Passive Gold (Workshops / Caravans)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zocki

Recruit
Hey guys,
how do I create much passive money so I can pay all my wages? I tried workshops and caravans, my caravans get per day from 80 up to 160 profit. and my workshops 60 - 120?!?!?!?Thats like nothing of my wages lol :sad: Like I have a group of 50 men and a daily gold change of 700 lol, how should I pay that?! I am struggeling at paying it, just doing full time quests, cant really do other things like increasing my army or anything else. To battle other lords and get my monesy from battles im to weak (with 50 men).

Anyone know how to get good money?

Thanks in advance

So far, only smithing has worked for me. You don't have to use the exploitable javelins to make good money.

Buy any weapons less than 500 gold. (buy just western throwing daggers for tier 1 javelins to reduce clutter). And buy hardwood. Smelt the weapons and turn wood into charcoal. Once your Smithing is 25, get the charcoal upgrade for 3 charcoal for 2 wood. instead of 1 charcoal for 2 wood. Tier 1 two handed swords tend to be pretty good. I think polearms also sell well. the pike one

Try to catch villagers on the way back from towns and buy their old work horses. They're often like 15d each and can be slaughtered for two hunks of meat that can often be sold for 30d apiece, for a total profit of 45d per horse. Though personally I just use the massively increased carrying capacity from the dirt cheap horses to buy/sell trade goods. I've never had trouble staying fluent that way.

I don't see why you would buy weapons for smithing purposes if you can just slay bands of looters, smelt down their rubbish for smithing, and sell their smelly loincloths for 20 denars apiece on top of that.

OP right now caravans and workshops aren't great. In my current play through I've got a companion with a 100 in trading and is a Khurzit to boot so her party has the speed bonus, so she brings in about 250-300. But workshops are crap right now. The best I can do is around 200 and that's if villages aren't getting raided typically I'm getting 80-120. TW has been nerfing workshops and caravans since release and they really need a buff because they're not worth it. If a workshop costs 15k and brings in 100 a day that means it's 150 days before you start to see a profit. That's 2 years and Imo that's too long. I do find that when you have companion parties they can bring in a decent amount of $ but you have to remember that it costs to start them up too. But once they get rolling they aren't bad and if you give your companions decent troops to start they'll do well.

To battle other lords and get my monesy from battles im to weak (with 50 men).
Have you tried? I don't know what 50 men you've got buy I can beat lords with 20 khuzait raiders by using good tactics and retreating if I need to. I
mean, I can take out hidden hand and embers parties solo as soon as I can find them with a freashly pop'd character
. Lords aren't as tough as you think and some are much weaker then others. There's always gonna be somebody bigger then you so you've gotta make a warband that can take down a larger force. You can pick on some of the infantry based minor faction for a good warm up.

But on your question, I think caravans work out okay on 1.4.3. This video by flesson19 is pretty good.

I've only got one but it's doing pretty well. Garb a wanderer with trade skill blah blah it's okay.

I also find silvermith workshop does allright even if there's no silver mine. I haven't tried evry city or anything but it's just what I've seen in my recent games on 1.4.3
By alright I mean like 250 a day versus 0-25 from a smithy in a town with an iron mine that...should be doing better....
Also breweries do pretty well in town with grain villages.

Also, when you recue your brother he has high stewart skill and that will up you party size if you make him the quarter master. That's on 1.4.3 beta though.

Also, if you just send a companion out as a decent party they can pul in some cash too. I suggest a khuzait companion and give them like 40 raiders so they get good speed and can catch lotsa guys and avoid enemies too big. But people with tactics or stewart are good too.

Sorry if that's jumbled mess I just keep thinking of other stuff that can help.

Have you tried? I don't know what 50 men you've got buy I can beat lords with 20 khuzait raiders by using good tactics and retreating if I need to. I
mean, I can take out hidden hand and embers parties solo as soon as I can find them with a freashly pop'd character
. Lords aren't as tough as you think and some are much weaker then others. There's always gonna be somebody bigger then you so you've gotta make a warband that can take down a larger force. You can pick on some of the infantry based minor faction for a good warm up.

But on your question, I think caravans work out okay on 1.4.3. This video by flesson19 is pretty good.

I've only got one but it's doing pretty well. Garb a wanderer with trade skill blah blah it's okay.

I also find silvermith workshop does allright even if there's no silver mine. I haven't tried evry city or anything but it's just what I've seen in my recent games on 1.4.3
By alright I mean like 250 a day versus 0-25 from a smithy in a town with an iron mine that...should be doing better....
Also breweries do pretty well in town with grain villages.

Also, when you recue your brother he has high stewart skill and that will up you party size if you make him the quarter master. That's on 1.4.3 beta though.

Also, if you just send a companion out as a decent party they can pul in some cash too. I suggest a khuzait companion and give them like 40 raiders so they get good speed and can catch lotsa guys and avoid enemies too big. But people with tactics or stewart are good too.

Sorry if that's jumbled mess I just keep thinking of other stuff that can help.

im not playing beta atm im still at 1.4.2 but ty for your help :smile: maybe I should play the Beta XD

But that doesn´t make sense for me? Why should a silversmith do better without a mine than let´s say a brewery with two villages with grain?

But that doesn´t make sense for me? Why should a silversmith do better without a mine than let´s say a brewery with two villages with grain?
I doesn't at all, although in my particular case the silver mine and the brewery (with 2 grain villages) are about the same. I think my 17 babies must buy shiny jewelry and drink all the beer! Up in Mekeb I have a smithy getting iron and wood...... 0-25, however mekeb has low prosperity while other town , chaikand has pretty high 6k, which is good for 1.4.3.... the world of starvation and ruin. I don't know if prosp effect it or not though. I don't know anything

I don't know anything

Me neither :grin:

I just do it like this way:

If a town has for example two villages with grain I build a brewery. If I notice it only makes 20-30 denars after some time I just change it to something different and see again if it now makes at least some money. If not, I change it again until I find the thing that makes me money :grin:

At least it "only" costs 2000 denars to change the workshop and can be done from anywhere.

At high (5000+) prosperity, the price of grain starts to increase. Some places get lucky with the grain supply, like Sanala having enough it can go past 14,000 prosperity while its grain remains under 14 denars, but most other towns the grain price eventually gets to the point it affects of the profitability of your breweries.

I'm not 100% sure on why silversmiths do better even without inputs but my working theory is that -- as luxury goods -- they are primarily sold to cities with very high prosperity and the inflation to match. Silver ore isn't (AFAICT) consumed by towns on its own, unlike most other trade goods, so the silver market might be totally flexible and location agnostic.

At high (5000+) prosperity, the price of grain starts to increase. Some places get lucky with the grain supply, like Sanala having enough it can go past 14,000 prosperity while its grain remains under 14 denars, but most other towns the grain price eventually gets to the point it affects of the profitability of your breweries.

I'm not 100% sure on why silversmiths do better even without inputs but my working theory is that -- as luxury goods -- they are primarily sold to cities with very high prosperity and the inflation to match. Silver ore isn't (AFAICT) consumed by towns on its own, unlike most other trade goods, so the silver market might be totally flexible and location agnostic.
So maybe if somebody buys, changes and sells a lot of silver smithys in the world they could further increase the profist of their own? Or would it stay the same unless there was a abnormal amount of silver smithies consuming silver ore?

Does the price of goods dynamically change depending on the number of workshops? For example, if I take over the Aserai and turn 30+ workshops into breweries, is beer cheaper everywhere and now all other goods cost more? I assume the game's AI is not that advanced yet.

Hey guys,
how do I create much passive money so I can pay all my wages? I tried workshops and caravans, my caravans get per day from 80 up to 160 profit. and my workshops 60 - 120?!?!?!?Thats like nothing of my wages lol :sad: Like I have a group of 50 men and a daily gold change of 700 lol, how should I pay that?! I am struggeling at paying it, just doing full time quests, cant really do other things like increasing my army or anything else. To battle other lords and get my monesy from battles im to weak (with 50 men).

Anyone know how to get good money?

Thanks in advance
ATM If you play on realism as a Trader the profits are far to Low and can not afford more than 30 Troops. If you put it on easy you should be OK. I have around 509 hours in Single player I am playing on 1.4.3 atm.

Back
Top Bottom