Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Users who are viewing this thread

I absolutely agree, sadly i don't think this was a mistake, i don't want to go on a long rant here but i am 100% convinced that the game is exactly what upper management envisioned, this is literally what they wanted to make and they made it, the reason why they constantly talked down Warband and said it was "Old and new players don't like it" (i am paraphrasing but they basically stated this sentiment) is because they unironically think Warband was a ancient game and they (the young and charismatic geniuses who knew better) were going to make it better and in their mind making it better meant getting rid of most of Warband and replacing it with fancy marketing talk, buzzwords and charlatans. This game still has potential but not in the hands of this developer.

I am leaving a link to all the times the developer slighted Warband
GUjGP.jpg

And that is not even all of them, never forget that time in a games presentation one of the TW representatives said "Warband features are not up to Bannerlord standards"

That was the literal thing they thought, it still is what they think of Warband, and frankly i cannot fathom describing this sentiment as anything other than hubris.

Last edited:
I occasionally want to go back to this game for the medieval combat, but then i remember all the indestructible factions that will endlessly raid me despite having no fiefs, and the fact i have to trek across a gigantic map to find a single lord who is the representative who can join my faction because messengers and writing doesn't exist in bannerlord, and then remember why i quit. Warband never made me do that unmodded.

Last edited:
And that is not even all of them, never forget that time in a games presentation one of the TW representatives said "Warband features are not up to Bannerlord standards"
I was visiting the forums and saw this. This is something I translated to English according to a Turkish forum user's interview with MRay.
This is the thread I created. And this was the response of MRay. So there was a misunderstanding.

Hi guys, btw. Anyone enjoying BL. I have not played it in ages. I guess, it still needs mods. Did they remove influence from the game?:ROFLMAO:

This is why i don't like the idea of them adding more "content" or "mechanicsy to Bannerlord. They should be removing stuff instead. Perks, influence, clan tiers, even the whole way levelling works, they all have to go if the MnB formula is to be saved. The more stuff they add, the more it's going to cannibalise The core of the game which is the battles.
This so much, the game tries to do too many things at the same time and can't wrap it in a coherent package. I would without an issue trade the whole generational feature for better companions, or the perks system for a functional trait system

I occasionally want to go back to this game for the medieval combat, but then i remember all the indestructible factions that will endlessly raid me despite having no fiefs, and the fact i have to trek across a gigantic map to find a single lord who is the representative who can join my faction because messengers and writing doesn't exist in bannerlord, and then remember why i quit. Warband never made me do that unmodded.
This is the most depressing thing I've read in these entire forums. This is literally a depression inducing post. I'm sorry Mexxico, I'm so sorry. He wanted to give us the world and Taleworlds gave us a map with cool illustrations of it.

This is the most depressing thing I've read in these entire forums. This is literally a depression inducing post. I'm sorry Mexxico, I'm so sorry. He wanted to give us the world and Taleworlds gave us a map with cool illustrations of it.
Sorry i didn't mean to make it depressing, but its true. I just realize how tedious it is and will be, and i just.. don't allow myself to bother. The issues identified are not really challenging in a worthwhile sense, the game is just determined to waste my time with artificial 'difficulty' that isn't related to the core gameplay whatsoever. You want people to be mostly focused on the battles in this game - that is the core of the game, and its best part, and what it always did well since warband. Having me play hide and seek with lords, or whack-a-mole with factions that refuse to die is just not worth the trouble. That's to say nothing of the problems relating to stupid ai making peace or war, decisions relating to policies, etc.

Worst part is the stuff i've suggested/identified looks like this probably isn't that complicated to fix, but some of its a result of intentional choices...

Last edited:
A friend had Warband and I tried to play campaign. I was sold, played it almost non-stop until I realised that there was a multiplayer. Since then I didnt really touch singleplayer, only occasionly on offline days and those days are long gone (for me 😎)

I bought Bannerlord strickly because of MP. If it didnt have MP, I wouldnt have purchased it.

Imagine you are a developer at TaleWorlds Entertainment, and every day when you open the forum and see this thread, what goes through your mind is...
... I should go be a developer for a company that values quality over just good enough.

TaleWorlds Marketing department have told the devs that their target audience are 13 year old buys who own consoles, so develop a game best suited for them. Something rich in graphics, battles and simple game play. (Isn't this what we're getting so far?)

Oh! there are also some dorks, who live in the mothers basements but they are a minority, so we'll try to ignore them .. (ditto)

Yes, I've worked for large corporations, I know the politics.

AW.

Well good thing you don't have to be depressed anymore! They fixed that in the last beta.

I just logged after a long time just to say that as a huge Warband fan (that through the years bought at least 5 or 6 copies always at full price) I agree 100% with OP.

I bought Bannerturd pre-launch as a way to support Taleworlds, but let me tell you, I will never make that mistake again. I will never again conduct business with Taleworlds or anyone associated with this sham of a company. I was deceived and lied and ultimately feel cheated. I can tolerate ineptitude but never malice.
My two cents on this ****show.

Without modding capabilities this game would be dead... No joke.
The modding scene compared to Warband is already a joke. Game's been playable for at least two years and not a single total conversion mod is in a fully playable state, meanwhile Warband had Brytenwalda feature complete in the same timespan. Instead we get crappy cheat tier plugins like the first 6 months of a Bethesda game's launch.

The modding scene compared to Warband is already a joke. Game's been playable for at least two years and not a single total conversion mod is in a fully playable state, meanwhile Warband had Brytenwalda feature complete in the same timespan. Instead we get crappy cheat tier plugins like the first 6 months of a Bethesda game's launch.
really ? speed is your point ?
The game is from 2020, not 2008. the standard for mods has insanely increased. Models are harder to make since of higher quality, there is no common framework for mods like warband's diplomacy, code breaks every big update, new features get added that require a complete rework of parts for what has been done, etc...
You wouldn't even play a mod made in the same timespan as brytenwalda in bannerlord, simply because it would be like the current total overhauls we have : either incomplete, buggy, or adding nothing to the game

Lol all those cheat mods sure are high quality man
Did you read what I write ? And did you really compare total overhauls to some bottom of the barrel mod ? Both in terms of work and quality ?
Come on, I know this forum is home to bad faith but you're being silly at this point. That's like comparing (taking your example of bethesda games) the waifu mods to the likes of skyblivion or beyond skyrim... which have been in development for over a decade at this point btw

Back
Top Bottom