[Outdated] Rigging Armors with Wings3d - Possible???

Users who are viewing this thread

Jallon said:
Alright, I'm trying to get this to work, and my armor is having the vertex spiking problem. I understand that i need to find a mesh more similiar to the one I'm using, but I am already using the closest one i could find. You mentioned something about combining multiple .smd's. Do you mean just laying them over each other in a program like GMax, then exporting? Or having multiple in.smds in the folder?

Any responses? Is there another way to fix this?

Hyde, Jallon:

I'm not sure how to concatenate them, maybe the command line is
e.g. obj2smd template1.smd template2.smd template3.smd input.obj output.smd
*shrugs* somebody with more experience in typing up command lines can prob'ly put me right.

Failing that, you guys might want to try getting 3ds or Blender and rig 'em manually. It only looks intimidating, but it's really not all that hard.

I've tried learning it in Gmax, and though I technically understanc the process, I hate it. With a burning passion. I'm just going to keep trying to get this to work. I'll post if I figure it out.

amade said:
Failing that, you guys might want to try getting 3ds or Blender and rig 'em manually. It only looks intimidating, but it's really not all that hard.

hehe yeah. i'll probably look into that :wink:

Rath0s said:
After .5 youare done, assign the texture to the armor and play.  :roll:

hehehe. i dn't have the time right now to post a screenshot but i dont want to play like that :p
as i said. it didn't realy work out!

Hey Im having some trouble, I put my mesh in as an Obj, and named it in.obj, then added a similar smd file to the folder and named it in.smd, and when I click on the .exe file it pops up and then dissapears? with no profit no out smd file whatsoever, I also didnt put in the command line? because I didnt know where to put it. Can someone help please? be greatly appriciated.

Because im too apathetic to figure out what you are doing wrong im just going to direct you to open-brf which also supports auto-rigging.

I used openBRF on importing an auto rigged armor but the animations turn freaky.

pipio.jpg

Anyone else having that problem with OpenBRF?

okay, serious problem, i spent hours making a piece of armor, i used blender to create the mesh, exported it as an .obj and used "obj2smd" but...
obj2smd didnt work, i got this error....

obj2smderror.jpg

so i tried rigging with blender, i used the "boneheat" method and even the weight painting method and i get this error on OpenBRF when i import the rigged mesh

openbrferror.jpg

i'd hate to see all that time i spent on it go to waste... so someone pls tell me whats going on?  :cry:

Hey. Tried this out for an armor of mine.

Code:
 Processing in.smd .....
 Processing in.obj .....
Error: Some vertices don't have UV coords associated.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any help?

Back
Top Bottom