems just by having two source codes out there. Not to mention Vincenzo and crew could remove the built in DRM (Assuming I know what 'source code' even means in this case) and basically give the game away for free, or use it for other stupid ****. (Anyone remember that c-RPG incident?). So really, unless he vows to fix this ****ing melee system in this DLC, i'd rather not give Vince anything.

Leifr Eiríksson said:

Yea, it's almost as bad as Vikingr  :lol:

jacobt376 said:
You're telling me that the developers of NW - FSE - who have essentially kept Warband alive and helped significantly to fund Bannerlord and future TaleWorlds projects haven't been given the tools to help them sell MORE copies of Warband and get TW MORE money? It makes financial and practical sense to give a developer the source code if they are keeping your franchise alive and getting you more money. The argument that "The value of the source code overrides this" is completely irrelevant when we all know that Warband may very well be dead without Napoleonic Wars.

*Anyways this is just my opinion- thanks for reading*
:lol: you seriously believe it was NW that allowed TW to get the funds for bannerlord.

kpetschulat said:
ATTENTION: Please sign the formal petition, which can be found here. We want this to be a professional application and petition towards TaleWorlds Entertainment. All signatures, both here and on the official petition will help immensely toward our future goal of having the Warband source code given to the Flying Squirrel Entertainment developer team.

Please make sure to do this gents. Signing a real petition like the one above will go farther than support here on the Taleworlds forums. Thanks!

Lets do this gentlemen, raise the banners

j1y9oXq.png

[/quote]

People of warband who could care less about NW we get it you dont care about NW Please keep your negitive thoughts off of here. It does not effect any of you so i dont get why you care enough to bother posting negitive stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom