Not Amused

Users who are viewing this thread

The most sinister Mr. Pavlov said:
And again, you're ****ing up here. 90% of the people knew it was a joke, again, because they have hung around the forum long enough to A) know that Bulle would not complain about getting a **** pic, in fact she would find it awesome, and B) LL would be the first to receive a pic of my cock, should I commit to something like that The other 9% got the joke after reading certain parts of the thread. Honestly, the only person who I think was fooled till the end was Hershey, and he did say that is was pretty ****ed up.

And you comparing the forum environment to a work environment is like comparing oranges to anal sex. Which is why your **** has been flawed from the start. If you want to have a thread about "sexual harassment and intimidation in the workplace" then **** me, go right ahead, but don't compare it to our exposed thread, since you know, we aren't at work, or any sort of place of business, rather an online forum, the "off topic" section.
Well, I already said that, when it comes to some aspects, I'm humor impaired.  And poor taste is poor taste, no matter where you find it.  But isn't it great that we're all different.
I have a little sister so I do get the whole father trying to protect his daughters thing. Do NOT worry, I would never send them pictures of the Pavenis.  :grin:
Good. Fine. A-OK. No harm done.
Dryvus said:
I don't get it, macethump... you're assuming that our job is to spend time on TaleWorlds? Or are you naughtily surfing the boards while you're at work?
For some reason, I have this insane urge to remind people that this place doesn't operate like the real world, just in case they don't realize it.  Silly me.

The most sinister Mr. Pavlov said:
Honestly, the only person who I think was fooled till the end was Hershey, and he did say that is was pretty ****ed up.

I had my doubts. I went against my better judgement and trusted Bulle, simply because it was on msn, and therefore exclusive of the Taleworlds horsing around. Or so I hoped.

I was asking people for pics to verify, but thread closed before I could call bull****.

/salvagedignity

I think where the area of confusion lies Macethump, is that you may not understand the vibe of the off-topic section.  Off-topic is quite different from the rest of the forum, or even most forums.  Most of the posters here are very open-minded on matters of sex and sexuality.  It is for precisely this reason that I like it so much, as I tend to get rather tired of the sexually repressive and prudish attitude I find in American society.  In fact, I find it rather impressive that some of the minors here who have never even had sex share such an attitude.  I find such healthy sexual attitudes refreshing.

I think the reason you're so surprised at how indifferent and blase we all seem to be is because of this.  We're all 'cool' with it, because we're not easily offended by such things, not to mention that most of us knew it was a joke.  Let me point out that you didn't have to know the personalities involved at all to be able to recognize it as false.  The fact that the title of the thread made a punny ("sexposed"), and also that Bulle praised Pavlov's **** size while complaining about it, should have raised flags in your mind; women invariably call a man small when complaining about them.  You could also consider Mage's comment on Pav sharing the pic, something most guys don't do.

I believe that the people here can appreciate the context of the joke, and are able to separate it from reality.  Lest you think that I'm not grounded in reality, let me tell you that I just spent five years working with teen rapists.  I am very well aware of the seriousness of rape, sexual harrassment, and child abuse, but that doesn't prevent me from laughing about such things in the proper context.  One of my favorite jokes is about necrophilia, but that doesn't mean I at all support such a thing, nor that I can't separate it from reality.

If your concern is about a "boy who cried wolf" result, I do not believe that will be the case.  Raz already indicated that he wouldn't have been sympathetic if it had been real.  I personally would have only started to become concerned, assuming I believed it, if Bulle had complained as she had and staff here did nothing.

With that said, here's a training video on how to detect sexual harassment.

http://www.blinkx.com/video/tom-brady-snl-sexual-harassment-psa/h7nIkQjgII_oYNH7gQfUpA

EDIT: fixed link, added sentence.

Sir Devlyn said:
I think where the area of confusion lies Macethump, is that you may not understand the vibe of the off-topic section.
That's for sure!
Let me point out that you didn't have to know the personalities involved at all to be able to recognize it as false.  The fact that the title of the thread made a punny ("sexposed"), and also that Bulle praised Pavlov's **** size while complaining about it, should have raised flags in your mind; women invariably call a man small when complaining about them.
I'm not so sure.  Previous posters said that they were almost taken in, but knew better the personalities involved and sensed a joke.  The size thing rang a little strange to me, but, hey, I was alredy misreading everything else.
I personally would have only started to become concerned, assuming I believed it, if Bulle had complained as she had and staff here did nothing.
Well, that's exactly what happened.  There were no actions taken by the staff that I would have expected if this were not a joke (which I was unaware of at the time).  So I did get concerned, just as you would have.  Still, your analysis is appreciated.

macethump said:
I'm not so sure.  Previous posters said that they were almost taken in, but knew better the personalities involved and sensed a joke.  The size thing rang a little strange to me, but, hey, I was alredy misreading everything else.
While I think I have a feel for their personalities, I don't know them nearly as well as other people here.  I decided the story was false based on clues from the thread, not on their personalities.

Well, that's exactly what happened.  There were no actions taken by the staff that I would have expected if this were not a joke (which I was unaware of at the time).  So I did get concerned, just as you would have.  Still, your analysis is appreciated.
I would've given it at least 24 hours before I became concerned.  Admins and staff aren't on 24/7, and they may need time to discuss with each other or communicate with Bulle for proof, all of which would take time.

macethump said:
Papa Lazarou said:
It appears that the contact some of you have with the real world is tenuous and sporadic.
Still, we're all M&B fans here, and reality is not necessarily our forte.
An irrelevant and ill-evidenced point? I'll use my turn better.
Hardly irrelevant or ill-evidenced...
Look again haha. The irrelevant and ill-evidenced part was your (inductive *hint hint*) generalisation about the forum members.

When venturing into "sexual harassment" territory, aesthetics have no consequence whatever.
I'm talking about the joke. You seem to think it's immoral. Also my point applies to your views on sexual orientation, among others.

Just last week our newspaper had a story of a teenager who just wrecked his academic career and is facing criminal charges for sending photos of "himself" to a minor classmate, after she told him to stop.
What does that have to do with it haha. It was a joke, nothing unethical has been done here.

And your "Iran" comment seems to say that you don't believe a civilized country should have laws against sexual harassment.  Am I misinterpreting?
This comment seems to say that you think the contents of this thread should have people done for sexual harassment.

Edit: But at least you gave real points rather than false ad hominem this time.

Papa Lazarou said:
I'm talking about the joke. You seem to think it's immoral. Also my point applies to your views on sexual orientation, among others.
What did he say about sexual orientation?

Nothing in this thread I don't think. It was a general point. This comment reminded me though.
macethump said:
It appears part of the problem is that I don't know Bulle and Pav well enough to know their "preferrences."  Nor do I wish to.

I think I'll stop posting until I can do it productively though. No gain in being an arse (unfortunately).

You're one to talk. Your horrible attempts at lying almost doomed the endeavor from the start.

Sir Devlyn said:
It is for precisely this reason that I like it so much, as I tend to get rather tired of the sexually repressive and prudish attitude I find in American society.

Not that Off-Topic is a cesspit of deviant European sexual meanderings.

Well, not most of the time.

...Some topics aren't, anyway.

At least, they don't start out that way...

Back
Top Bottom