Nearly a year in, Does TW acknowledge the anniversary with an update for when EA will be done?

Does TW acknowledge the anniversary with an update for when EA will be done?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wanted to get a pulse on how people think TW will deal with one year in EA. I wouldn't mind a post or dev blog acknowledging the updates and additions to the game to show how far Bannerlord has changed in one year. This would also be a good time to give an update to their roadmap with a rough timeline they feel could be reasonable such as 6-12 months or something.

Although Bannerlord may be a commercial success, it certainly feels like a failure. I'm guessing a lot of people don't even care anymore, because all hope in TW's ability to develop the game into something MORE THAN a wanna be action game simulator with a "sprinkling of RPG/Strategic elements" is lost. We've seen a year of EA go by with barely any meaningful content or mechanics added to game. The game lacks complexity, it lacks immersion, it lacks creativity and vision. And based on the overwhelming negativity on the forums, its appears to truly lack everything the community wanted it to be, in both MP and SP.

I'd like to see a devblog or something, but I think tacking another timeline on it would be a bad idea that I think they'll probably have learned from

You forgot the option that says "I'm so bored with these 'let's complain about TW' posts"

They've got a serious graphic bug with 1.5.8 that they haven't yet been able to fix after more than a month and several patches of trying, so I think any discussion of actual launch is premature until the game is stable.

I enjoy the game as it is - getting to see it progress. So I'm not in any great hurry.

But I'm also not a Warband player. Those guys seem to have entitlement issues. Angry bunch.

not to me, I still play it over warband even with mods...

Well, not that it means anything, but I'd be willing to bet you are in the minority. Its appears that a vast majority of forum goers, which is mostly made up of long time players of Warband, feel as though Bannerlord is a huge missed opportunity. Poll after poll indicates a significant dissatisfaction with how the game is being developed - less complex, less immersive, less interesting - than many Warband Mods.

Poll after poll indicates a significant dissatisfaction with how the game is being developed - less complex, less immersive, less interesting - than many Warband Mods.
It seems to be symptomatic of these forums specifically. The majority of Bannerlord players aren't on these forums, they're on Reddit and Youtube and other places - where there is a lot more optimism about the game and the future than this forum shows.

Sometimes I come here and scan the threads and just facepalm over and over.

You forgot the option that says "I'm so bored with these 'let's complain about TW' posts"

They've got a serious graphic bug with 1.5.8 that they haven't yet been able to fix after more than a month and several patches of trying, so I think any discussion of actual launch is premature until the game is stable.

I enjoy the game as it is - getting to see it progress. So I'm not in any great hurry.

But I'm also not a Warband player. Those guys seem to have entitlement issues. Angry bunch.

I don't think its entitlement. Its more frustration and disappointment.

It seems to be symptomatic of these forums specifically. The majority of Bannerlord players aren't on these forums, they're on Reddit and Youtube and other places - where there is a lot more optimism about the game and the future than this forum shows.

Sometimes I come here and scan the threads and just facepalm over and over.

Well that's your guess right? We can't really know that. That's why I said forum goers. The forum could be lurked by a silent majority of players. We don't know.

And i'm not going to go looking for the post or anything, but i'm pretty sure TW have said that they wanted to reduce the complexity of the game, and that's why certain things were left out. Maybe this is why armor feels meaningless, why there is nothing to do but endless war. Who knows why they can't fix smithing after a year, that's a big head scratcher. But I digress. The game is not fine, its actually pretty bad, but that's just my opinion.

Although Bannerlord may be a commercial success, it certainly feels like a failure. I'm guessing a lot of people don't even care anymore, because all hope in TW's ability to develop the game into something MORE THAN a wanna be action game simulator with a "sprinkling of RPG/Strategic elements" is lost. We've seen a year of EA go by with barely any meaningful content or mechanics added to game. The game lacks complexity, it lacks immersion, it lacks creativity and vision. And based on the overwhelming negativity on the forums, its appears to truly lack everything the community wanted it to be, in both MP and SP.
There is another option - it's simply not finished yet.

That in itself may be disappointing but it doesn't prevent the enjoyment we will get in the future.
And i'm not going to go looking for the post or anything, but i'm pretty sure TW have said that they wanted to reduce the complexity of the game, and that's why certain things were left out. Maybe this is why armor feels meaningless, why there is nothing to do but endless war. Who knows why they can't fix smithing after a year, that's a big head scratcher. But I digress. The game is not fine, its actually pretty bad, but that's just my opinion.

However they also just pledged to make a full battle terrain system - taking account of both the landscape, region and directions the parties are facing.

It's not as simple as black/white. Simple / complex. Many aspects of the game are considerably more complex then Warband. You are entitled to your opinion to dislike the game; but I think it long ago became clear this was going to be a slow burn. I highly recommend leaving it and coming back in a year.

I agree that the game needs more attention, but until they fully release it who can say how it will end up....

Well that's your guess right? We can't really know that. That's why I said forum goers. The forum could be lurked by a silent majority of players. We don't know.
This thread has 80 odd views. The most viewed thread currently up in the Citadel has 39K views, since April 2020. Those numbers include silent viewers. Some of the Youtube playthroughs get 100K per upload, per week.

It's ok to be in the small grumpy community though. I come here because of the support forum. I stick around to watch angry people hit their computer screens while talking about their pet Bannerlord hates. It's hilarious.

Although Bannerlord may be a commercial success, it certainly feels like a failure.

I get what your saying but honestly it is mostly a better game than Warband is and you have to consider that even commercially successful AAA Titles, generally only have about 40-80 hours of gameplay in them. Bannerlord, even in its current state is fun the first go around and remains fun for that 40-80 hours just like most other games.

The reason it "feels" like a failure is it isn't even close to what they devs said it would be. I would guess we only got about 35% of the game play and features we were told to expect and despite the game being in development many of the game play and features we were told to expect have literally been cut out from the game completely and much of what wasn't cut has been be pretty significantly scaled back in scope. Honestly pretty much everything new and exciting they told us about has been cut out or scaled down and what we are left with feels much like plain old vanilla Warband with a graphical facelift.

This thread has 80 odd views. The most viewed thread currently up in the Citadel has 39K views, since April 2020. Those numbers include silent viewers. Some of the Youtube playthroughs get 100K per upload, per week.
Those numbers are misleading, even if you cherrypick just the pinned threads in The Citadel, there is a 69K thread there alone, while in whole of The Citadel there is even a one 8M views thread, so this statement is factually false or an overlook.
It's ok to be in the small grumpy community though. I come here because of the support forum. I stick around to watch angry people hit their computer screens while talking about their pet Bannerlord hates. It's hilarious.
I wouldn`t generalize these forums that way at all, as it has abundance of great threads and whole boards that have influenced the development for the better for everyone else, which can`t be said about Reddit or YouTube.

Who knows, maybe some people stick arround to watch the supposed "angry whiteknights" shamelessly defend every and any design decision and to laugh at it the same way...

There are a ton of possibilities to why people stick arround here, the main being the oportunity to communicate with the developers, which you most likely won`t experience on any other platform including Reddit and YouTube, but one thing i can tell with certainty - everyone involved enough to post here on forums loves the franchise and wants to make it better, even if frustration slips away from time to time.

In any case, being an active part in the division, and back and forths between the "angry haters" and "shameless whiteknights" isn`t at all helpfull in my view.

They have three guys working on the game, so don't expect big things.
a 2-person team made the original M&B all by themselves so i would expect more from Bannerlord than the orignal had, as far as we know they have close to 100 employees right now and while not all are devs of course i'm sure there must be more than 3 working on the game.

The devs seem talented and passionated enough, Mexxico for example is awesome and he speaks very well of many colleagues of him, i think the problems in the game are mostly due to the management side of things, hope they get things together and deliver on the game, they have a rough gem here just need to polish it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom