One step forward, two steps backward.

Users who are viewing this thread

I like several of the improvements in this new patch; many of them are quite useful. For instance, being able to see someone's name, or area chat, make this mod far more practical and coherent.

Nevertheless, the questionable design decision to remove sumpter horses has been, for me, gamebreaking. It can take minutes of pointless walking just to get from the forest spawnpoint to anywhere worthwhile, and all the while there is the risk of getting killed by some killhungry randomer on horseback and having to start all over again.

It's unnerving. I daresay it's even gamebreaking. I went through the "walk several miles, get killed, walk again" routine a few times, but the fourth or fifth time it happened I just ragequit. I just couldn't take anymore pointless walking. Any game that forces its players to spend long streches of time waiting around or doing something unpleasant is not, in my books, a good game. At least the sumpter horses in v1 allowed you to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable degree of safety, but right now, you're pretty much screwed.

Furthermore, the only available entry-level horse, the saddle horse, costs 1000 gold -- which means that you're pretty much stuck with white base gear unless you want to be legging it all over the place.

I really hope this could be addressed, if only by making an affordable (say 500 gold?) sumpter horse available.

I just don't feel like playing a game whose main goal is walking unarmed for minutes and getting killed in the process.

I myself wish to include there has also been targeting (I don't want to moan, but I can't even play the game properly now) - and people know which one is me because of the name thing...
I do not like the idea of players being able to target and kill each other repeatedly - me in this case.

Yeah. I stopped playing. I'm really not gonna play it until the free humpter horses get added back. Sorry, it really does break the game.

the sumpter horse disappearence is a big step backward... We still have all the random killers around but now is even harder to gain the money needed to a proper equipment (you need 1000 for the horse, 500 for the armor and 200-1000 for the weapons...)

Your all taking this way to seriously, if you want to grinf gold then just select civilian class, get a saddle horse and your set

I just ragequit after some guy on horseback (Sir_Hal) camped the exit of the 'safe spawn point' and slaughtered us by the dozen with his sword.

We need horses just to get past this.

Grakelin said:
I just ragequit after some guy on horseback (Sir_Hal) camped the exit of the 'safe spawn point' and slaughtered us by the dozen with his sword.

you guys are lucky...i cant even play :evil: it says unable to open modules/pwmod_v2/sounds.txt or sumthing  :oops:

rogue555 said:
Grakelin said:

you guys are lucky...i cant even play :evil: it says unable to open modules/pwmod_v2/sounds.txt or sumthing  :oops:

You either:
a) did not copy the native folder
b) did not extract the rar file within the copied native folder
c) did not name the folder correctly

HTAPAWASO said:
rogue555 said:
Grakelin said:

You either:
LOL you need to copy nativ ? :shock:

rogue555 said:
HTAPAWASO said:
rogue555 said:
Grakelin said:

You either:
LOL you need to copy nativ ? :shock:

d) did not follow installation instructions at all.

:razz:

Yes, the mod is only 1.4mb and simply adds on to the things provided in native.

Copy native, put the PMOD rar file inside the copied native folder, extract it there (press YES to replace files), then rename the folder.

We need the free sumpter horses.  Playing the game as a red teammember is ten times harder than any other because its on the opposite side of the map, and you can't afford a saddlehorse if you're wearing a dumb red shirt.  It also encourages assholes to steal other peoples horses at thevillage armory since they're in such short supply.

Nikolai Alexandre said:
We need the free sumpter horses.  Playing the game as a red teammember is ten times harder than any other because its on the opposite side of the map, and you can't afford a saddlehorse if you're wearing a dumb red shirt.  It also encourages assholes to steal other peoples horses at thevillage armory since they're in such short supply.
All the castles are on the opposite side of the map from the village :razz:

If anything, it's easier, since red castle is significantly better - easier to defend, easier to get in if its deserted, more resources, etc - than any other castle. In blue castle you have to leave your horse halfway around the gigantic wood wall, walk through the whole castle, and then open the gates - and leave it open while you get your horse back for any intruder who wants to enter. White castle is even worse.

It really doesn't take that long to walk in this game, especially if you choose an infantry class (higher athletics).
Besides, the sumpter horses were so slow it was about the same speed.

I'm glad that horses are for the privileged now. Makes money even more useful, and prevents the ridiculous number of horses everywhere.

gamerman345 said:
What do you mean "men run faster than free horses". Besides the fact that horses were 40 times more flexible.

Traditionally, when you put something in quotation marks, it's a... well, a quote. Who ever said that?

And what do you mean by more flexible?

HTAPAWASO said:
It really doesn't take that long to walk in this game, especially if you choose an infantry class (higher athletics).

I'm glad that horses are for the privileged now. Makes money even more useful, and prevents the ridiculous number of horses everywhere.

The problem is that, under this unfair new system, the privileged just become more and more privileged whereas the poor become poorer. If you lack a horse, you're bound to get randomed by the killhungry "privileged" who became privileged precisely by killing random unarmed newcomers. If the guy catches you out in the open, you can't run, you can't hide, and you can't defend yourself. You're just in for another long hike across the map, whereas the killer gets a few hundred gold for his "trouble". A man on foot is always more vulnerable than a man on horse.

Good horses should always be for the privileged, but the crappy sumpter horses (which were quite useless in combat) were simply meant as a means of transportation, and they filled in that role perfectly.

As it has been pointed out, there are now entire gangs of spawnkillers specialized in hanging around at the spawn points and killing folks.

This may sound a bit harsh, but I'd advocate simply eliminating the gold reward for killing people. That's just an incentive for people to RP serial killers, since it's the only viable way to get money.

King Harkinian said:
HTAPAWASO said:

The problem is that, under this unfair new system, the privileged just become more and more privileged whereas the poor become poorer. If you lack a horse, you're bound to get randomed by the killhungry "privileged" who became privileged precisely by killing random unarmed newcomers. If the guy catches you out in the open, you can't run, you can't hide, and you can't defend yourself. You're just in for another long hike across the map, whereas the killer gets a few hundred gold for his "trouble". A man on foot is always more vulnerable than a man on horse.

Good horses should always be for the privileged, but the crappy sumpter horses (which were quite useless in combat) were simply meant as a means of transportation, and they filled in that role perfectly.

As it has been pointed out, there are now entire gangs of spawnkillers specialized in hanging around at the spawn points and killing folks.

This may sound a bit harsh, but I'd advocate simply eliminating the gold reward for killing people. That's just an incentive for people to RP serial killers, since it's the only viable way to get money.

You're not supposed to get gold for killing people:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125212.0.html

Any server with that setting is 'wrong'.

King Harkinian said:
HTAPAWASO said:

Or make the gold gain tiny E.g 5 gold per kill? This would make battles give you something.

Onto another subject based on this subject.
The round I just did there was next to no spawn killing after us mercs cleared the area of spawn killers (like that guy call something pedo something and the Divider guy)
The problem is we have to keep wasting our time and gold clearing the spawn point of idiots who can't leave them alone... Though around the end about 4 mercs decided to go and dedicate themselves to defend the spawn point - which was good!
The problem is this doesn't happen most rounds, so it gets very annoying and frustrating because you can't even leave the spawn point.

HTAPAWASO said:
King Harkinian said:
HTAPAWASO said:

You're not supposed to get gold for killing people:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125212.0.html

Any server with that setting is 'wrong'.

That is the default setting - it says 'starting gold 0' and max players is 32 ect. It is just a 'default / base'

Back
Top Bottom