My thoughts on the campaign economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I've been playing Bannerlord since the game was released, and really, I've been trying to be patient. I'm honestly really loving this game and I do support TaleWorlds but something needs to happen but I diverse. Back when the game released in Early Access in March, there was no limit on how many workshops you were able to purchase at one time. While this was broken (mainly because you were making around 500 denar per workshop), I think that nerfing BOTH the workshop limit AND the amount that workshops produce all the way down was an extremely bad idea for the economy of the campaign.

I believe that simply nerfing how much the workshops produced per day would've been fine and if you really wanted to set a limit to how many workshops you could hold at one time, you could simply set it around 5-10. This would ensure that people weren't raking in tens of thousands per day but they were still able to maintain their party's wages.

People keep telling me to just start smithing javelins, but at that point, I might as well enable cheats, download a console mod and just spawn in hundreds of thousands. Smithing is EXTREMELY broken and I don't want to abuse that to get ahead in the game because it just feels disgusting and it takes away from my aspect of the fun, but even with two workshops, two caravans, and one town, I'm still hardly even able to make enough money to cover my parties wages.

Another thing I noticed is, what's the point of getting castles? In Warband, castles were amazing because, sure, you had to spend money on your garrison wages, but you were able to make a lot of money if you kept your villages and castles safe. In medieval ages, people lived in and around the walls of castles so I'm certain you should be able to make more money through the different fiefs (including villages) than you do now.

Honestly, there are so many problems with the economy of the game, it's just too difficult, even if you are able to get your party running successfully, how are you able to fund it? I'm at 30 men and I'm already paying 300 denars. That's an entire 2 workshops of produce per day. Workshops are supposed to make money but if you spend over 10,000 denars to produce 100 per day, that's around 100 in-game days JUST to make back the money you invested into it. Even caravans, you spend around 25,000 to get a functioning caravan up and running and you make a considerable sum but if someone attacks it, you lose the 25,000 and have to come up with another 25,000 which is practically impossible when you're in a 3,000 denar deficit each day.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback to TaleWorlds regarding the economy, even if it's already posted, please reply to this thread with them. There are so many problems with the economy that I feel like I could be typing a good 6 or 7 full paragraphs but I don't feel like doing that right now so it would be good to have other people's opinions blended together.

As I said before, I love Mount & Blade and I love TaleWorlds for making it happen, this is not an attack, so do not attempt to use this thread to attack TaleWorlds, lets keep it civil people.

Thank you.

Honestly, there are so many problems with the economy of the game, it's just too difficult, even if you are able to get your party running successfully, how are you able to fund it?

I had three workshops of 200-250 each and made sure I had nothing but mounted troops so I could hunt down lord parties or use quests to supplement my daily income.

Also disbanding most of my party during peacetime.

I had three workshops of 200-250 each and made sure I had nothing but mounted troops so I could hunt down lord parties or use quests to supplement my daily income.

I'm pretty certain the workshop limit is set to 2. Yes, you can get 200-250 per workshop but it's really likely they only bring in 100 denars or lower per day, that's hardly enough for 10 high-level troops. If you have hundreds of troops, you'd basically be spending money faster than you make it, else you'd fall into debt. Additionally, who wants to do quests constantly the entire campaign? People want to create their own kingdom and actually get stuff done outside of completing the same five or six quests dozens of times a day.

I'm pretty certain the workshop limit is set to 2. Yes, you can get 200-250 per workshop but it's really likely they only bring in 100 denars or lower per day, that's hardly enough for 10 high-level troops. If you have hundreds of troops, you'd basically be spending money faster than you make it, else you'd fall into debt.

Unmodded, 1.5.1.
qTDS2OK.jpg

Additionally, who wants to do quests constantly the entire campaign? People want to create their own kingdom and actually get stuff done outside of completing the same five or six quests dozens of times a day.

Yeah, past the early or mid game, you pretty much live off battle loot. By time you have hundreds of troops, you'll also have millions of denars and no longer care about daily wages.

This isn't to say that workshops don't need another balance pass -- because they do -- but early game even with one of them is enough to support 30-40 tier 3 troops, which is enough to start hunting small and/or weak lord parties for big denar payouts from loot and pillage. Once you have three or four profitable workshops -- 500-800 denars per day -- you can pretty much just sit back and let your money stack between beating the hell out most lord parties.

Last edited:
I only want a workshop that produces butter so that i can use it in my laboratory to create the glorious Butterlord boy Harlaus!

The best way I found to make lots of money is smiting,,I make weapons that sale for 30k a pop just from smelting weapons I get from battles,,pretty easy to bank money that way

Actually there was a workshop limit at release it just was not shown it was like 3.

Nobody is aying the workshops dont need a revalancing they definetly do but i have found that you can still make decent cash up to 250 and 500 a day although rarely it can get you through the early and mid game and by late game you already have millions off of battle loot so i dont really care unless i have a trade character with the renown per workshop perk as late game i already have millions and can easily make daily income from parties and caravans

Troops in a garrison should get half pay like they used to in Warband. They're not doing any marching and are extremely unlikely to see any fighting, so it's fair. Bam, suddenly having even just a castle is extremely handy. For now it seems I have to pay garrisons full wages, in which case it seems just wasteful. If I'm going to pay through the nose for elite troops either way, they need to be put to work.

Back
Top Bottom