Natural Selection 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Revilo said:
Just been checking out the forums, seems to be quite a heated discussion between whether recoil and/or iron sights would ruin the game and detract from the 'Natural Selection' feel, or whether it'll make it more realistic. Have to say that my view is that for a game that's that fast paced iron sights would be a bad idea

Depends on how you do them. There are plenty of games that have adapted iron sights to work very successfully with fast-paced action. I don't really see any reason not to include them.

Swadius said:
Looks like Tremulous with higher graphical demands.

Tremulous is an inferior clone of NS.

(Okay, it's not, but NS came years earlier, so if you're going to point the finger... NS also has the interesting commander feature, which Tremulous lacks AFAIK)

okiN said:
CrazyEyes said:
I never understood why the skulk has a camera in its mouth.

For the same reason as AvP2 has the camera in the alien's mouth -- so you can see your jaws clamp down on the soft flesh of your enemies.

Seriously, where else would you put it? You want to have the snout jutting out there, taking up the bottom of the screen?
Hey, RotT did it right!

rottdogmode5rw.jpg

Suspect-Device said:
As long as I don't get raped by some alien thing that is bouncing about the room too fast to reliably track with a gun then I will probably get this game.

It's not that bad, it's a lot like trying to shoot a dog that jumps.
Again, play NS1 for Half Life.

CrazyEyes said:
Again, play NS1 for Half Life.

I have, thats what I was talking about.

It's fun when you manage to get your hands on some heavy weapons though.

okiN said:
CrazyEyes said:
I never understood why the skulk has a camera in its mouth.

For the same reason as AvP2 has the camera in the alien's mouth -- so you can see your jaws clamp down on the soft flesh of your enemies.

Seriously, where else would you put it? You want to have the snout jutting out there, taking up the bottom of the screen?

It is quite simply my friends: The Rule of Cool.

What I meant was that it's another non-mainstream game with a ****-ton of potential for good times, and one that I want to show my support for. I didn't mean it gameplay wise if that's what your wondering.

I remember playing NS1 the weekend it came out, so very long ago.  A lot of good times.

I guess I'll have to preorder this soon.

CR

3 1/2 years of funwars with my clan. No other game beside the old UO could catch me for such a long time. I still miss the old epic games of the pre 2.0 era. The best was around 4h of constant, hot battles and lots of hive swaps. We just couldnt beat the damn aliens much earlier! =) Then came 2.0 and a game was over in less than 30mins.
Anyway, already pre-ordered - something I would never do with any other company.
Since NS im addicted to Shooter+RTS mixed games.. unfortunatly only HL2: Empires can keep me up so I will survive the time till NS2.

Maybe I should get back to NS for the heck of it. Been a couple of years or so since I played. Good times. Right now I'm just waiting for the NS2 alpha which should be rather soon.

Its really hard to find a server where you get decent gameplay. Most of the decent servers are already gone and the others are filled by either bots or stupid kids. Its a shame! =)

Reiterating:
okiN said:
Swadius said:
Looks like Tremulous with higher graphical demands.

Tremulous is an inferior clone of NS.

(Okay, it's not, but NS came years earlier, so if you're going to point the finger... NS also has the interesting commander feature, which Tremulous lacks AFAIK)

But last I checked, this thread wasn't about Tremulous.

Skyrage said:
Maybe I should get back to NS for the heck of it. Been a couple of years or so since I played. Good times. Right now I'm just waiting for the NS2 alpha which should be rather soon.

Yeah? They give some kind of time frame for it on the forums?

Well, they did plan to have an alpha out already but it was delayed, so it can't be too far away. I remember reading somewhere that it would be out early next year. Whether that is soon or not, is an individual decision.  :lol:

Pre-alpha is out!

If you've pre-ordered NS2, you can now download the NS2 pre-alpha! This is not a playable version of the game but is our custom level editor and a fair amount of NS2 environment art. This is an early release of our technology that we wanted to get in your hands so mappers can start playing around with it.

I guess the actual alpha can't be that far away now. Anyone plan to start mapping?

Necro again!

Alpha is officially out, I'm currently installing it on Steam. Available to all who pre-ordered, you need both the engine and tools installed before you can actually install the Alpha. Just go to the website and find the section to retrieve your keys, then use 'Add a product to Steam'.

Back
Top Bottom