Version 1.150 - 1.151 - 1.152 - 1.153 - 1.154

Users who are viewing this thread

*sigh*

I wish we heard from Armagan again. Or anything about MnB 2. It's just been so long, I feel really disconnected from the franchise.

Sound seams to still be broke for me, I've enabled music, reinstalled he game but to no avail.

Also still have this annoying connection problem, where my game connects to servers ( no secure connection enabled) and it dc's a lot. If I have secure connection on I can't even connect to servers :/

Had that since 1.143

Tonight I tried the new patch.
Enabling the music in the start menu really does the trick - no more sound issues now, and you can tune it down of in game.
I think we need a sticky topic about that fix - so easy yet seems alot of people does no know about it.

Now the game works fine, performance is up a bit. I've been in a battles, in a siege and archers seems to behave as usual. Horse archers seems to be more deadly.
In one battle against some Desert Bandits we killed them all except one pesky bandit who spawned with a bow, then he alone proceeded to kill almost all of my recruits before we finally caught him.

It seems that some people still have sounds cut off or not playing. But somebody is working on it, if I understand this correctly. (the NW guys rewrote the sound system in the Warband engine, so they may have to fix it)
lord_olafson said:
The actual problem is, that the sound channels get overlaoded. Warband only has 100 sound channels and when you have 200 guys walking, you already have to many sound channels playing.
We tried to fix this problem with getting priorities for specials sounds. For example, footsteps should not be played if someone is shooting.

Since the new version it somehow seems a bit bugged, but we are working on it. Strangely, I could fix the problem for me, with just making the ingame sound abit quiter.
It is not related to it at all, and makes no sense, but you could try this aswell. Other than that I am really sorry for the problem, and we are looking into fixing it.

I always had musics enabled in launcher settings and turned off in in-game settings, but still I can't hear many sounds, or hear sounds I should not hear *I know it sounds creepy*. I can't hear the sound of the good old coins when I buy or sell something, or in battles, I can hear the sound of an enemy soldier far away getting an arrow in the knee and yelling "rraaaggr" as if he is yelling right next to me.
Edit: Good to know they are working on it.

But the most frustrating one is the problem about archers. I can't use them. Yes, it works when you order them to charge but then they become vulnarable to any enemy around. You can't simply put archers in a nice, cosy, high position and watch the arrow barrage.

Mostly everything I like about this game is broken now. I'll wait for further patches or bug-fixes. And I've always hated Napoleon :razz:

Edit2: I could get the sound to work right at least in single-player by reversing the settings. Disabled music in launcher and coin sounds came back but the horse sound was going on and off. Then I enabled music in launcher and disabled it in-game again and the sound bug was fixed. But archers still won't fire. I could get them to turn their faces to the enemy but they just won't shoot.

Yeah, the archer thing is the big problem now, seeing as the sound thing is apparently being worked on.

How did it get messed up, anyway? I don't see any mentions of pathfinding in the changelog...

Limbless said:
Yeah, the archer thing is the big problem now, seeing as the sound thing is apparently being worked on.

How did it get messed up, anyway? I don't see any mentions of pathfinding in the changelog...

There was a fix about distance calculation for AI troops that is mentioned in Change Log. I think things went wrong about that :grin:

nedsat said:
Anyone found a workaround the not being able to bind 'Z' ?

I have an idea that might work.
Basically you need to enable the crouch option on the module.ini. because that movement its attached to the Z key, by doing this that crouch will appear on the key menu, try to change it.
But...yeah, always a but... Your game will crash if you join a server that doesn't have the Crouch enabled option, basically, 99,9% of the servers.  :roll:

Sounds is still broken for me. It plays certain sounds too loud, others not at all and directional sound is completely gone.

Bit disappointed at this. With Sword and Fire was a horrible mod and now Warband is broken to peddle yet another mod. I will buy Napoleonic Wars but I hope it's worth it otherwise I just won't buy any more Taleworlds games.

venomousraptor said:
Sounds is still broken for me. It plays certain sounds too loud, others not at all and directional sound is completely gone.

Bit disappointed at this. With Sword and Fire was a horrible mod and now Warband is broken to peddle yet another mod. I will buy Napoleonic Wars but I hope it's worth it otherwise I just won't buy any more Taleworlds games.

How was with fire & sword horrible?

To be honest, I really wish the game never works for you again. Bloody moaners.

YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:

Really? Must you ask? D;

YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:

LOL So much hate !

Like Mad Vader said guys: "Keep calm and wait for 1.152".

Also for Z key bug Maynd is right. You could do that as a work around for now. But we just fixed it, it will be in the next patch.

But we need your help guys. Just go http://bugs.taleworlds.com and right all the bug with as much as detail you can give. Keep tracking of bugs from separate forum threads is messy work and there will be bugs left, forgotten or go unnoticed. So go there and write all the bugs you find.

19046762.jpg

Merlkir said:
*sigh*

I wish we heard from Armagan again. Or anything about MnB 2. It's just been so long, I feel really disconnected from the franchise.

Merlkir, i resent that! Aren't i enough for you guys?  :sad:

ffuuck said:
i expect m&b2 to be good
We expect that too.  :cool:

TurambarMakart said:
YourStepDad said:
venomousraptor said:

LOL So much hate !

I guess. I am allergic to moaners and whiners, specially ones who don't even bother to be objective when criticizing something.

@Golradir

Yes please, I would really like to know what's wrong with it. You can't have vassals or be a king, that may be a flaw, but it's certainly not a game breaker. Other than that, it was improved in every way. Oh, arena and tournaments were scrapped. Thank God.

It was a tad bit overpriced since it's considered a standalone "expansion" but other than that, I see no reason for *****ing.

Fact is, people had prejudices about the period & setting, didn't give it a chance and ended up missing out on a great experience. I was one of those people, but gave it a second go out of boredom while my interwebz was down, 500 ingame days after until I've got the internet back, and my campaign is still going strong, not to mention the multiplayer.

Anyway, this has gone way off topic.

If you want to use "Z" button there is a solution,but you will need to do it every time you start Warband(it works,but Controls options reset after you exit the game).So if you really need Z key i suppose you can afford 2-3 minutes to assign all the buttons again at least until new patch is out.
Ok,so this is how you do it:Assign Z to whatever function you want(i use it for toggle weapon mode).Also assign all other buttons to your liking.Then change from Controls to Video or General options and click Done.
It works for me  :wink:

Ragnor, since you are already here.

Possible issue in the future or already looking at it?
On 1.150 a player that joins a server that allows crouch but the player itself doesn't have crouch enabled, the game will crash.
Imagine that you guys fix this and the players wont crash, since they don't have the crouch animation enabled they wont be able to see the other players doing it correct? Isn't this kinda of a major issue since you might be attacking a player that you think its standing but in the end its crouching = fail attack?
Not sure if i'm expressing my idea properly...

Maynd said:
Ragnor, since you are already here.

Possible issue in the future or already looking at it?
On 1.150 a player that joins a server that allows crouch but the player itself doesn't have crouch enabled, the game will crash.
Imagine that you guys fix this and the players wont crash, since they don't have the crouch animation enabled they wont be able to see the other players doing it correct? Isn't this kinda of a major issue since you might be attacking a player that you think its standing but in the end its crouching = fail attack?
Not sure if i'm expressing my idea properly...
Yea, wondering about the crouchthingy too :O

Back
Top Bottom