-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

bthizle1 said:
bonez899 said:
Workaholic said:
bonez899 said:
lordJehovah said:
yes, but in this way he'll atleast maintain his old fiefs, moreover doing this trick beforehand would be easier to do than after declaring the war, due to which his (former) liege's vassals would inevitably attack hm relentlessly

That made no sense... But what I got from it was that if he rebels he will just be pounded over and over again by assaults?
Sometimes you have been given anything you asked( conquered castles/towns ) so you can do a trick and empty your fiefs to recapture them when you renounce your oath.
Note that Right to rule is the most important thing in both ways of rebellion because it will determine whether other factions will declare war on you or not.

Yes but the guy we are talking about has 3 fiefs and I'm pretty sure isn't that well off with his king.

Sanjar Khan is a friend of mine (something like 30 relation). Plus all the city owners are also friends of mine, so I am almost thinking that finding Dustan Khan and joining his revolution is my best option, although I will loose my fiefs. Because I heard that I can then just tell him the revolution is not going well and he leaves and I then become the rebel faction leader (with an honor hit). BUT I can convince my friends to join the rebellion, whereas if I simply abandon Sanjar Khan I cannot talk with any of my friends and try to convince them to join my side.
In fact, you don't even need to ask your former vassal friends to join your rebellion... You can ask your companions to become your vassals. They will soon show up with their own armies (size depending on their Leadership skill). However, if you choose to make a non-royal/common person a vassal, your relation will drop with other lords (on account of "Making a commoner a vassal blah blah blah"). Example of noble companions: Firentis, Alayen, Rolf, Baheshtur, etc.

dafiden said:
How do you make your wife the minister?
You'll first have to be an independent monarch for that. When you first capture a fief without being the vassal of a preexisting monarch, you'll become an independent monarch. Soon after this, you'll be asked many things (like setting the policy of the realm). If you have a wife, then you'll be asked by her (or one of your companions/chancellor) whom to make the minister. You can select from a variety of options (like your wife, her mother, one of your companions, etc.).

Does exporting a character also export the equipment, troops and appearance? Or just the stats? I never really used the option but maybe I'll do it sometime when redoing a campaign.

Okay, I have over 60 faction reputation for Nords, do I get any faction reward item for having high reputation?  If it has been asked before, please give me a link.  I can't find it when I searched.

Murloc said:
Okay, I have over 60 faction reputation for Nords, do I get any faction reward item for having high reputation?  If it has been asked before, please give me a link.  I can't find it when I searched.

As far as I know, there's no particular reward for high faction reputation what-so-ever

Alright here's a question: I've seen someone in this thread asking a similar question, but I'm re-raising the question again anyways. So is this common?

2012030300002.jpg

I've seen this quite often. While it doesn't affect gameplay, it does bother me a bit.

lcmiracle said:
Alright here's a question: I've seen someone in this thread asking a similar question, but I'm re-raising the question again anyways. So is this common?

2012030300002.jpg

I've seen this quite often. While it doesn't affect gameplay, it does bother me a bit.
Yes. There's an error in the code there. Where it is supposed to store a 'party' name, it stores a 'troop' name instead.
Check back in a few. I'm looking into a .TXT fix.

EDIT - .TXT Fix:
0. Backup scripts.txt
1. Open scripts.txt (easiest without WordWrap on) and fine the line "get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry"
2. On the line that follows search for this string of numbers:
Code:
2322 2 51 1224979098644774916
3. When you find it, change the 2322 to 2330 
There should be 5 times you need to make this change
4. Return to the beginning of the line after "get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry" and now search for this string of numbers:
Code:
2322 2 56 1224979098644774921
5. Where you see that, change 2322 to 2335 
There should be 2 times you need to make this change
6. Save, play.

Change: (str_store_troop_name, s51, ":center_object"),
to (str_store_party_name, s51, ":center_object"),
and change: (str_store_troop_name, s56, ":faction_object"),
to (str_store_faction_name, s56, ":faction_object"),

How exactly does the cheat "CTRL + L" work? After using it very carefully, leveling up one of my companions, SUDDENLY his level bursts up to 2000, and I have to start a new game to create my start again. He costs too much to be used. :s

NS said:
DarkShogun417 said:
The highest level you can reach in Warband is 63. When you level up past that through cheats you jump to like 2000.
I don't see why it's like that, but alright. Thanks for informing me dude! :grin:
Likely because the level information is stored as a 6-digit binary number, so it cannot record a value more than 63 (or, in binary 111111) and when it tries to increase that by 1, it bugs out (64 is a 7-digit binary number).

I did it again, apparently the max level is 62, not 63.

Is there a way to just, go into a text file and revert what I just did? :<

NS said:
I did it again, apparently the max level is 62, not 63.

Is there a way to just, go into a text file and revert what I just did? :<
If you play a mod like Custom Commander (or those that include it) there's the option to export companions just like you can export the player.

Otherwise, savegame editing is quite difficult--there's documentation on the .sav HEX file format on the modding wiki, but I haven't been able to puzzle out what to do with it after opening the file in a HEX editor.

I downloaded a mod with that mod, deleted everything except CC, used it, bugged my game (was using a mod), and then I had to re-install :sad:

Hello

how to decrease kings, lords party sizes? i know how to do that with bandits, manhunters ect. also tweakMB cant help me cuz cant edit any mod. it only offers already made mods editing for warband.

i sarched around forums with different ,,keywords'' but wasn't able to find any useful info and i don't have enough time :sad: so pls help

Back
Top Bottom