On Rebellions

Users who are viewing this thread

Rebellions have added such a breath of fresh air into the game - I do honestly hope going forwards though that Rebellions will have the opportunity (if there are no good options of Kingdoms to join) to just settle and create their own fully fledged realm. This was suggested as a potential long term goal earlier in the thread; and I hope it is picked up on. New factions rising could massively improve the length of a play through.

They do need work, names for clans is one, I hate seeing 4 or 5 of the same clan, they need to be recruitable as well. As far I've seen though they can't hold a town, rebel, then 1,000 man army takes back, don't get me wrong I love the new concept and anything to add more spice to the game is needed to break up the boring late game is good, but work is needed to find a way for some to hold them and make new kingdoms. But for a first patch I would say well done

They do need work, names for clans is one, I hate seeing 4 or 5 of the same clan, they need to be recruitable as well. As far I've seen though they can't hold a town, rebel, then 1,000 man army takes back, don't get me wrong I love the new concept and anything to add more spice to the game is needed to break up the boring late game is good, but work is needed to find a way for some to hold them and make new kingdoms. But for a first patch I would say well done
I've seen them actually hold a town for long enough to gain independence. It just requires the nation it's rebelling against to be weakened or busy in another war for it to succede.

I think they have stated in the past that the "Rebel clan" still being a thing even after they have lost the rebellion and been imprisoned is more of a bug and will be fixed.

That would be a civil war. That would be a cool feature, but I don't think it should be on their top priorities on things to add before launch. Would be an awesome post launch addition though.
Yeah like starting a civil war preparation stage during which you can convince powerhouses(gang leaders, aristocrats etc.) in towns and villages and clan leaders to join your cause and faction leader trying to stop your uprising by guaranteeing clan leaders loyalty and promising them land or such. When you succeed in preparing for the civil war and faction leader failing to stop you all lords and towns you convinced will defect from the faction and join your cause, creating a rebel faction altogether. When you're captured in battle you will be put in prison thus probably ending the rebellion or you can capture the faction leader and demand loyalty from enemy lords. Would be really cool!

I've seen them actually hold a town for long enough to gain independence. It just requires the nation it's rebelling against to be weakened or busy in another war for it to succede.

I think they have stated in the past that the "Rebel clan" still being a thing even after they have lost the rebellion and been imprisoned is more of a bug and will be fixed.
I ran a 20 year test for mexxico and now 10 years into a game myself and not one succeeded. Could be bad RNG, I know not all rebellions can win but it appears because loyalty gets low and stays low that there are a lot of rebellions and hardly any succeed. If rather see it the other way, less rebellions but more succeed.
For me the only good things about rebellions is they make great cities for my trader to sell goods and make money at

I ran a 20 year test for mexxico and now 10 years into a game myself and not one succeeded. Could be bad RNG, I know not all rebellions can win but it appears because loyalty gets low and stays low that there are a lot of rebellions and hardly any succeed. If rather see it the other way, less rebellions but more succeed.
For me the only good things about rebellions is they make great cities for my trader to sell goods and make money at
I ran 1 20 year test and 1 10 year one.
In my own 20 year test it took 10+ years for the first rebellion to succede. After that an additional 2-3 won their rebellions and join other kingdoms.
In the 10 year one all rebellions failed.

The biggest I have with rebellions is that clans remain at war with their previous masters even when joining another kingdom. Leading to that clan losing their armies and even holdings despite their faction parent faction not being in any wars.

I've seen about 4 succeed in a 7 year game. One stayed independent for awhile too..... then I kicked them out and took their town :smile: The others joined their original faction. It's pretty fun. The Khuzaits have had few on their over extended fiefs, but they're very fast to get their and kick the rebels out. They're really expanding now too even though I gave them a thorough beatdown in the early game till they had too pay high tribute multiple times. It's those t2 tribesmen :razz:

I've seen about 4 succeed in a 7 year game. One stayed independent for awhile too..... then I kicked them out and took their town :smile: The others joined their original faction. It's pretty fun. The Khuzaits have had few on their over extended fiefs, but they're very fast to get their and kick the rebels out. They're really expanding now too even though I gave them a thorough beatdown in the early game till they had too pay high tribute multiple times. It's those t2 tribesmen :razz:
I probably just had bad RNG

I havent played much 1.5.6, but it sounds that rebellions are working as intended. Just needs more refinement and implementation with other systems already present (quest, lord relationships, etc)

Started a new campaign with 1.5.6 and I must say I really like rebellions.

It does a good job slowing down greedy factions and add a nice flavor to the campaign as certain cities at the center of conflict areas will often be in revolt. In my campaign it's Lageta, that has been occupied by Empire, Sturgia and Battania and have seen like four rebellions. Gives a feeling of sacked, indomitable city.

New clans are useful too, to resplenish the lord pool as noble clan members dies on the battlefield. It is fun to watch them climb the ladder and receive multiple castles in their new faction. Adds a lot to the world dynamic in my opinion.

Then, since the feature is really cool, I would like to be an actor in rebellions !
Like with a roguery-based "Incite Revolt" action (decrease town loyalty by ambushing a garrison patrol) for example.

I hope we will see more world events like this (private feuds and civil wars please please ?).
Thanks for the hard work !

incite-revolt.png

It does a good job slowing down greedy factions and add a nice flavor to the campaign as certain cities at the center of conflict areas will often be in revolt. In my campaign it's Lageta, that has been occupied by Empire, Sturgia and Battania and have seen like four rebellions. Gives a feeling of sacked, indomitable city.

New clans are useful too, to resplenish the lord pool as noble clan members dies on the battlefield. It is fun to watch them climb the ladder and receive multiple castles in their new faction. Adds a lot to the world dynamic in my opinion.

Then, since the feature is really cool, I would like to be an actor in rebellions !
Like with a roguery-based "Incite Revolt" action (decrease town loyalty by ambushing a garrison patrol) for example.

I hope we will see more world events like this (private feuds and civil wars please please ?).

incite-revolt.png

+1

I like the Rebellion feature but they need to fix the clans produced by them. Either make them have varying traits so there will actually be a rebelling clan with GOOD traits that I would recruit, have them be executed, or have them absorbed back into other kingdoms when the rebellion fails.

Right now I have about 15 rebellion clans in game, all with negative traits(I don't recruit clans with negative traits) hanging out in varying keeps across the map.

i think i ran into a bug. i was sieging a town and it only listed the garrison at the top bar in the wolrdmap siege screen.

but in the actual fighting scene, the militia was with the garrison. it listed them as two parties (does it normally do this?).

so i think militia in low loyalty towns still join the fight.

haven't tested this because idk how to reproduce it.

incite-revolt.png

Is this really ingame a mockup or a mod?

I was "victim" of one rebellion, I own Epicorea, as Sturgian, my only fief. Then my sister Alda appears there, so I put her, a young girl, as governor, and take a walk in the map without any concerns, as I was in peace time, trading and recruiting troops,
As I saw everything green in the city stats, I never thought again in that city, until I received a message that my Garrison (+100 men) was destroyed and the city was gone. So I come back, I retake the city, and it was given to another Sturgian vassal.
Then, to solve this unfair situation, I use my ultimate weapon. A time machine, called autosave 2 or 3.

Last edited:
"Garrisons are always loyal to the settlement owner."
"The garrison is destroyed. Some of them end up in prisons and others are killed."

Fake !

i just (try to since i crashed) join a fight to recover a lost town, and garrisson was fighting with milicia + new NPC against us. REbellion is useless, why did you do that when a lot (A LOT) of other usefull features are missing and are ruining the game (no dialog option with anyone for example) ?.

"Garrisons are always loyal to the settlement owner."
"The garrison is destroyed. Some of them end up in prisons and others are killed."

Fake !

i just (try to since i crashed) join a fight to recover a lost town, and garrisson was fighting with milicia + new NPC against us. REbellion is useless, why did you do that when a lot (A LOT) of other usefull features are missing and are ruining the game (no dialog option with anyone for example) ?.
It seems like you attacked a settlement in which the rebellion already took place. In this case of course the garrison will be loyal to the rebellion. The rebels would not leave men loyal to the original lord in their garrison.

What happens when a rebellion is successful is that your entire garrison is either killed or imprisoned (in the rebellion) and also some of the rebel militia is also killed. About half of the left militia then goes into their garrison (they become permanent troops instead of "militia" what you fought against was probably these militia-based garrisons.

Of course, this is my hypothesis, there can be indeed a bug then we have to investigate it further but afaik I did not hear such a bug report other than this one.
As always thank you for your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom