Not Amused

Users who are viewing this thread

macethump

Sergeant Knight
Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy (OK, no maybe about it), but I did not find the "Pavlov Sexposed" drama amusing.  Neither would employers or school administrators if such a situation would occur for real.  Much of the "real world" takes a dim view of sexual harassment.  If I didn't know better, it would seem that degrading or intimidating females would be acceptable around here.  Good thing it was "all in fun."

Yeah, I realize this place is not the real world and may be a shelter from it for some of us ("Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental").  And having poor taste is not necessarily a criminal activity (though after having been forced to watch some "American Idol," maybe it should be).  Having daughters of my own to whom this may happen someday robs the whole thing of any humor for me.

Congratulations on your diverting production.  I'd prefer a spoiler warning for future endeavors, since I'm apparently too dense to see the humor.  Fortunately the thread was closed by the time I got to it, or I might have posted some embarrassingly conservative stuff (big surprise).

Oh well, I don't need to approve of everyone else's attempts at humor...

Not bitter, just not amused.  Guess I just need to lighten up, but I'm afraid I will never find some things amusing.

Ah, come on, no harm done. If it had been real it would have gone too far, but since it was all for laughs it's ok.. and the whole situation was funny in some twisted kind of way.
Sort of reminded me when Pavlov was Admin and someone impersonated him in a comment, it was hilarious!

guspav said:
Ah, come on, no harm done. If it had been real it would have gone too far, but since it was all for laughs it's ok.. and the whole situation was funny in some twisted kind of way.

No, it wasn't.
Clearly those involved thought it very funny and clever, but not everyone else did.

I didn't think it was funny, but that was just because I was like "Does this warrant a thread? Who saw this coming?" until I caught on to the joke half way through reading, and Bulle wouldn't react this way, if I am an appropriate judge of character.

tommyboy said:
guspav said:

No, it wasn't.
Clearly those involved thought it very funny and clever, but not everyone else did.

That's really too bad.  :cry:

The change of avatar was a nice touch...

But seriously, who wouldn't want to see Pavlov's man meat? of course it was a joke that Bulle was upset.

Bulle said:
Pavlov said:
Bulle said:
If you voted for me, you should realise that there is nothing inappropriate when it comes to me. Well most things aren't inappropriate anyway.

:lol:

Then you would not mind if not much unlike freebird I send you a picture of my cock. Only mines looks like an actual cock, and will be to you, and not another man.
Not really.

Ugh, I don't know how you can life live taking anything seriously. I would have found that exponentially more hilarious if it was real. Though I would feel bad for Pavlov's upcoming ban.

If you found it funny or not - just because you don't agree with a certain humour doesn't mean it should be stopped.

I disagree with people who find Jimmy Carr funny. I don't find him funny at all. That doesn't mean I don't want him to tour or people to go and see him.

I guess maybe the situation is slightly different as you didn't have a clear choice to abstain from this joke - but its the same for most pranks. Its just how the cookie crumbles.

Back
Top Bottom