My kingdom declaring war randomly

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it normal that my kingdom declares war randomely and is this associated to the quest "Stop Conspirancy" ? I know that at 1400 influence points from the Quest a war will be declared. I just started to gain a very good amount of troops with 1k strength and try to gain allies.

My question is why does my Kingdom declare wars randomly ?

I Think it happens if a vassal attacks somebody.

I found the solution. There are a couple of similar threads. Apparently it can be because of the quest I mentioned and people recommend this mod.

In case someone has the same problem. I can't download the mod atm for some reason, yet many people recommend it.

I guess its bugged. I created my own kingdom, didnt have any parties or vassals yet and still my Kingdom randomly declared war on other kingdoms while i was sitting in the blacksmith.

And theres another issue with declaring war in your own kingdom. You simply cant declare war even if you rule your own kingdom. You also cant attack any lords or nobles because they will say "We are not at war". The only way to "declare" war on another kingdom is to raid a village and loose tons of relations. After that they will declare war on you.

edit: I dont think its related to the quest. I had the quest to destroy the empire and randomly declared war on the aserai etc..

I guess its bugged. I created my own kingdom, didnt have any parties or vassals yet and still my Kingdom randomly declared war on other kingdoms while i was sitting in the blacksmith.

And theres another issue with declaring war in your own kingdom. You simply cant declare war even if you rule your own kingdom. You also cant attack any lords or nobles because they will say "We are not at war". The only way to "declare" war on another kingdom is to raid a village and loose tons of relations. After that they will declare war on you.

Yes this is basically what needs to be done in order to build ones own kingdom. I did not find any other way to declare war besides becoming a criminal and "Fancying stolen goods" from a merchant or attacking villagers of another kingdom. Although I did not test these two options, it may be possible that way.

The game probably doesnt recognize when you rule your own kingdom. Thats why the randomly declaring war is happening and the "Declare war" button isnt working at all.

Whatever it is, this needs to STOP. I'm a modestly sized kingdom with a half dozen fiefs, and I'm getting random war declarations on factions that I just made peace with DAYS before. Getting a foothold as a new kingdom is hard enough without the game forcing you into war with anyone and everyone - sometimes multiple factions at a time.

Hello, same issue for me, I keeo declaring war on others, don't know if it's normal or not though. Do we know if it's going to be fixed ? Seems like a big issue

This is what I don't get though. It's been so freaking long since warband. It shouldn't be that hard for game developpers to put this kind of thing in the game. Especialy over that long time. it seems they used all their time since warband to upgrade the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the game. But the underlying game mechanics are hardly changed.

This is what I don't get though. It's been so freaking long since warband. It shouldn't be that hard for game developpers to put this kind of thing in the game. Especialy over that long time. it seems they used all their time since warband to upgrade the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the game. But the underlying game mechanics are hardly changed.
Development time is less then you think. As far as we know they rebuild their engine twice. So years of development did not went into the game.

Development time is less then you think. As far as we know they rebuild their engine twice. So years of development did not went into the game.

That may very well be, but I can't get rid of the underlying feeling a big part of the engine is just copied. The dialogs, the quests, etc. Feels like the big map part of the game is largely copied. Can't see why that would have taken so much time. Yes the sieges are nice, yes the graphics are nice. As I said, don't get me wrong, I like the game. Always liked M&B. Have 60hrs on Bannerlord at this point. Wich is allot considering it is a week old. But I have the feeling as if they started development on this 6 months ago and due to timing issues they copied a big portion of game mechanics from warband.

I gave the dragon banner to the southern empire, is there still a way to create my own kingdom later on? They’re getting kind of large

Yeah this happened to me yesterday! I saw a random message stating that my kingdom had declared war on another faction. WHAT?!? And then my companion's army (Party) started a war by attacking another faction. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'm dooooooommmmeeed!!!!!!!

Hopefully these will be fixed. I would think that a vassal/companion shouldn't be able to start a war, but if so, there should be recourse for the ruler to make peace with the attacked faction by throwing out that vassal.

Just walk to any random noble of the faction... You'll probably be able to negociate peace for 1 to 35000 gold...

But I agree this suck a lot.

An EA with many many missing features and bug like this is not really encouraging for the future release......

I just formed my own kingdom and this happened almost immedietly after the conspiracy mission started , so i assumed it was part of the conspiracy.

also,
Just walk to any random noble of the faction... You'll probably be able to negociate peace for 1 to 35000 gold...

But I agree this suck a lot.

An EA with many many missing features and bug like this is not really encouraging for the future release......

EA is the ONLY time to have missing features and bugs IMO!
Lets remember we're at least a year from full release, probably longer.
So, i ask you,
IF not during an early access beta/alpha when is it acceptable to have missing features and bugs and why having missing features bugs during such a period reflects badly on the final product?

Edit: I just want to point out that if all bugs were gone and all features were in, wouldn't that just be FULL RELEASE?

I just formed my own kingdom and this happened almost immedietly after the conspiracy mission started , so i assumed it was part of the conspiracy.

also,

So, i ask you,
IF not during an early access beta/alpha when is it acceptable to have missing features and bugs and why having missing features bugs during such a period reflects badly on the final product?

Edit: I just want to point out that if all bugs were gone and all features were in, wouldn't that just be FULL RELEASE?

Very well said.

also,

So, i ask you,

We're not speaking about bug... we're speaking about a basic button in a window (called something like "send messenger") that allow you to speak with another faction without running everywhere on the map.

Excuse me not being as positive as you are... If they still have to design such basics elements now they won't have times for many more importants elements according to me.

I'm seeing this exact same thing. I have a small kingdom with a single castle, some caravans, and some companion led parties. All of my companion parties are at my castle or patrolling my lands and I get random notifications that my kingdom has declared war on the Kuzhaits. I immediately find a Kuzhait noble, pay them 45k for peace, and the very next day my kingdom randomly declares war on them again. Another 45k to make peace - again. This feels like a bug.

Back
Top Bottom