Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

Users who are viewing this thread

I am not the subject matter expert on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but one thing that was changed is a shift from character level based combat ai level to equipped weapon skill level based combat ai level. (So f.e. you won't see a high level merchant dominate you in battle.) We are balancing this and also working on some other combat related problems.

Perhaps then adding gladiators as well as the lords and companions to tournaments and remove all the basic recruits etc that fight in them. I feel Tournaments should be a fun challenge currently since the change its just a breeze for people with experience even on challenge difficulty. Just a suggestion. :smile:

@Devs the easiest fix to make tournaments and overall all NPCs in 1v1 harder to kill is heavily increasy their turn speed. It is so easy to just walk in a circle around them and they can't turn fast enough to even face/attack you in 1v1. Make NPCs able to turn as fast as players can and there will be alot more challenge. If slow turning for NPCs is made on purpose increase turning speed with athletic skill at least so that the stronger elite opponents at least can keep up with players.

@Devs the easiest fix to make tournaments and overall all NPCs in 1v1 harder to kill is heavily increasy their turn speed. It is so easy to just walk in a circle around them and they can't turn fast enough to even face/attack you in 1v1. Make NPCs able to turn as fast as players can and there will be alot more challenge. If slow turning for NPCs is made on purpose increase turning speed with athletic skill at least so that the stronger elite opponents at least can keep up with players.
This needs a fix. It's just the turn rate really, I don't think AI will look that much more stupid if it could just turn a bit faster, or if it took a step back when you're rotating around it.

Perhaps then adding gladiators as well as the lords and companions to tournaments and remove all the basic recruits etc that fight in them. I feel Tournaments should be a fun challenge currently since the change its just a breeze for people with experience even on challenge difficulty. Just a suggestion. :smile:
This.

I am not the subject matter expert on this, so take it with a grain of salt, but one thing that was changed is a shift from character level based combat ai level to equipped weapon skill level based combat ai level. (So f.e. you won't see a high level merchant dominate you in battle.) We are balancing this and also working on some other combat related problems.

I'm not an expert either, but it seems like the skill to AI-ability is too low. You're having T6 units act like idiots, but apparently characters with unobtainably high-stats are good (according to one poster who claims his 1000 1hnd skill companion was unbeatable).

If I am correct (and I might not be) then the core system is good, but the weighting of values is all cocked up.

I have been fighting Fians units which should have a high two handed skill and their AI is still really bad in tournaments. While 1h+Shield still need more work, two handed units have the worst AI currently.

Last edited:
Damn I'm glad about the cities economy being fixed, I have like 50k of weight of trade goods on my fresh new beta character xD I thought it's how it works now

new bugg
they considerate us in war in the section of kingdom like u can see in the screenshot

but on the map we are in peace

im desapointed with this gaming experience that become anoying much bugg like that
i dont give a **** i just lost the taste to play small to small

You should take a break if EA is too much for you, maybe come back in a few months after some major patching can get done. The devs are probably overwhelmed with all the feedback as a post usually ends up on page 3 in about an hour. There is a lot of traffic here and in time the devs will catch up and get **** done.

You should take a break if EA is too much for you, maybe come back in a few months after some major patching can get done. The devs are probably overwhelmed with all the feedback as a post usually ends up on page 3 in about an hour. There is a lot of traffic here and in time the devs will catch up and get **** done.

the explained bugg in my 2xscreen shoot is: they declare war to a clan in particular like u see in the first screenshoot my clan and a other clan in my kingdom in war not in war with a kingdom..and on the map we are in peace that why that a bugg.

and for answer you yes i will take a small break of this game because im lost the taste to play this game small to small like everybody i was so exited to play this game and i was wait this game a longtime.
you say me they go fix the game in some month i will answer you if they have take 5years for go out this game i am not sure all bugg will be fix in some month my friend.i dont give a **** we know they are a small DEV team.
we just go continuate to be positive but some player is already bored of all those bugg and u can see the proove in youtube
and like exemple in youtube : Bannerlord fun but so buggy that the kind of title u will be see.
anyway ...im not here for fight i will just say : Have fun for my conclusion

Why did they even change the scale for combat AI in the first place? Was there something that was broken? Can't they just revert it back to 1.0.X AI for the time being since it's not getting any better from the looks of it.

patchnotes-e1.1.1.png

Main
Versions
Native: e1.1.0
SandboxCore: e1.1.1
Sandbox: e1.1.1
Storymode: e1.1.1
CustomBattle: e1.1.1
  • Lower chance of crashing the game while trying to load a save file with a mismatched version.
  • Fixed the crash that occurred after the player sends the Family Feud Issue Quest's companion to another Issue's alternative solution.
  • Caravans start selling prisoners they captured.
  • AI combat effectiveness has been increased.
Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/

Beta
Versions
Native: e1.2.0
SandboxCore: e1.2.0
Sandbox: e1.2.0
Storymode: e1.2.0
CustomBattle: e1.2.0
  • All changes mentioned above.
  • Better warning before crashing for systems with low memory available
  • Towns were going bankrupt in one week. This problem was fixed.
Known Issues
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/known-issues-updated.401168/

****ennn oathhh

Why did they even change the scale for combat AI in the first place? Was there something that was broken? Can't they just revert it back to 1.0.X AI for the time being since it's not getting any better from the looks of it.
Maybe they were trying to do something ambitious with the AI but unintentionally ended up making it ass instead.

Yesterday (10 hours ago) they pushed something more on Steam and I started to notice low tier units blocking with polearms on battlefield. It's good that there's progress but seeing recruit perfectly blocking horseman attacks in the middle of battle is kinda funny.

I think they changed the scale for AI because archer units were able to perform to good in melee, close to infantry units and to be honest, changing It to weapon skill has been a good decision. The problem is how bad the AI performs now because units need tons of weapon skill to perform decently and even if they have +200, they are still not good as before.

Hi, i just want to say that after this new hot fix the game start stuttering and have frame issues in combat phase. Sometimes NPC just remain stuck not moving until they are attacked (and this is not a tactic as the full formation just attacked). In tournaments sometimes NPC bodies remain on the field in next round as stuck. In castle siege there are some points when the defending army can fall through the floor and get stuck in building that you cannot enter, as falling through the floor but they go though walls. This issue did not occur on the previous versions, and now it dose on old saved games and also starting a new campaign.

How many attempts do you guys need to fix siege towers... its getting ridiculous now. if anything its gotten worse.
How many attempts do you guys need to fix siege AI.... its getting ridiculous now. if anything its getting alot worse.
How many attempts do you guys need to fix combat AI. Again its went from 1 extreme to the other. Very poor.
How many attempts do you guys need to fix world economy...How many tweaks/nerfs are going to be enough to stop players playing the game. you are seriously pushing away a lot of players from this game. Or forcing the players that are left to play this open world sandbox game a very specific way.

Why patch stuff if it makes absolutely no difference to what the patch was intended to fix. Seriously are you guys even remotely testing this stuff before we get our hands on it in beta.

This is NOT EA. This is a fully fledged ALPHA with even the basic foundations not solid or even implemented. its embarrassing. STOP Nerfing stuff and implement the bloody basics to the game.

For many the game was and still is unplayable due to hardware issues/optimisation issues from day 1. its yet more basic foundations that have been half attempted and rushed.. and again more akin to an ALPHA than an EA build

Mods right now as I type this are fixing more of the game that what you the developers are. Surely thats really embarrassing for you that basic features even from warband are not in this game and have had to be modded into Bannerlord.

It must have literally came down to either wasting another "x" amount of years doing god knows what to "improve" the game behind closed doors and then get to the point of bankruptcy with no more money coming in. Or release the game now in "EA", claim it is EA or risk the player base leaving as the hype had all gone.

I totally get that you guys are patching the game like mad right now to fix alot of issues but it should never have got to this stage.

I feel like you are rushing patches out without a serious plan or roadmap as to whats next. Communications to us the customers have been very poor apart from the odd response here and there from a Developer.

I really hope you start concentrating on actually developing the game further and putting more meat on the bones because right now all there really is is a basic combat simulator with terrible AI.

Very shallow experience for EA.

Back
Top Bottom