Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Tested the mod on default values and it makes all units with weapon skill 200+ flat. So there's no difference in fighting Somone with 200 Vs fighting Somone with 230. This makes the whole skill point above 200 useless (lords and companions) they can't be any better so there's no point in your companions progress above that and no satisfaction in defeating highly skilled lords in tournaments. Actually You can change it to 1 skill lvl to get better fighting experience with anyone but it takes all the fun of defeating someone better in given skill.

It also takes away all the feeling of Your own progress.

Not really, If you set the difficulty at 25 or so, you can note a huge difference between low and high tier units.

and thats exactly why people saying modders are doing the devs job are wrong

I do agree with this, on the other hand, the combat AI issue seems to be not too hard to fix because it is not that the AI is really bad, the problem is that TW has set wrong parameters and units with 130 weapon skill like Sargeants are ridiculously bad at melee. Units with 100-150 weapon skill should be able to fight much better, they are almost as bad as peasants currently.

Not really, If you set the difficulty at 25 or so, you can note a huge difference between low and high tier units.

I do agree with this, on the other hand, the combat AI issue seems to be not too hard to fix because it is not that the AI is really bad, the problem is that TW has set wrong parameters and units with 130 weapon skill like Sargeants are ridiculously bad at melee.
is blocking related to weapons skills? because i remember them blocking way to much early on making it very hard to hit them

is blocking related to weapons skills? because i remember them blocking way to much early on making it very hard to hit them

devs are testing the balance of combat. They recently changed from level based to skill based, plus added new difficulty settings, with a result that you can see in the game now (not good atm).

plus they need to sometimes remove/tweak things when they find performance issues, like with pathfinding and AI, in order to keep the performance good for all players (not just the ones with new top gaming PC). This also takes a lot of tuning and time.

you can see, as a example, some mods pushing weapon skill quite high (300+) in order for NPCs to do well in combat. This is a temporary workaround that disregards balance tho, but can be used for the time being.

I think yes but not sure if blicking only depends on Weapon Skill because it looks like Lords are able to block better even when they have medium weapon skill. Same for companions.

I have been tested the mod and it is 100% recommendable. The performance gap between units with low weapon skill and high weapon skill is increased, so units like imperial archers with 40 one-handed and shield weapon skill are worse against units like Sturgian Spearmen which have 100 WS in one-handed and shield. I have set the difficulty at 25 because I do not like to fight peasants blocking and doing feints every time.

The mod make the tournaments much more enjoyable because units fight better and big battles are also improved thanks to it.

Make a new character, try to beat Sturgian tourney with spear. Come back to me then...
Hey Marcus, I found Spear fights to be tedious until I started using shield bash for the 1v1’s. It makes a HUGE difference when you start incorporating it. That combined with footwork can help you get through spear & shield fights consistently, even on realistic damage and the current ai set to challenging, and even with a noob low level character. It is, of course, easier as your character levels up and you have better armor too :wink:

Its always funny to me that people whine about some weapons somehow not being usefull while they don't use the combat system to its limits.

the depots on steamdb show that 1.1.1 had an update sometime over the weekend, not beta. must have been small because there were no patch notes.

Back
Top Bottom