-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

PRAETORIANN said:
Hello

how to decrease kings, lords party sizes? i know how to do that with bandits, manhunters ect. also tweakMB cant help me cuz cant edit any mod. it only offers already made mods editing for warband.

i sarched around forums with different ,,keywords'' but wasn't able to find any useful info and i don't have enough time :sad: so pls help

With TweakMB, you can always try to load other mods with the Native (or Diplomacy, if it includes Diplomacy) tweak database. It will grey out any options that won't work...and it makes backup files in case something goes awry anyway.

Other than that, you're looking for Morgh's Editor to do it in another GUI for .txt editing. Edit the file "party templates".

HybridSoldier said:
What is ragdoll for?
It is what happens when an agent (a bot/player/horse) dies. They go limp and the physics engine tosses them around a bit as they fall to the ground. With ragdolls off, the animation of dying plays more stiffly and there isn't the dynamic physic/momentum-like look as they die.

Caba`drin said:
HybridSoldier said:
What is ragdoll for?
It is what happens when an agent (a bot/player/horse) dies. They go limp and the physics engine tosses them around a bit as they fall to the ground. With ragdolls off, the animation of dying plays more stiffly and there isn't the dynamic physic/momentum-like look as they die.

So, I haver turn ragdoll to unlimited and what doeas it mean?

So, if I hit enemy left hand, th animation will tell that his left hand got paralyze?

hi all,

Im new here and to the game. i normally buy games late as most of the bugs should be smoothed out. Im playing all vanilla till I finish warband

i have a question on the ladder into Reindi Castle. Is there a bug there making the attacking force stall running sideways midway or is it my install that is corrupted?

and also: why does troop selection from my troop seem so random. in defending the same castle and when facing 1000 attackers with my 100 and the garrison 240 giving me about 10 of my guys. Those numbers i get and accept. But i have 20 swadian knights on top of my troop list, but i get instead 10 frigging archers defending hordes of ax slashing beasts. How does it select from my pool if not the 10 top ones? (very annoying)

Oh i have more. I don't get the "turn camera with the horse.." Melee only; ranged only or always... What does that control?

I have been trying to google these answers but i ended up here. is a mod the answer. I hope I can play this game as the dev's intended it as that to me is the best way to experience it.

last i just wanted to send a warm thought to the dev's and tech's of this beautiful game. Well done indeed.

Noll

HybridSoldier said:
Caba`drin said:
HybridSoldier said:
What is ragdoll for?

So, I haver turn ragdoll to unlimited and what doeas it mean?
It means that you are saving your GPU some work and that when agents die only X number of ragdolls will be created at a time. Any over X (where X is the number in your settings) will not use ragdolls in their death animations. This can improve performance if you are having issues with smooth play.

HybridSoldier said:
So, if I hit enemy left hand, th animation will tell that his left hand got paralyze?
No. Ragdolls just mean the bodies go limp and look a little more life like in a fall/dying.

nolloping said:
i have a question on the ladder into Reindi Castle. Is there a bug there making the attacking force stall running sideways midway or is it my install that is corrupted?
I think there might be something funny with that castle. I seem to remember someone else mentioning that problem with that specific castle.

nolloping said:
and also: why does troop selection from my troop seem so random. in defending the same castle and when facing 1000 attackers with my 100 and the garrison 240 giving me about 10 of my guys. Those numbers i get and accept. But i have 20 swadian knights on top of my troop list, but i get instead 10 frigging archers defending hordes of ax slashing beasts. How does it select from my pool if not the 10 top ones? (very annoying)
Troop selection/spawning is much more predictable in field battles as compared to sieges. There's some "vodoo" going on in the engine's calculation with sieges and there are actual random calculations that aren't present or as obvious in field battles. Field battles should choose from the top of the list. Sieges tend to go by your party order, but also gives favor to ranged troops in the beginning spawn to help you thin out the siege force. The mod in my sig, Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment (&Positioning) or PBOD allows for you to choose which troops deploy in the first wave of all battles, which takes this randomness away.

nolloping said:
Oh i have more. I don't get the "turn camera with the horse.." Melee only; ranged only or always... What does that control?
Defaults to melee only, right? Means, if you turn right, you'll look right with the horse. But if that is off for ranged, then you can be a more effective horse archer and the horse can turn without your view turning and you can maintain your aim.

nolloping said:
... is a mod the answer. I hope I can play this game as the dev's intended it as that to me is the best way to experience it.
A note on this. For this game (and many others) it isn't particularly beneficial to think of the un-modded game as "how the devs intended it". Much more useful to think "how the game was when the devs ran out of time and had to get the thing out the door so they could make some cash". Unless, of course, you think that the devs intended there to be bugs, unfinished features, etc., which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If mods accomplish features that you want--have at!

The Vulture said:
I have a question.

What kind of recruits make the best type of solders as in,

Vaegirs - Archers
Nords - Infantry
Etc.

Far as I know it is,
Nords - Infantry
Vaegirs - Archers
Sarrinand - Archers and Cav
Swadia - Cav
Rhodok - Crossbows
Khergits - Horse Archers

timeforplanz said:
Great thread, thanks guys =)

Question:  Can I change my heraldry in game for my current character?
Ctrl + tilde or tab key, type cheatmenu and there should be an option to change banner.

Sorry for posting this question again, maybe this time someone will find the solution:
Is there any way to convince the lord who I've already once tried to convince (and failed) to join me? Every time I try to talk with him about that he replies "I'm tired by politics, can we talk about this later"? I once waited about two months, but he still didn't want to hear a word about joining me. Has anyone else had situation like this earlier? He has a city, two castles and 100% good relationship with me.

Caba`drin said:
The lords have their attributes and skills from these 5 sets of options
Code:
knight_attrib_1 = str_15|agi_14|int_8|cha_16|level(22)
knight_attrib_2 = str_16|agi_16|int_10|cha_18|level(26)
knight_attrib_3 = str_18|agi_17|int_12|cha_20|level(30)
knight_attrib_4 = str_19|agi_19|int_13|cha_22|level(35)
knight_attrib_5 = str_20|agi_20|int_15|cha_25|level(41)
knight_skills_1 = knows_riding_3|knows_ironflesh_2|knows_power_strike_3|knows_athletics_1|knows_tactics_2|knows_prisoner_management_1|knows_leadership_3
knight_skills_2 = knows_riding_4|knows_ironflesh_3|knows_power_strike_4|knows_athletics_2|knows_tactics_3|knows_prisoner_management_2|knows_leadership_5
knight_skills_3 = knows_riding_5|knows_ironflesh_4|knows_power_strike_5|knows_athletics_3|knows_tactics_4|knows_prisoner_management_2|knows_leadership_6
knight_skills_4 = knows_riding_6|knows_ironflesh_5|knows_power_strike_6|knows_athletics_4|knows_tactics_5|knows_prisoner_management_3|knows_leadership_7
knight_skills_5 = knows_riding_7|knows_ironflesh_6|knows_power_strike_7|knows_athletics_5|knows_tactics_6|knows_prisoner_management_3|knows_leadership_9
What about training and pathfinding mentioned somewhere else? Or do they only work for companion lords? Also, does tactics work for companion Lords as well?
Also, who are the Lords in different tiers? Is it correlated with renown? I imagine Klargus and Haringoth are, probably, in tier 4 since they field a lot of soldiers and are pretty good on the battle field (not that it helps them anyway :roll:)

Thanks! What about this?
KissMyAxe said:
Also, who are the Lords in different tiers? Is it correlated with renown? I imagine Klargus and Haringoth are, probably, in tier 4 since they field a lot of soldiers and are pretty good on the battle field (not that it helps them anyway :roll:)
Just giving a pointer to the module system file name/line range would suffice.

Also, what exactly does tactics influence for Lords? Battle autoresolution (e.g. when they fight without me)?

KissMyAxe said:
Thanks! What about this?
KissMyAxe said:
Just giving a pointer to the module system file name/line range would suffice.
In module_troops, see the lord definitions beginning with "knight_1_1" (for knight-kingdom #1-knight/lord #1)

KissMyAxe said:
Also, what exactly does tactics influence for Lords? Battle autoresolution (e.g. when they fight without me)?
Figures into battle advantage for fights against you, to determine how many troops each of you get.
But, no it isn't used in game_event_simulate_battle or the auto-resolve fight without the player. Both are a  pretty basic calculation based on relative party sizes and troop levels.

KerianRegis said:
Sorry for posting this question again, maybe this time someone will find the solution:
Is there any way to convince the lord who I've already once tried to convince (and failed) to join me? Every time I try to talk with him about that he replies "I'm tired by politics, can we talk about this later"? I once waited about two months, but he still didn't want to hear a word about joining me. Has anyone else had situation like this earlier? He has a city, two castles and 100% good relationship with me.
The first time you ask and fail, you set the lord's slot_troop_intrigue_impatience to 500 (if you only ask them to talk and they don't want to, it gets set to 100). This value decreases 5 every day and must be <100 to talk to them. So, they need to lose 400 points...divided by 5...is 80 in-game days you need to wait.

The first time you ask and fail, you set the lord's slot_troop_intrigue_impatience to 500 (if you only ask them to talk and they don't want to, it gets set to 100). This value decreases 5 every day and must be <100 to talk to them. So, they need to lose 400 points...divided by 5...is 80 in-game days you need to wait.
Many thanks, one more question (I'm completly unexperienced in modding): is that possible to change intrigue_impatience by using Module_System in this particular save? I'm talking about Jarl Gerlad, I'd like to change his impatience level to <100. And if it is possible, how to do it?

KerianRegis said:
Many thanks, one more question (I'm completly unexperienced in modding): is that possible to change intrigue_impatience by using Module_System in this particular save? I'm talking about Jarl Gerlad, I'd like to change his impatience level to <100. And if it is possible, how to do it?
You can, with module system code, tell the game to change a specific troop's value on intrigue impatience, sure.
But that's not needed in this case. Turn on the cheatmenu and then talk to that lord. One of the CHEAT: Take an action options in the dialogs will be to reset his intrigue impatience.

Back
Top Bottom