Patch .73 for Perisno

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
is coming real soon (TM)

its lunch my time as I type this.

a) Silber and I solved the mercenaries gear issue.
    While I was at it females got a slight boost to their hair to be in line with male counterparts.

b) Inheritances used an incorrect call that inadvertently gave out 1024 armors in one case.  All those calls are fixed and
I need to go through each inheritance and all their permutations just to be sure.  Gone through about half of them and made
minor adjustments, mostly on values calculations and whether to give females hair enchantments.  Well, you'll see...

c) I did promise to fix bounties at the barkeep sometime today, but that hasn't been started, been solving # a, then saw #b.
Still haven't even started this one.

d) There are new scenes for Fountain Hall. They work now,  In fact, the city is "freakin' awesome!".  You can see for yourself.

Otherwise testing is looking good.  I'm happy with economy changes so far, and ironworks make money too now.  Tons of it.
Some cities have a LOT of ore, and others are very poor in ore.  Next month, when you can go mining for yourself, you might make a living at it, although I ought to put bad guys on top of the best spots... I really should...

- GS

And I've got two  weeks more to go on this business trip...  looking forward to getting back home and checking it out, especially the trade options.  Lots of other things at home to look forward to as well, of course.  Cheers.

Pamper_Me said:
Perisno is life GS is love <3

Well guys (and gals, 1 or 2):

Everything is working EXCEPT I didn't have time to do the bug fix (large bounties at the bartender) I wanted.
  I *did* promise a release tonight.

I was gonna hide a "PatchPerisno073beta.7z" in my bug fixes folder so that very curious people would find it and start playing,
provided they didn't pester me overnight, while releasing a better patch tomorrow with more fixes that people can begin formally complaining about.

Except now you said something nice so I'm obliged to be a better "father" (sort-of)
  So I'll treat you with the respect you deserve, if you'll do that for me too.

Here's what I have.  It could use a lot of bug fixes.  But it's more cool than you might expect...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgENlFjSExfbmk0bEU/view?usp=sharing

And I'll try to make something with more bug fixes for Moddb / Nexus /Steam tomorrow evening, which will be this plus a layer of .txt files at the root of that patch

These just copy over your .70/.71/72-any/Mel's .073 and whatever you've cooked up with Morgh's.
  You probably have to juggle directories a bit so that it aligns with your Perisno, but its the patch.  I've been playing it
all day and tweaking it (what an idiom) all day.  Its about ready to serve.

I'll get around to those bug fixes tomorrow.

- GS

t139039.gif

4771502.jpg

I forgot to update  info_pages  to thank Rigale for helping us redo economy and this "inheritances".

It's not straight cut and paste but it IS heavily influenced by Rigale v11, which I've been studying these last 2 weeks.
Without the help of Cernunos we would have taken much longer to redo the economy.
In turn, next few weeks after this patch is stable I'll be working on Rigale to merge it (fully) with Diplomacy 4.3 and put it back for the OSP community,
as our way of saying "Thanks".  That way Rigale can be less of a niche and more useful to the modding community.

I wont promise a full merge of Rigale into Perisno, as parts of it are not intuitive and need rework.  But I WILL take crafting, and maybe try to make
the parts I think need "work" become a little smoother, so the final product is much more pleasant to play for the average casual player.  It's a bit tangled at the moment and I'll try to bring it to the level it deserves, if I can.  I think its author could use a vote of Thanks from each of us that likes these things.

I hope you find Perisno a little easier to play now, as well.  It has some good components, doesn't it?

Thank you Cernunos, and your crew which I'll be sure to credit as contributors to something we call Perisno.

- GS
  co-lead .7 series Perisno

-----
8:40 PM
  I have a message the ankars armor needs a fix.  If so, that's a tomorrow problem.
  It may be something was missing on the tester's PC.  But if it blows up on MY PC, it can get changed pretty quickly.
  I'll check tomorrow, its late here.

Anyway, take care all.

Incredible!  THANK YOU gsanders for all the hard work you've put in to push the Perisno mod forward. I look forward to seeing where else you and the team are able to take Perisno and wish you the very best of luck on your "new" endeavors going forward.

Thanks again!

gsanders said:
8:40 PM
  I have a message the ankars armor needs a fix.  If so, that's a tomorrow problem.
  It may be something was missing on the tester's PC.  But if it blows up on MY PC, it can get changed pretty quickly.
  I'll check tomorrow, its late here.

Anyway, take care all.

I believe the problem is a missing line from module.ini.  Easy fix:
Open the mod's folder
Open the file named 'module'
Paste this line right after the mess of lines starting with 'load_mod_resource': load_mod_resource = surrealarms_modified
Remember to save the module file before closing it!

This lets the mod load the missing graphics.  Assuming, that is, that the download has them.  It's in MelsPerisno.

Quickie link if you just need that file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcuv9a1e3h5bdu6/surrealarms_modified.7z?dl=0

Hmm...looks like it might be missing the textures, too.  Here they are:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cwsauy2z55g0fd/Textures.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3houjn51oydrabp/xenoargh_neck_guard.dds?dl=0

One more, the missing enchanted head armour mesh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/msfjmghm8b1m79s/elfstuff.brf?dl=0
Drop that in your Resource folder and overwrite.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:

Just confirming that the .73 patch (with the files added above) works very well!  No bugs that I found in 3 hours of play besides the strangely human rhino herds and the missing female face mipmaps for the lod's (both of which were pre-existing known bugs). 

@cheesehat
I think gsanders needs to look up what heirloom means :smile:
[/quote]

mindless update # 27:
Changed the word "heirloom" to "inheritance" to favor prolific grammar Nazis and retired English teachers for "official" patch .73

slightly updated patch .073 beta2
a)  this moves 3 potential mercenary troops  Eagles, Ankars, and 3rd Legion to not be recruit able in taverns BUT messes with save games made yesterday from my first beta patch, at least if you have mercs or captured hirelings from bandits or any of the little micro faction outlaws.

b)  economy has its final enterprise cost adjustments

c) home grown troops raise up slightly faster (that is troops get a 20% exp bonus, compared to you and your companions who already enjoy +50% exp bonus since last summer).

d) "Heirloom" now reads "Inheritance". 

e) all of Melanie's fixes from above.

oh, the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVWVRZExoaXdzSVU/view?usp=sharing

there wont be anything to break THIS savegame until Valentines day, unless this patch has something really fatal.

still waiting on:
  1) mesh  mapfow
  2) large tavern bounty quests change/fix

but this is the main stuff now.

- GS
signed sealed delivered, it's yours...

====
tomorrow we think we have a surprise for you, another remade city (besides Fountain Hall)

The .73 patch is all about balancing, compared to .72 -- every troop in the game was looked at.  The changes were so profound, that we need you to test them out and find where we've made any troops underpowered or overpowered.  In addition, gsanders has done quite a bit of economy tweaking.  Go forth, bold explorers, and report back your findings!  :smile:

MelanieWard said:
The .73 patch is all about balancing, compared to .72 -- every troop in the game was looked at.  The changes were so profound, that we need you to test them out and find where we've made any troops underpowered or overpowered.  In addition, gsanders has done quite a bit of economy tweaking.  Go forth, bold explorers, and report back your findings!  :smile:

Awesome :mrgreen: I will now build my amazing dwarf army  :twisted:

For some reason all of my Freelancer infantry are level one except for the Recruit's. I assume this is a bug or I installed the patch incorrectly. The Archers and Cavalry are appropriately leveled.
1024x576.resizedimage
1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage
1024x576.resizedimage

Cr1msonguard said:
For some reason all of my Freelancer infantry are level one except for the Recruit's. I assume this is a bug or I installed the patch incorrectly. The Archers and Cavalry are appropriately leveled.
1024x576.resizedimage
1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage
1024x576.resizedimage

Oh, good catch!  It's a python coding error we made.  Easy fix.
We wrote, for example: knows_average_inf_lvl1, def_wpex_average_inf_lvl1, knows_average_inf_lvl1
When we meant this: average_archinf_attrib_lvl1, def_wpex_average_inf_lvl1, knows_average_inf_lvl1

I'll post the fix when I am sure it works.

...  I've been playing it
all day and tweaking it (what an idiom) all day.  ...

It's a much better idiom than, say ... "twerking"  :twisted:

... yeah, I'm just waiting for the download to finish!  :mrgreen:

Speaking of downloads, any known issues w/ MB 1.666? (Yeah, it's 1.166, but geez! Soooo close!! :evil:)
  ... I'll soon find out, I guess.

BadassWalrus said:
MelanieWard said:

Awesome :mrgreen: I will now build my amazing dwarf army  :twisted:

Let us know how it turns out.  They might still feel underpowered in certain situations.  There's more we could do (better armour ratings, better crossbows, that sort of thing) but we don't want to overdo it.  Keep notes!  :wink:

haha nice troops.txt Melanie. You trolled us with a fked up game  :mrgreen:
1st it's not compatible with old saves
2nd.. replaces NPCs and places and OMFG  :lol:
startup merchant is replaced by a robber that gives u quest.. you are attacked by a Maiden of War!
mb2.jpg
mb4.jpg
Kings/Queens got they're towns mixed... Zen are in from start! lol
Remove that file before more downolad it!  :lol:

So about the legit .73 now. Realm Of The Falcon started 2 wars on day 1 :???: this is certainly a big bug since they're supposed to be the peaceful Kingdom. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom