Petition to Taleworlds to release a source code to FSE! We want updates!

Peition for the release of the Warband source code to FSE developers... "YES" is a signature!" "No"

• Yes, please release source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers!

Votes: 217 81.3%
  • No, refrain from release of source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers.

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyall said:
99a35f584d0838f45dbad980a9fb3c35.png

With this message full of love (especially on the first line), I'm sure TaleWorlds would be keen to hand over source code.

For the same reason you keep children away from firearms.  :razz:

Nah, but on a serious note, I don't see why TW should give FSE access to the source code, unless of course FSE  is willing to purchase it or license it at a fair price.

That's ****ing egoist taleworlds. There is a lot of players which agree with this petition. Especialy me, and you'll refused it?

It's strange, it's almost like TW is a company that is trying to make a profit.  :razz:

Honestly, the most realistic and reasonable approach would be for FSE to secure the funds needed to get the source code from TW.

Surely, if a number of posters in this thread are correct, then FSE should have no trouble mobilizing the large NW community (perhaps through Kickstarter) or finding alternative means of acquiring said funding (such as investors).

Or or and bare with me now. TW changes the gaming industry thinking by helping out a small Indie company that is at the moment trying to make there own standalone game with out asking for money. Plus not to long ago MB was in the same position and im sure they would have liked a helping hand when they got started. Plus whats is the absolute worst that can happen ? The only problems anyone has said that can happen is that FSE will Screw up MB some how. But idk i think it worth the risk to help FSE make NW better as it will help give life to the communitys to last a bit longer till the Bannerlord or BCof Comes out and help both companys make a bit of money.

The biggest issue is that I don't really think TW has anything to gain by giving the source code away for free.

It would be a gamble that at best might fix some bugs with the game, but honestly, at this point, I don't think bugfixing either Native or NW is a big priority for them, certainly not enough of a priority that they would release the source code (which is in most cases something developers are loathe to let anyone have without ample payment).

Similarly, the state of the NW community, probably isn't a grave concern for them, sure they aren't going to sabotage it, but there really isn't a big gain for them to give away their work for free.

Finally, dubious promises that they can fix the game, hardly seem like great evidence for trusting FSE with the source code.

To compare, no other developer will give you their source code without very generous economic compensation.

Olafson said:
Oh god. I did not mean that you should start a Petition.. We never even asked Taleworlds for it. And we wont. I meant that if they somehow decided to offer it to us, we would obviously take it, but if they dont, then whatever. We dont need it.

Right, because the last thing we need is General Shady Stuck-up and Major Stupid to get their grubby hands on the source code--not like they didn't screw some things up for the rest of us without it.

MadocComadrin said:
Right, because the last thing we need is General Shady Stuck-up and Major Stupid to get their grubby hands on the source code--not like they didn't screw some things up for the rest of us without it.

But Madoc, then TW can give FSE the source code to Bannerlord and they (FSE) can fix the new bugs/errors they will inevitably have added to Warband!

This is half arse and wasting your time.

1. Why would taleworlds release their source code - for a game they have their own section of the market with.
2. Why would/how would FSE have the time to make those kind of changes
3. 200 is nothing...A freaking melee tournament got 130 signed. The NW is well into the 1000's active.
4. If your serious you might want to actually talk to TW first, they are usually quite engaging.
5. Alot of Native players have a weird self-important ego - why bother being associated with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom