NO COMMENTS - maybe one or two...well you know me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Boarlady said:
Troubles said:
Two points:
1- Serfs can still carry weapons.
2- Serfs are still faction members, and thus can become enemies and worth killing depending on the attacker's character (who'd usually go for the kill).

This of course, is not only limited to serfs, this applies to all classes from "Peasant" to "Lord".

I know about point one...hence the

Boarlady said:
it would make sense if he is fighting/carrying a weapon, obstructing like say..going to close castle gates, blocking your path or refusing to surrender, attempting to train military class.
I meant that he can go and get one. It makes sense, if the attackers are in the castle with a banner, then the serf will soon realize that the castle will be lost soon. There's a chance; however, to keep the castle if they (including the serf) go to the armory and get weapons (or alternatively, loot them).
So, the serf that you'll see with an ore can be the same one who'd kill your banner man 10 seconds later.
Boarlady said:
About point 2, I don't think this is even a character trait instance. More of a playing to the letter of the law as I said. Rules allow me to so I will. Not even thinking in character if my character would/will.
Hmm, I think I wasn't clear enough. What I meant is that it is up to the player, some players do it, some do not.
I, for example, rarely kill serfs (although I'd make life quite harder for them which of course reflects on their faction's economy). In the example of the attackers in a castle with a banner, I'd group all the weak players somewhere and keep an eye on them. Of course, if he's planning to be hostile, then he'd refuse and then I'd bury my sword in his head.

Troubles said:
Hmm, I think I wasn't clear enough. What I meant is that it is up to the player, some players do it, some do not.
I, for example, rarely kill serfs (although I'd make life quite harder for them which of course reflects on their faction's economy). In the example of the attackers in a castle with a banner, I'd group all the weak players somewhere and keep an eye on them. Of course, if he's planning to be hostile, then he'd refuse and then I'd bury my sword in his head.

Thats perfectly fine. If I get the chance and I'm not in the mood for slaves. I tell them to leave, if they don't then they die. They need not leave the faction but must exit the castle.

I have been in this forum for long long time now...It is always the same and because of that is never helpfull in case like this...

What you do here with your comments is just giving green light for all randomers who like to random within rules.

Non of you pick up the most importand fact of this situation:

5/6 guys "faction" riding and conquering castle after castle until they get all of them.

Got it?

It is well played randoming within rules for server scale. Kill everybody you can see and get rich in the mean time. Are you blind or what?

If any admin read that and not get it what I am talking about should not be admin anymore.

But this is PW forum..so you actually gonna blame me for not acting as serf against mass killing. You told  me to walk  and tap. You still do not understand that I start to take screenshots after going out of this situation (without quiting game) become impossible.

I respawn in town and I was hunted and killed there before I could start to think what to do next
I respawn in both castles and I get killed as soon I get there
I tried to surrender and they accept it just to kill me 1 sec after
I tried to surrender and they killed me while I was typing
I tried absolutely any know to me RP way to get out of this situation
random,random and random again...

Who you think I am? Player who just start to play and he learn things. I play this game for two years now. I know every way to play that. Stop lecturing me what I should or not should done because I have allready done it.

Some of you did not know that game exist when I start to play it.

You keep saying I complain. Tell me about what I complain?

Did I said admins are bad?
Did I said rules are bad?
Did I said server is bad?

I just inform you that players play with your rules as they want and I not intant to be worst off (read naive) anymore. I inform you so you can keep it in mind next time when you start coming up with all this RP ideal worlds created by your rule system.

I advice you to make admins more powerfull and respectfull in your servers. I advice to focus on griefers and true game breakers instead of some tiny rule breakers. Thing big and look for big problems. With small problems players can deal by them selves.

BTW: disable poll system as it is really annoying.
It give some kind of info as players who call for poll usually are players who use rules to their advantage.

As much I like to share opinions I have done with forum arguments. Have fun. - this may change  :shock:

Just don't join factions if you don't want to participate in the fighting. Simple as that. The fault is entirely your own.

If you lost your castle and they kept killing you in town, then they broke the rules of War. Just killing you otherwise isn't against the rules.

You tell us to stopl ecturing you, but your argument is compeltely invalid. You are complaining about something that you had 100% control over yourself, and you CHOSE this willingly yourself.

So what if they are 5-6 players. Why does their number matter? They joined factions and used them for their original intention: Fighting.
For some reason, you are complaining for being legitimately killed in a faction war that you joined willingly. I don't get wtf you're trying to accomplish.

NOVICIUS said:
I have been in this forum for long long time now...It is always the same and because of that is never helpfull in case like this...

What you do here with your comments is just giving green light for all randomers who like to random within rules.

Non of you pick up the most importand fact of this situation:

5/6 guys "faction" riding and conquering castle after castle until they get all of them.

Got it?
I was well aware of the situation (dickhead knights killing serfs).
Remember me charging in your castle with a great Sword jumping on them trying to get you a little time to lock up your castle and organize?

No of course you don't you was busy getting killed and spamming (global as there was no admin on anymore).
I personally have no idea why some admins tolerate/encourage behaviour as brt's all the time, but it is the way it is and I'm pissed at you for not even trying to better up the situation.

You sat there making screenshots maybe already formulating on this post while I actually tried to get them out of  your castle and blame me, the person actually fighting them, for
giving green light for all randomers who like to random within rules

So for the last time:

If I log in on a public server:
I will keep my eyes open and watch out left right and above all the time
I will only join factions when ready for war or if they seem mighty enough to protect me or too harmless to be wared on
If I enjoy the thrill of being a target within the rules that has no serious defenses, my rp has to be very advanced to make people stop attacking me before they have onehitted me, and include dodging.

when I play with the mob I have to adjust my playstyle, simple as that. Mob is serf killing right now, so easy solution- don't be serf in factions, and get mercs to protect you from bandits at the mine. (if you want a safe serf life, come on hcrp, we need tons of workers. I have the slight suspicion though that you simply was interrupted while money farming for gear anyway and that not so much actual roleplay was interrupted by their war)

Anyway, if someone is interested in me moaning about stupid serfs, we should keep it ic as well. I'm out.

Knüppel said:
If I log in on a public server:
I will keep my eyes open and watch out left right and above all the time
Exactly.
If PW teaches you something, it is to always keep your finger on the ~ button, and your weapon (aside from knives and the hatchet) ready at all times.

Knüppel said:
Hey you can parry with hatchet.
But you can't attack with it (technically you can, but the attack won't penetrate except the worst armor, and that is not always guaranteed too).

If I enjoy the thrill of being a target within the rules that has no serious defenses, my rp has to be very advanced to make people stop attacking me before they have onehitted me, and include dodging.
Troubles said:
Knüppel said:
Hey you can parry with hatchet.
But you can't attack with it (technically you can, but the attack won't penetrate except the worst armor, and that is not always guaranteed too).

Which is sometimes all you need :smile:

Hmmm I wonder why people in medeval times built huge ass castles with stronger and stronger walls? Was it because people were friendly or was it because EVERYONE wanted each others castle.

gaham1 said:
Hmmm I wonder why people in medeval times built huge ass castles with stronger and stronger walls?
Or why people carry weapons.
Besides as I always hear talk of cruel brutal medieval times, has any of you been to Caracas or Mogadischu yet (not to mention warzones) ?

This is a newbie throwing in his 2 cents, but I think that there isn't enough incentive to protect/befriend serfs.  This is probably because factions don't really want to bother, and that when they're harassed serfs won't group up and fight back.  Maybe if it was harder to acquire money and along with that weapons, armor, horses, and classes then have a group of serfs that are protected would become more important.

Rifpin said:
Maybe if it was harder to acquire money and along with that weapons, armor, horses, and classes then have a group of serfs that are protected would become more important.

According to the community, a serious economy is not desired from the map makers, but instead easy access for warfare equipment for those who want it.
"It limits my roleplay" if this is not free to access I am told from "roleplayers" desiring this, "it is boring if I cant fight" say the "castle war soldiers".

So most people seem to like this bull****, for whatever reason.

And just before there evolves a pointless debate now, neither rules nor admin enforcement of them can change something about this, only map design can. And I'm not talking of lowlands niveau here but of something way stricter and harder to manage. Which will be so much moaning about that it's not going to happen.

Safe room for all castle next update after this W.E
Teleport to main town OR return to courtyard.
Return to commoner pole. So you can leave your faction at anytime.

Can't do much more.

That doesn't make any sense. Randoming isn't allowed. But, when you're at war with someone, you're always going to have a reason to kill him.

Yeah, so? I'm not going to stand idly by when some knight waits at a castle spawn and slaughters everyone who spawns, even when their weapons are sheathed and they don't move. Those are people I call "killwhores".

Come on Czar.explain this people what I am talking about..I have no patience..

"Nov complaining" - really?..I make my enemies complain..just give me some time. I had to much brake from PW. I have to get use to again...

Please keep it as it is... I love it and I start to enjoy that... :twisted:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
That doesn't make any sense. Randoming isn't allowed. But, when you're at war with someone, you're always going to have a reason to kill him.
Yeah, so? I'm not going to stand idly by when some knight waits at a castle spawn and slaughters everyone who spawns, even when their weapons are sheathed and they don't move. Those are people I call "killwhores".
Again, if they're being slaughtered every time they spawn, it's because they want to. If a serf does not want to be slaughtered, they can leave their faction. Any spawning player can easily run to the commoner pole before even being open to attacks, the mod itself has an "anti spawnkilling" system, when they spawn they are completely protected.

Back
Top Bottom