On Rebellions

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks like rebels need different names assigned in the scripts or we are going to have redundancy.
Currently, the rebels are not correctly removed when they're taken as prisoners and thus can stay in the encyclopedia and diplomacy screens. It is planned to be fixed in a hotfix.

Rebellions should provide a new option for kingdom creation. Now just wait until a rebellion happens, take that fief, and you can start a kingdom.

In 1.5.6 we provide a base system implementation of the rebellions. It can be expanded or improved upon based on player feedback, features such as kingdom creation are rather complex (both in terms of development and testing as it's coupled with more systems) and I believe trying to find the "ultimate" design can push deployment too far back. I am in favor of more base systems that have core functionality deployed first and improved upon player feedback and further simulation data.

Currently, the rebels are not correctly removed when they're taken as prisoners and thus can stay in the encyclopedia and diplomacy screens. It is planned to be fixed in a hotfix.

In 1.5.6 we provide a base system implementation of the rebellions. It can be expanded or improved upon based on player feedback, features such as kingdom creation are rather complex (both in terms of development and testing as it's coupled with more systems) and I believe trying to find the "ultimate" design can push deployment too far back. I am in favor of more base systems that have core functionality deployed first and improved upon player feedback and further simulation data.

Players should be able to attack and occupy a rebel held fief, meeting the "held fief" requirement to create a kingdom.

Players should be able to attack and occupy a rebel held fief, meeting the "held fief" requirement to create a kingdom.

how about this: instead of how rebellions work now, a notable of a newly occupied town has a quest for the player basically offering him control of the town in exchange for him to ridd the town of its occupiers. so the player initiates a battle between the player's party + the milita vs the garrison in the streets of the town and if successful, the notables agree on making the player their king?

A question about loyality and security in occupied towns... If Khuzaits take over a town, to whome the citizens and villagers are loyal to? What represents the loyality number in town?
Lets say before Khuzaits took over a town the loyality was 80 for empire. After the town is taken the loyality remains 80. Shouldn't that be zeroed? Additionally, security. Shouldn't get that zeroed too in this case?

Thanks for the response.

how about this: instead of how rebellions work now, a notable of a newly occupied town has a quest for the player basically offering him control of the town in exchange for him to ridd the town of its occupiers. so the player initiates a battle between the player's party + the milita vs the garrison in the streets of the town and if successful, the notables agree on making the player their king?

I like it better if the player can just squash the rebellion, occupy the town, and then declare your own kingdom. That way you can avoid a war with the kingdom the fief rebelled from, giving the player the necessary time to establish himself, build a garrison and create the armies needed to defend a brand new kingdom.

To me this seems like a great mechanic, since its almost impossible to create a kingdom without joining one, leaving it, and keeping your fiefs.

It gives honorable players an honorable option for creating a kingdom.

If I am gonna need to start appointing governors you're gonna need to give me more than 9 companions.
Or you will need to wait until you have lot of adult kids in your clan. But frankly, governors aren't good for anything at the moment. Most of my castles and towns are worse on it when I assign governors (family members due to -1 cultural difference).
TW should think over the governor system before they move on with rebellion. I.e. some useful perks, some meaningful governor education for family members... etc

I am loving the new rebellions system and the feature explanation is much appreciated. Thanks!

So you have 2 types of rebels, Seperatists who will try to become free from their owner and join back the original faction, and normal rebels who will try to get independence in general.

Or you will need to wait until you have lot of adult kids in your clan. But frankly, governors aren't good for anything at the moment. Most of my castles and towns are worse on it when I assign governors (family members due to -1 cultural difference).
TW should think over the governor system before they move on with rebellion. I.e. some useful perks, some meaningful governor education for family members... etc
I usually end up dominating the entire map by the time my kids are adults, and thus start a new playthrough, i think ive done start to finish at least 10 times lol

In my play through the Khuzaits are still very strong they seem to be very good at getting loyalty from Empire towns while Vlandia,Battannia and Sturgia loose towns to rebels often. Aserai is intact but the Khuzaits are steam rolling to the east closing in on the 3 Empires. I tried to sabotage the economies of 2 of Empire towns they conquered but the Khuzaits instantly seiged it and took it back disenfranchising the rebels. (Sabotage; meaning buying all of the food in the towns till a rebellion happened.) The next thing should a way for Kingdoms to form alliances.

Some of the rebels evolved into a clan and ruler but it doesn't seem like they are an official kingdom yet. Other rebels roam the map or hang out with nobles in their keeps or become prisoners to their enemies. Many strange occur in this play through.

Warning, executing rebels is not okay you will suffer relation loss but if they die in combat its fine. Rebels are great for looting.

So with the new rebellion feature, taking a settlement doesn't really require declaring war on a Kingdom and then making peace. A question I have, is it me, or when you are an independent clan that owns a settlement, but hasn't created a Kingdom, there's no way for other Kingdoms to declare war on you?

I've just discovered the best way to incite a rebellion isn't to find an off-culture settlement, but just keep a town with four villages in a constant state of "Villages Looted."

I'mma bout to end Battania's whole career.

A question I have, is it me, or when you are an independent clan that owns a settlement, but hasn't created a Kingdom, there's no way for other Kingdoms to declare war on you?

Kingdoms can't declare war on a player's independent clan. Their wars with minor factions are scripted.

Kingdoms can't declare war on a player's independent clan. Their wars with minor factions are scripted.

Alright, thanks!

I've just discovered the best way to incite a rebellion isn't to find an off-culture settlement, but just keep a town with four villages in a constant state of "Villages Looted."

I'mma bout to end Battania's whole career.

Yeah. Also, staying in a town and buying all of their food supplies works as well.

Alright, thanks!

Yeah. Also, staying in a town and buying all of their food supplies works as well.

Finally! The rise of the Calradian Rothchilds. Merchants that start wars just to sell grain to recently conquered towns.

I love this new mechanic, really helps to make managing your towns an actual task, before this I would just always vote to own any settlement my faction captured, but now I am wary about it, if I don’t have companions or spare family members I leave it for another clan.
I would also love for them to be able to create their own independent kingdom, perhaps they should get an automatic ‘alliance’ with their culture? Or if the previous owner was their culture then gain an alliance with anyone who is currently at war with them? I would also love to see them have a distinct clan name once they are legitimized and totally agree with the previous comment where they said about naming the rebels after the leader, so Lycos’s Lageta rebels, and then when they hold on to the city long enough, randomly generate a kingdom name from a list of cultural options, then change lycos’s clan name to Lycos Lagatae or something similar. Think that would really add some variety and would make each play though an entirely new experience!

Definitely think the diplomacy options need to be expanded for this to be spot on!

Every update brings me more joy and makes me proud to have been playing since M&B vanilla x

Keep your subjects happy or expect a rebellion soon!
giphy.gif

just noticed this, I love how developers believe in Soon™ as well
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom