-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not worried about fighting all of Swadia.  For one thing, I'm almost sure a lot of lords will defect to my side, because I have 100 relationship with lots of them.  And I'm pretty good on the field of battle!

What I am worried about is the fact that I can't lay siege to Swadian castles/towns after renouncing my oath!  Do I have to just fight Swadians until my relationship goes low enough that I can lay siege?  I don't want to steal from villagers or raid villages.

Jesus_Targaryen said:
What I am worried about is the fact that I can't lay siege to Swadian castles/towns after renouncing my oath!  Do I have to just fight Swadians until my relationship goes low enough that I can lay siege?  I don't want to steal from villagers or raid villages.
Attack lords, particularly ones with bad personalities. Merchant caravans as well.

Yes, thanks!  Didn't occur to me to find the ones who didn't like me anyway.  And yeah, merchant caravans should be OK, my companions just mentioned not wanting to attack villagers, nothing about caravans.

Thank you!

Awesome.  Actually I just loaded a game and let Khergit take some towns, after renouncing my oath, which I had emptied of garrisons, then took those towns back for myself. 

But yes, I'll keep all that in mind when it's time to start conquering Swadia.

Hey, I'm new to this whole playing around with folders, Which numbers are the Troop ID's?
I am Trying to make a "Temple Knight" Faction, using the Merc's as the Temple Knights, and i'd like to know if this is the Watchman ID,

or Which numbers are the Troop ID

trp_watchman Watchman Watchmen 0 36700160 0 0 1 28 31
  155 0 376 0 377 0 434 0 468 0 555 0 556 0 507 0 508 0 248 0 250 0 317 0 313 0 325 0 171 0 165 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
  7 5 4 4 9
75 75 75 75 75 75 0
274 131072 0 257 0 0
  0 0 1835008 0 55817827083 7905747460180148223 2031614 0

I am trying to get the Unit Line into a Player Faction Recruiting Feed is all. Cheers in Advance

Hi, I'm not entirely sure if I should post my question here, so if I'm making a mistake please redirect me, I'm new here.

I have my own faction and everything is awesome except the "failed to respond to kingdom's provocation" messages. I have tried looking for an answer in a bunch of forums and I read that the solution is to declare war on a kingdom when you get a "Casus Belli" relation with them. Now, my problem is that I fail to respond to provocations even if I'm in a truce, peace or even a casus belli with a kingdom. I don't get any warnings and never got a "border incident" (I don't know if that's a bug or if it's removed from the game).

So my question is: How and when do I respond to a kingdom provocation?

Lukazd said:
So my question is: How and when do I respond to a kingdom provocation?
Kingdom provocations/Border Incidents are random events that occur between 2 kingdoms that generally don't have a reason to be at war with one another. They basically boil down to "Villager from Faction A are causing trouble for Faction B. This has pissed off Faction B, and is a good reason to go to war." To declare war, talk to your minister about sending an emissary to the faction in question, and pick the option to declare war.

This stuff happend for the second time.  My character is exported and imported but besides that I don't see anything specific about my game, it's pretty late (900day) and that's it. I didn't use cheat menus/consoles, modify files and so on. Honsetly I have no idea what do to to avoid it (all enterprises won't work anymore.) alsot when it happend for the 1st time it was another  char,  nor original gameplay with this one).

xpa1sl.jpg

So I recently bought the XB1 version of Warbands after hearing great reviews and I am hooked! I tried and failed a few times at first but now have  game with a good unbeaten record.

I chose to team with the Rhodoks and I have an army of around 90 men (45 Swandian Knights, 30 Nord Huscarls and 15 Rhodok Sharpshooters) Which works really well against most scenarios. I have around 18 Fiefs, 5 major cities (Yalen, Shariz, Veluca, Suno's and Uxhal) 4 castles and 9 villages. I have around 900 renown, 80+ relationship with the king and positive relationships with most of the counts. 

The question I have is how do I now become king? I am currently Marshal and receive nearly all the Fiefs the king hands out and the Counts are constantly changing. I am slowly conquering more and more but reluctant to carry on as I am making it more difficult for me moving forward.

Someone please point me in the right direction!!

I think there is a thread in this forum with some good tips about this, I forget what it's called.

Quickly though, you can remove all the the garrison from your castles and towns, then renounce your oath to your king (talk to him for this option) and then attack a caravan or two of that country until relation is low enough to lay siege to their stuff. Then because you emptied your garrisons, you'll have an easy time of retaking everything.

Otherwise you have to wait until he refuses to grant you something, but that could take a while if you're his favorite vassal.

Aky101 said:
So I recently bought the XB1 version of Warbands after hearing great reviews and I am hooked! I tried and failed a few times at first but now have  game with a good unbeaten record.

I chose to team with the Rhodoks and I have an army of around 90 men (45 Swandian Knights, 30 Nord Huscarls and 15 Rhodok Sharpshooters) Which works really well against most scenarios. I have around 18 Fiefs, 5 major cities (Yalen, Shariz, Veluca, Suno's and Uxhal) 4 castles and 9 villages. I have around 900 renown, 80+ relationship with the king and positive relationships with most of the counts. 

The question I have is how do I now become king? I am currently Marshal and receive nearly all the Fiefs the king hands out and the Counts are constantly changing. I am slowly conquering more and more but reluctant to carry on as I am making it more difficult for me moving forward.

Someone please point me in the right direction!!
From what I understand from the wiki: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Founding_a_new_kingdom you can simply ask to be released from your oath and then refuse to part with your fiefs. Be sure to be able to reload your save game to before you make this decision, because I can't safely say that this will work.

The first requirement of ascending to the throne is that you cannot be tied to another claimant. In other words, you must not be part of a rebellion or a vassal of one of the current factions. If you already are, there are three ways out: ask to be released from your oath, be denied a fief you requested and dispute the judgment by force, or ask your husband to join you in a rebellion (female characters only). If you are currently questing for a claimant, you can convince the claimant to abandon the rebellion, and you will take over the entire territory you conquered for them (you will receive the ability to rename your faction and give fiefs to your companions).

Jesus_Targaryen said:
I was never able to refuse to part with my fiefs. I know other people have talked about that but I always lose my fiefs.

Anyone know what the deal is there?

The only way to leave with your fiefs in Native is when you conquer a place, ask for it and then the king refuses to give it to you. You then get the "I have been wronged"-option, which allows you to form your own kingdom with all your fiefs.

You can sneak into a town/castle, mostly because you have to break out a lord. If you kill guards on the way (and I mean kill, not just knocking unconcious), will it reduce the amount of troops stationed in that town/castle?

I know I can just check it myself by remembering the number of troops before I enter the town/castle, count all the "Guard has been killed by Player" messages, and compare the numbers afterwards, but I always forget to look at it. Can someone answer this for me?

Back
Top Bottom