Petition to Taleworlds to release a source code to FSE! We want updates!

Peition for the release of the Warband source code to FSE developers... "YES" is a signature!" "No"

• Yes, please release source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers!

Votes: 217 81.3%
  • No, refrain from release of source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developers.

Votes: 50 18.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION: Please sign the formal petition, which can be found here. We want this to be a professional application and petition towards TaleWorlds Entertainment. All signatures, both here and on the official petition will help immensely toward our future goal of having the Warband source code given to the Flying Squirrel Entertainment developer team.

You're telling me that the developers of NW - FSE - who have essentially kept Warband alive and helped significantly to fund Bannerlord and future TaleWorlds projects haven't been given the tools to help them sell MORE copies of Warband and get TW MORE money? It makes financial and practical sense to give a developer the source code if they are keeping your franchise alive and getting you more money. The argument that "The value of the source code overrides this" is completely irrelevant when we all know that Warband may very well be dead without Napoleonic Wars.

*Anyways this is just my opinion- thanks for reading*

I have opened discussion through Steam, hoping to attract more signatures and support for this!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/619573787538627352/

Be sure to follow for updates from our third "theatre."

kpetschulat said:
The premise of this petition is solely civil, and a simple inquiry towards Taleworlds Entertainment to release the Warband source code to Flying Squirrel Entertainment developing team.

Of course, just throwing it out there though!  Thanks again for putting it up, Petschie.

Neville said:
Ra'Jiska said:
Hmm hmm..

Even if it had 1000 yes and 3 no, I think it wouldn't change anything.
M&B: Warband source code has a commercial value, giving it out like that is quite unlikely.

Doing all this because a dev said once he'd do mass updates if he got the code is quite over reacting.
Anyway, as developer, I know what the code is worth when you spent time doing it, so if I had to choose, I wouldn't give it out, even if the dude would update it.

It's not as if Taleworlds will get nothing from it. An update will make NW look more attractive to customers, and as they get 50% of the revenue from sales I cannot see why it would be a problem. Any extra revenue can be very useful no matter how little it is, especially as Taleworlds must be in need from extra funds as they allowed a unfinished DLC to be released.

Alright, even though, they do not need to have Warband source code.
Naval battle has been said, no need to modify hard coded parts, look at The Deluge.

Holy  :shock:
Am I reading this right? Do my eyes not deceive me?!
I just saw this thread today  :grin:
Hell yes!

Petition Signed.

It is funny to see all the FSE members converse on one thread on Taleworlds.

usnavy30 said:
It is funny to see all the FSE members converse on one thread on Taleworlds.

I bet we're annoying to the native/other mods community.

Petition is nearly at 100.

Naval Battles? You mean that glitchy mess that takes 40 minutes? We should get proper naval battles with boats with multiple decks and cannons - now that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom