New Multiplayer Game Type- General

Users who are viewing this thread

WorkEthic

Recruit
So I have a some hours underneath by belt for multiplayer, playing until midnight to one o'clock in the morning with my friends in Skirmish and Captain; but unlike other multiplayer games, we're getting bored of the same typical game modes and maps. Siege always seems to have bugs or crashes so we've left that one alone and team death-match is toxic as you get ganged up on all the time. Captain is the only one we enjoy as you get to actually strategize with unit selection and placement. I'm suggesting a similar new multiplayer game type that I think many would find interesting.

I would call it, General (aka 1v1 Ranked Captain)
The setup can still be the same but the player selects six squads of units to control instead of the normal one. There shouldn't be any performance issues as there are the same amount of units on the field at once; perhaps even increase the unit size more as there are only two players connecting to the server instead of twelve.

-Faction Selection
Just like normal Captain, the faction selection can be totally random so that it forces the player not to noob spam only one faction all the time.

-Game Play
The player would select their personal character, kind of like the character selection in single player custom battle, but this time make the characters actually: good, armor, weapons, stats, etc.. The player would start off on horseback natively to give them freedom of mobility whilst commanding. If the player died then I think it would be good to revert to the AI taking over just like in single player campaign battles, instead of reviving as one of your soldiers. To avoid the nuisance of your character dying at the start, the user (General) would start with a little bit of an armor and health buff to eliminate from being an easy kill. At the end of the day, the game mode is built around the idea of stratagem of unit placement, not user combat so the player shouldn't be fighting in the front lines unless necessary. Or perhaps should the user die, revive as a sergeant in the lower ranks that only gives him command of a few units, and continuing that pattern after being killed again.

-Winning
Unlike Captain with flag points, the goal of the game is to absolutely crush your opponents by force or routing them. That is right, the unit morale will have to be taken into account before selection. This way the player can't spam 150 crappy warriors and win by mass against 90 elite units. In addition, it should be a three round game where be the best of three wins, using the same factions.

-Game Maps
The same maps as Captain would be sufficient at first but I think more open maps would be needed as one person cannot task the movement of multiple squads through city streets; this would be more of a open land, forest, marsh type of game mode; or a long but narrow single city market.

-Ranking System
If any of y'all have ever played AOE, then the same ranking system would be good for this as well; but I'm aware of the fact that if this game mode were to actually take life then a ranking system would require constant influx of users wanting to play. If there's only 4-6 users wanting to play at a given time then it would be hard to find matchmaking.

HairyFirmChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Amateurs... :lol: (Imagining Commander Battle 2.0) A solid bridge between SP and MP

---

Now seriously :lol:; I like to see different ideas converge towards common ideas. This is perfect for Taleworlds as they can see the fan's curiosity, what they find fun, a more complex or simplified mechanics approach, etc...

----
WorkEthic welcome to the forum mate.

Back
Top Bottom