New Taleworlds Blogpost on Steam - Early Access Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Most interesting news to me:
  • Looks like leveling will change to global XP instead of skill points
  • Smithing changes
  • Mod tools are on the way!

"One important update was Kingdom Creation, which allows players to forge their own path in Calradia in true sandbox fashion by giving them the ability to create their own kingdom outside of the main storyline."

Such pomposity over something so simple as "we added a 'Create Kingdom' button." That won't really amount to much because there's nothing much in the game code to do with that "kingdom," anyway, and certainly nothing to warrant this "forge their own path" BS.

And apparently no plans for any meaningful expansion of currently existing mechanics.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, Irontoe.

Edit: Also, kind of seriously concerned about future development - releasing modding tools kind of suggests pretty strongly they consider Bannerlord more or less "feature complete." Despite community push for them, I don't see TW maintaining active development of both the game (especially in the state it is at after all this time) and mod tools at the same time in case of any expansion of current mechanics. And that's a horrible state to leave the game in, "polish and bug fixes" notwithstanding.

Last edited:
This is really what I wanted to hear from them, concise info in an official statement. I think the XP thing will be awesome, smithing rework sounds promising and so does updates to kingdom decisions.

Obviously mod tools steals the show.

Thanks TW for the update.

Obviously mod tools steals the show.
Remember that Bannerlord was supposed to come out a few years ago, and a year after that, and after that... and after that.
Even tho i really REALLY appreciate finally an Update from them. Hearing things like "soon" or "near future" means anywhere inbetween 1day and 6 generations

Most interesting news to me:
  • Looks like leveling will change to global XP instead of skill points
  • Smithing changes
  • Mod tools are on the way!
+ it seems we'll be able to have more control over our companions soon, which is nice.

" We also plan to make improvements to the Crafting system which will change how you progress and gain experience so that it is less grindy and will reward creativity to a greater degree." - this also sound nice, but I hope they won't make it so that you can craft top tier items right away.

Kudos for the the update! This is what we want to see. And I give credit where credit is due. Maybe it takes another 4-5 years, just keep going in the right direction.

"Modding tools with limited documentation" it says.

I wonder which parts of the game will be modable. Map reshape and item implementation is enough for most of the mods.

Wish they were a bit more ambitious... It's a 90+ employee studio who's just had a huge financial succes from the sequal to their previous succesful title. Yet adding a Kingdom creation button, and fixing XP is supposed to be a huge deal ?

I wanna see stuff like Co-op campaign, Much deeper diplomacy and interactions, Interactive scenes with stuff to do in them, Different playstyles (gang mechanics they showed 3 years ago??)

So much time, so much to do in the game, and that is literally all they have to say. Although i appreciate communication, as well as the optimized levelling, it doesn't seem as if there is a lot to come besides some minor fixes. And honestly: Adding a kingdom creation button is nothing to be really proud of, especially when you look at what leading a kingdom in bannerlord means: Nothing.

Back
Top Bottom