Music discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

While being split from another post, our story begins like this...

Auldman said:
Kitfux said:
Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way.

Thanks Kitfux. That did the trick. I got my "spotting" up and ambushed those dirty scoundrels and took great pleasure in wiping them out. No prisoners. I loathe a bounty man.

Pretty fun mod. Wish there was more spaghetti western music to suit the spaghetti western vibe.

Glad you found a temp fix.  The next release will have this permanently resolved.

More spaghetti western music is the primary reason I am now accepting donations.  You have to pay to use the best royalty free music is software.  I'd pay for it out of pocket, but my new years resolution was no more money spent on 1866!

Shrugging Khan said:
How much would one or several Morricone pieces cost you?

We wouldn't even be able to get permission to use Morricone.  Even if we could, I'd have to pay royalties for every download.  At 150k downloads, I'd run out of money pretty damn fast.

However, there is affordable kitsch western music in the morricone style that is royalty free (or pay up front).  And the good songs are up to par with the classics. 

Hmmm. Maybe instead of paying dear money that none of us have, we could just assemble an "official 1866 youtube playlist"? It's a little extra effort for the player, what with having to click a link and all, but maybe that's work?  :eek:

That particular song costs $92.64 for a royalty free license, which is a bit on the expensive side of what I've seen.  Excellent songs can easily be found in the $30 - $50 range.

While it may sound expensive, keep in mind that there are NO royalties (which is huge for indie games/mods with limited or no income).

Anyway, this is really just icing on the cake.

I think you guys are doing a great job with the music.

Would it be possible to play different soundtracks depending on whether your character is American, Mexican, or Indian?  Just throwing the idea out.

Some of that southwestern native american flute music would make for good atmospherics.  That and some slow, slow, soft western guitar or banjo stuff.

yellowmosquito said:
While being split from another post, our story begins like this...

Auldman said:
Kitfux said:
Already reported, and confirmed as a bug.
Temporary workaround: Get you spotting skill up, then you get the option to ambush the ambushers with your whole outfit. No disappearing troops that way.

Thanks Kitfux. That did the trick. I got my "spotting" up and ambushed those dirty scoundrels and took great pleasure in wiping them out. No prisoners. I loathe a bounty man.

Pretty fun mod. Wish there was more spaghetti western music to suit the spaghetti western vibe.

Glad you found a temp fix.  The next release will have this permanently resolved.

More spaghetti western music is the primary reason I am now accepting donations.  You have to pay to use the best royalty free music is software.  I'd pay for it out of pocket, but my new years resolution was no more money spent on 1866!

Just saw this. Thanks for the fix and I'll try and donate a few buckaroos next I get a chance  :grin: You've got an excellent mod here that, in it's own way, is sort of it's own game seperate to Mount and Blade with all you've done. I can understand Morricone would be price prohibitive. Let me sample that link you've got there...

yellowmosquito said:
No, that is just tacky.  The fan submitted/free music we have now is already much, much better than that.

Royalty free music is pretty affordable.  I could completely overhaul the score with just a few hundred bucks. 
Here is a low quality sample of one such song I've wanted to purchase for quite some time.

As you will hear right away, it is kitsch Morricone...which in my opinion would be an awesome fit for 1866.

Yes that is very good and very much the kind of thing I was thinking of.

I don't know what the price would be but these are some faves and pre-date Morricone but their John Barry so they might be high:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFPQT9esl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrW0fZwzaG8&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom