Author Topic: A singleplayer manual  (Read 255157 times)

Galdus

• Veteran
  • Galdus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: _Macleod
A singleplayer manual
« on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
There is more advanced chapters five posts down on the first page here. Any questions just post them.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced guide
(click to show/hide)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things to know

1. You cannot be a King of a pre-existing faction.
2. There is no marriage to companions as a male. (I read something about females,but I never made a female and explored it)
3. Weapons deal the most damage at their maximum reach.
4. Using a 2handed weapon or polearm as a 1hand incurs a 35% penalty.
5. In general all regular soldiers will get one share, your hero companions will get three shares each, and as the leader you will get ten shares of the loot.
6. Map speed is affected by riding for mounted units and athletics for infantry. This explains why khergits are not only faster because they're all mounted, but because they also have 6/7 points into riding, confirmed by manual. However it is not affected by horse type, and since the game calculates the party speed by average between slowest and fastest, you'll only see the benefits of improving riding for your companions on a large scale and if they compose most of the party.
7. You can not marry Kings or Claimants. (Can with diplomacy)
8. When giving the 'hold this position order' you can simply hold the F1 key, which will make a small flag appear in the middle of your targeting reticule. Simply point to where you want the people to go, and let go of F1.
I hope this helps out. Vonskyme is one of the author's as well, thank him too on the extra info that was put in the database.

Black- Galdus quotes
Blue- Vonskyme quotes.

Other sources

Wiki manual- http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband/Table_of_Contents
Steam manual- http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/48700/PDX5505US_Warband_Manual_US.pdf
Companion guide- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36781.0.html
Female page- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,115836.0.html
Troop's stats- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,114836.0.html
Charles Du Lac guide- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic%2C112413.0.html
Karmine's info thread- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128730.0.html
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:07:28 AM by Galdus »

Foso

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • WB
Re: Singleplayer experience manual
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »
Sounds pretty good to me, good job. Might just help out some people.

Calaran

• Veteran
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »

- Right to rule is more sparse to get. You gain that mostly from when your in a faction or in your own and a truce treaty initiates. I think you will get +3 but I am not positive. The other way is to talk to your companions and tell them you aspire to be King,and then send them out for a long mission. You can only do that one at a time. I am not exactly sure on how much you get but it's around +3. If there is other ways to obtain it I forgot or don't know.

its +3. you can send more than one at a time. ive managed to get 3 out at one time. but of course sometimes they'll refuse to go when there's another companion out on rtr mission. i am however not sure when they will refuse and when they will accept. i usually try to send them a few days after each other so it could be that, or perhaps some rtr missions conflict and some don't.

luisedgm

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
About the right to rule companion mission: you can actually send another companion 3 days after you sent the first, you dont need to wait he come back, i had 4 companions doing this at the same time when i was farming right to rule

Urlik

• Sergeant Knight
  • it's only impossible until someone does it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
this should be a sticky to save a lot of people asking the same questions over and over again :D
BTW I peed in your cherios. :mrgreen:
You can order them into formation, but they only know two:  the Line, and the Clusterf***.  Unfortunately, they're a lot better at the second one.

Galdus

• Veteran
  • Galdus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 11:15:24 PM »
I will be adding any new information here my top post is only got a paragraph left in it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced guides
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Compiled info from these posts.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:54:56 PM by Galdus »

Iaksones

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sarranid
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
All this has worked for me as well. One thing I would add

If playing a non-realistic saves game (meaning you can exit w/o saving), you can get major relationship points for breaking lords out of dungeons. If you are good enough to take down 5 militiamen at once with a staff, and then one armored prison guard in 3-4 quick hits (because that's all you'll get before you get jumped), this can be done with only moderate difficulty. When you're riding around playing the merchant like the OP suggested, keep an eye out for notifications about lords being captured; if its not too far out of the way, track them down and go to the dungeon where they are being held. If you successfully rescue them, you'll get 5-8 (can't remember exactly what) relationship points, some honor, and 3 faction relationship points. This is even easier when you are at peace with the captor's faction, because you a) don't have to sneak in and b) can use all your gear.

Galdus

• Veteran
  • Galdus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »
All this has worked for me as well. One thing I would add

If playing a non-realistic saves game (meaning you can exit w/o saving), you can get major relationship points for breaking lords out of dungeons. If you are good enough to take down 5 militiamen at once with a staff, and then one armored prison guard in 3-4 quick hits (because that's all you'll get before you get jumped), this can be done with only moderate difficulty. When you're riding around playing the merchant like the OP suggested, keep an eye out for notifications about lords being captured; if its not too far out of the way, track them down and go to the dungeon where they are being held. If you successfully rescue them, you'll get 5-8 (can't remember exactly what) relationship points, some honor, and 3 faction relationship points. This is even easier when you are at peace with the captor's faction, because you a) don't have to sneak in and b) can use all your gear.

Ah yes, I forgot all about the prison breaks that is all great info. Is it ok if I add your statement to my post?

EDIT I added it after a few edits to the punctuations.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:53:14 AM by Galdus »

DrakeD

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:04:09 AM »
Get trainer skill for yourself and all companions. It stacks, so you can raise elite troops waaaaaaaay faster.  :D

Charlie Brooker

• Sergeant
  • Gerblimp?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Khergit
  • MP nick: MP in my M&B? *Spits*
  • WBM&BWF&SNW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 04:29:08 AM »
Instead of starting at Curaw, you should go to Wercheg and load up on salt, then go to Curaw. :P

And I trust everyone knows about practicing fighting at the training field to get that first level up. :3

Galdus

• Veteran
  • Galdus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 04:42:46 AM »
Get trainer skill for yourself and all companions. It stacks, so you can raise elite troops waaaaaaaay faster.  :D

That is correct when you have free points to do so get trainer for all of your companions. In the end you will level up all the way to elite troops with out even fighting. It's great for making garrisons for your fiefs.

Instead of starting at Curaw, you should go to Wercheg and load up on salt, then go to Curaw. :P

And I trust everyone knows about practicing fighting at the training field to get that first level up. :3

I'll look into that.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:58:12 AM by Galdus »

bigtoebubby

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »
hey if you guys have time, maybe you can submit some information to the m&b warband wiki:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband/Table_of_Contents

dunno who usually maintains it, but i just remember how helpful that site was for the original m&b

Galdus

• Veteran
  • Galdus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 05:00:00 AM »
hey if you guys have time, maybe you can submit some information to the m&b warband wiki:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade:_Warband/Table_of_Contents

dunno who usually maintains it, but i just remember how helpful that site was for the original m&b

I will see what I get out of all of your help and mine and maybe me or some one with better grammar skills would be motivated to do it.
Going to continue to edit this since I have more info to give I just need to compile it in my head.

I took a look at the wiki it's not so bad. It doesn't have this extensive content I typed out at least I didn't type all this out for nothing.  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:13:05 PM by Galdus »

Urlik

• Sergeant Knight
  • it's only impossible until someone does it
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 11:51:24 AM »
one piece of advice for the layout of the OP

the headings (- Reputation-, - Renown-, etc) would be better if they were bold and underlined and on the line above the paragraph to make it easier to find the section you want to read ;)

eg:

- Renown-
If you read the last paragraph the best way to earn it is to throw festivals. Throw them over and over again once a week. Even if your not at your castle and your either recruiting or trading. Initiate the invitations and leave if you need too. There are other ways and I am not going to get into the technical of tactics and battle advantage, but if your a bad arse you can solo sea raiders or tundra bandits in packs of 20-30ish. 1v30 I believe you will gain 29 renown for killing them all yourself. You will also gain a descent amount of renown if your outnumbered 2/1 in larger battles, about 10-20.
BTW I peed in your cherios. :mrgreen:
You can order them into formation, but they only know two:  the Line, and the Clusterf***.  Unfortunately, they're a lot better at the second one.

rooperi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: ham
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
- Right to rule- Is more sparse to get. You gain that mostly from when your in a faction or in your own and a truce treaty initiates. I think you will get +3 but I am not positive. The other way is to talk to your companions and tell them you aspire to be King,and then send them out for a long mission. You can only do that one at a time, every three days for a +3 boost. If there is other ways to obtain it I forgot or don't know.

You also gain right to rule everytime you succesfully recruit a lord.
The snowy north is our fatherland;
there our hearth crackles on the stormy beach.
There our sinewy arm grew by the sword,
there our chest burned with faith and honour.

"March of the Hakkapeliitta" / "March of the Finnish Cavalry during the Thirty Years War"