Patience with the update

Currently viewing this thread:

Uga the Caveman

images


Those cats make uga sad
 
To clarify; will we be rolling on with the event even if WSE has not been updated? Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle for people to install a second copy of Warband with the 1.143 patch applied?
 

Mammoet

Master Knight
WB
Eiríkr Rauði said:
To clarify; will we be rolling on with the event even if WSE has not been updated? Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle for people to install a second copy of Warband with the 1.143 patch applied?

Many people have something called Steam. And I'm telling you, many people will not succeed in doing this.
They need to install a separate steamless warband.
They need to convert the steam-warband key to non-steam-warband. (not even possible for everyone)
They need to install Vikingr in the steamless warband.
They need to make sure WSE runs the steamless warband.

I'm telling you, even if this seems trivial for you, it's bound to produce problems for other people. So like I said before we will just postpone the event a week if WSE isn't updated in time.
 
Barabas said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:
To clarify; will we be rolling on with the event even if WSE has not been updated? Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle for people to install a second copy of Warband with the 1.143 patch applied?

Many people have something called Steam. And I'm telling you, many people will not succeed in doing this.
They need to install a separate steamless warband.
They need to convert the steam-warband key to non-steam-warband. (not even possible for everyone)
They need to install Vikingr in the steamless warband.
They need to make sure WSE runs the steamless warband.

I'm telling you, even if this seems trivial for you, it's bound to produce problems for other people. So like I said before we will just postpone the event a week if WSE isn't updated in time.

But Moecker makes it seem so easy in the OP!  :razz:

Did you wake up grumpy today, Barabas? That's a pretty aggressive post above.
 

Mammoet

Master Knight
WB
Sorry, I didn't mean to be aggressive. Maybe it's because my house is being trampled by mechanics that don't know what they're doing.
I'm probably also a bit grumpy because the patch broke half of Warband and now we're stuck with the mess.
 

Halvar

Sergeant
Barabas said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:
To clarify; will we be rolling on with the event even if WSE has not been updated? Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle for people to install a second copy of Warband with the 1.143 patch applied?

Many people have something called Steam. And I'm telling you, many people will not succeed in doing this.
They need to install a separate steamless warband.
They need to convert the steam-warband key to non-steam-warband. (not even possible for everyone)
They need to install Vikingr in the steamless warband.
They need to make sure WSE runs the steamless warband.

I'm telling you, even if this seems trivial for you, it's bound to produce problems for other people. So like I said before we will just postpone the event a week if WSE isn't updated in time.


That's asking too much at least of me...

...and I need a new M&B-Warband-CD...the last one I lost after the installation process somewhere...any suggestions for me which one I shall buy...?

Cheers,

Old One
 

Rath0s

Baron
M&BWBNW
Eiríkr Rauði said:
To clarify; will we be rolling on with the event even if WSE has not been updated? Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle for people to install a second copy of Warband with the 1.143 patch applied?

Dude, we are on the taleworlds forum, think before you post.  :wink:
 

Moeckerkalfie

The main problem is really that there are some people with 5x5 keys from steam that are not accepted by the 5x5 --> 4x4 converter taleworlds offers, so that they couldn't revert it. Also it is indeed a lot of hassle, even if we were to upload it seperately, and rather than going this way it seems more wise to postpone the event for a week then.

But that will only be the last measure in case we don't get the ported WSE in time, and from my understanding and PMs to its creator named cmpxchg8b, it might be up any day. Still it seems the 1.150 and 1.151 patches broke more stuff than expected, and even worsened the state of native regarding archers AI for example, so that it is not all sure if we will get cursed with yet another fix that will throw everything out of track again.

As all the stuff needed for the event won't be affected by postponing though, it shouldn't be much of a sacrifice to do in the worst case, and we could hold something like a mini event instead. Yet before shifting it we will wait a day or two yet to see about the WSE, and right now it doesn't seem to unlikely that it will be ported in time.
 

Moeckerkalfie

With mini-event I meant nothing Sulcoit event related, but rather a few nice rounds of raid, siege and so on in bigger numbers to ease the waiting for 0.94^^
 
Top Bottom