SP Native Native Mod Compilation - NMC 1.153 beta2 released

Users who are viewing this thread

In my oppinion, if you decide to dismiss the shield, you usually must have a good armour to compensate the defensive loss. However, the troop's equipment can be changed by the player to a certain degree. Just talk to your custom troop and select their equipment.

It's up to players :smile:.

BTW, your recruit custom troop, why we don't delete their hometown like Jeremus :smile:.

And I tried add my own custom troop as 8th culture, when I chose, village and town still pawn last culture troops (I capture a Nord town, select Player's Faction with your custom troop and then select my own faction but they still spawn your custom troop), not my culture troops, while my patrols that I send use my custom troops, and each lords, have only 2 my-custom troops with the rest of original troops!? . What I missed  :idea:?

BTW 2, with your own culture, why we don't change the second recruit line in village, why we don't change it to recruit Sword Sister line, that will be nice  :razz:.

OK, I just finished my first play session with this mod. So far so good, I really love the idea of merging all those mods. But there's a couple things I'd like to bring up (apart from the problem with AI formations not moving, already mentioned above).

- The fade to black screen when you die flashes three times until the popup window appears. It seems the fade doesn't last long enough and enters on a loop. In any case, is there any way to deactivate this option? I prefer to check my dead guy and see that javelin on his head. Maybe I'm weird.

- Is it possible to have formations for infantry only, a la the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod? TBH that's more than enough for me, and it would avoid all the problems related with formations and AI (that's in fact the reason why EatRC only used it for infantry IIRC). Native line formation is more than enough for archers and cavalry IMO.

I thought I'd put my 2c over the table in case you're open to suggestions. In general what I find more unappealing is the lack of (more) options to activate/deactivate features. The main guilty here for me is Custom Commander, where half its features are awesome and the other half, well, not. But maybe all that tweaking and added options is beyond the scope of this mod, which seems to be a merger, and belongs to the original mod creators.

Is this compatible with my save from previous version of mod or do i have to start a new game?
edit: well,it looks like it isnt.I get a RGL error saying something about wrong item kinds: 609 or something like that.
Can this be fixed somehow,as i dont want to start a new game again.

Geroro said:
Just put both folders that you get in this download to your Module folder and then opet the module_info.py:
#export_dir = "E:/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Diplomacy/"
export_dir = "D:/Igrice/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/OSPW - Native/" - this is the only line you need to change, this is example where my module is placed,you need to rename it to where your game is.
#export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/"

bismark: could you please release the update or tell me what to do to remove the HP thing? i really want to continue playing.

If your just using the mod why do you have to do all that? Can't you just put the OSW native folder in the mod directory and then just play?

i dont know,that was in installation description.
I started new game now and when i take Great Long Axe on my horse something is wrong with the weapon or animation.So Great Long Axe can be both Polearm and 2-Handed but on horse if Polearm its only Thrust,no Swing,so i change it to 2-handed,but instead of acting properly,the weapon stays on your back if i switch to 2-handed and i can only do a veeeery slow thrust attack.But there is no weapon in my arm.

The flags on troop's back are still no any texture :neutral:.
mb_warband2010-08-0312-08-01-12.jpg

Geroro said:
i dont know,that was in installation description.
I started new game now and when i take Great Long Axe on my horse something is wrong with the weapon or animation.So Great Long Axe can be both Polearm and 2-Handed but on horse if Polearm its only Thrust,no Swing,so i change it to 2-handed,but instead of acting properly,the weapon stays on your back if i switch to 2-handed and i can only do a veeeery slow thrust attack.But there is no weapon in my arm.
The easy way is use Morph's txt editor to add On horse wing slash left /  right for it. The slash/thurst animation is up to that not one hand, two hand or polearm.

if i switch to 2-handed and i can only do a veeeery slow thrust attack.But there is no weapon in my arm.
This will happen if you have a weapon with flag 2-handed but with horse lance thurst action :grin:.

SS29.png

One of the main gameplay issues which endeared me to M&B native over Warband is that when a horseman is knocked from his horse, he immediately joined ranks with the infantry.  Warband doesn't seem to do that, so the poor horseless knight jogs along behind his mates, easily getting mobbed by enemy infantry.
Does anyone know how to remedy this - what the coding is, and how to add it to this mod?

but it was all fine with that weapon until now, i had no animation problem at all.
but ill try that in editor,thanks.
also i see in that editor modifier EXQUISITE.I dont remember seeing that ingame.
edit:i checked,everything looks normal in editor.

BTW, your recruit custom troop, why we don't delete their hometown like Jeremus :smile:.
It would be possible to delete all the companion's home country, but I don't know if this would cause trouble. On the other hand, you can always give your lords some soldiers via dialogue.

And I tried add my own custom troop as 8th culture, when I chose, village and town still pawn last culture troops (I capture a Nord town, select Player's Faction with your custom troop and then select my own faction but they still spawn your custom troop), not my culture troops, while my patrols that I send use my custom troops, and each lords, have only 2 my-custom troops with the rest of original troops!? . What I missed  :idea:?
You need to change more to add an 8th culture. I've marked my code with "#Player Faction", so you should look at these. You'll find many relevant parts of code in module_scripts.py, but also in party_templates, troops.py and probably some other files.
Your post gave me an idea. I now might be able to add an alternative troop tree for the player faction...

BTW 2, with your own culture, why we don't change the second recruit line in village, why we don't change it to recruit Sword Sister line, that will be nice  :razz:.
The standard hiring process in fiefs now works with the custom troop tree, so I could delete the alternative menu option. If you want Sword Sisters, you should look in the taverns. CC adds them as normal mercenaries (with mercenary wages).

- The fade to black screen when you die flashes three times until the popup window appears. It seems the fade doesn't last long enough and enters on a loop. In any case, is there any way to deactivate this option? I prefer to check my dead guy and see that javelin on his head. Maybe I'm weird.
I don't think one of the mods tempered with that, but I'm going to have a look at it.

- Is it possible to have formations for infantry only, a la the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod? TBH that's more than enough for me, and it would avoid all the problems related with formations and AI (that's in fact the reason why EatRC only used it for infantry IIRC). Native line formation is more than enough for archers and cavalry IMO.
I could start by deactivating the wedge (which is rather useless in my oppinion) and the possibility for the AI to use formations. This way, enemy armies won't stand there like a statue waiting to be massacred. I might toy around with that later.

I thought I'd put my 2c over the table in case you're open to suggestions. In general what I find more unappealing is the lack of (more) options to activate/deactivate features. The main guilty here for me is Custom Commander, where half its features are awesome and the other half, well, not. But maybe all that tweaking and added options is beyond the scope of this mod, which seems to be a merger, and belongs to the original mod creators.
Which options does the majority like and which not? It would be useful to know that. Could save me some work...

Please test the mod and tell me if everything works as expected, especially the custom troops and player faction lords.
I have added entrenched camps yesterday and 3 new heroes for custom battle mode. The first one is Sigfrid of Xanten (the legendary Nibelungen hero), the second one a crossbowman with the deployable pavise and the third one a heavy infantrist with a big warhammer. Now I'm going to toy around with an alternative, more defense oriented custom troop tree inspired by the republic of Marina from "Sword of Damocles" and the Italian city states.

Ok, i was playing a little bit more with that problem i have with weapons.Something is wrong with polearm/2-handed weapons.Instead of changing polearm to 2-handed it changes to polearm-polearm.look on my screenshots.And in battle when i press X to change Great Long Axe from polearm to 2-handed the icon changes to Long Axe(not Great Long Axe).Something is wrong here.So test this and see if you have the same issues.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5936/mb3b.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3121/mb4.jpg

I like all mod features,except the formations,but just because its bugged.

I could start by deactivating the wedge (which is rather useless in my oppinion) and the possibility for the AI to use formations. This way, enemy armies won't stand there like a statue waiting to be massacred. I might toy around with that later.

Good. Although I've encountered the problem about static AI only with infantry so far, mainly sea raiders (I started a new character after the crash). But, in any case, maybe formations should be limited to professional armies only. A bunch of bandits would probably just rush towards you, as they do on native. Even deserters would probably avoid using formations (they ran away from all those commanders in the first place).

Also, maybe it'd be better to start the battle without formations activated automatically, so the player (or the AI) can decide once the men are deployed when and how to use it. But I don't know if the AI can use formations as a toggle based option.

Which options does the majority like and which not? It would be useful to know that. Could save me some work....

Sure thing. Some options I personally would welcome right now:

- Fade to black screen
- Formations (in case it can't be fixed/it's too time consuming/whatever)
- Mystic merchant (feels quite out of place IMO)

Not that many, as you can see. The rest is mostly from Custom Commander, but those can be deactivated in-game or aren't that irritating after all. The pavise shield deployment works as an opt-in feature right now, so no problem, and it can come handy. And about Diplomacy, well, I can't think anything wrong with that mod.

Ideally those options could be accessed through an in-game menu, like Custom Commander does. Ideally.

Ah, I forgot one thing, key "L" in warband is logs window, in battle I press key and open logs indeed Wedge formation, so I change to other key. You should change to for other players :smile:.

kenoxite said:
Sure thing. Some options I personally would welcome right now:

- Fade to black screen
- Formations (in case it can't be fixed/it's too time consuming/whatever)
- Mystic merchant (feels quite out of place IMO)

Ideally those options could be accessed through an in-game menu, like Custom Commander does. Ideally.

word! i would also like to have an option to activate battle continuation, i hate to watch the fighting from the rear.

I haven't gotten around to reading all the replies yet, but has anyone else come accross the problem with the itm_dplmc_coat_of_plates_ red_constable? I'm trying to add new items, but I keep getting errors with the red constable. Any Idea whats up with that?

Bismarck, first of all great mod. Thankful for the work you put in.

I am also having problems with the enemy formations: they never move (especially cavalry). On the repository site I see that you say "If you want to get rid of the AI using formations, you can delete the formation additions under battle_tactic_init_aux and battle_tactic_apply_aux in the file module_scripts.py." I have done this, but no change. I know that this is not enough, and that there should be some way to reflect the changes in the .py files into the mod folder (I do not know much abt modding). But I do not know how. Please tell us how this can be done because the formations problems really make the game unplayable.

Thanks a lot.

I guess I will remove the formations completely (at least until there is a working version available).
The fade to black screen matter is going to be investigated.
The mystic merchant will be deleted. Calradia doesn't need a lottery.

@kuqezi:
Did you compile the source?

@Bismarck: Sorry, I don't know the first thing about how to compile it...I tried running the .bat file, but it gave me some errors. Maybe I should install python first?

Anyway, sorry about the ignorance :smile: If you plan to release another version soon (where you have removed formations), I can just wait. Thnx again.

My 2 cents: I also find the merchant cool, if people don't like him, they do not have to use him...

Back
Top Bottom