Resolved Deutsch Multiple horse names (duplicates)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.0.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

David26

Recruit
Some horses use the same name in the german translation.

EN v1.0.0DE v1.0.0DE Suggested name
"Old Sumpter Horse""Reitpferd (alt)""Altes Lastpferd" or "Lastpferd (alt)"
"Sumpter Horse""Reitpferd" (duplicate)"Lastpferd"
"Saddle Horse""Reitpferd" (duplicate)"Reitpferd" (can stay the same if all duplicates are changed)
"Midlands Palfrey""Midland-Zelter""Mittelländischer Zelter" or "Zelter"
"Rouncey""Reitpferd" (duplicate)"Runtzid" (source: Wikipedia)
"Steppe Hunter""Steppenschlachtross" (duplicate)"Steppenjäger" (translation for "Steppe Hunter") or " Steppenstreitross" (same as it´s horse type "Streitross" and more in line with the names of other horses with the same type and therefore probably the better option)
"Darshi Horse""Askarat" (duplicate)"Darshi" or "Darshi-Pferd"
"Glintor Pony""Swenryn-Pony" (duplicate)"Glintor-Pony"
"Canterion Charger" [new Imperial Charger? (I think there used to be one in the past)]"Imperiales Streitross" (duplicate)can stay the same if there is no "Imperial Charger"(EN) otherwise "Canterionisches Streitross"
"Revyl Chaser""Sturgianischer Verfolger" (duplicate)"Revylischer Jäger", "Sturgianischer Jäger", "Revylisches Streitross" or " Sturgianisches Streitross" (probaly would make sense to use the same solution as with the "Steppe Hunter")
"Valanby Courser""Schlachtross" (duplicate)"Valanby Renner","Valanby Streitross" or "Renner" (Courser = Renner, source: Wikipedia)
"Omor Trotter""Sturgianischer Vefolger" (duplicate)"Omor Traber"
"Karahan""Steppenschlachtross" (duplicate)"Karahan"
"Destrier""Schlachtross" (duplicate)"Destrier" (same in german)
"Palmatian""Imperiales Streitross" (duplicate)"Palmatian"

The list only includes horses i´ve been able to find so far (probably misses some rare ones).

In german "Schlachtross" and "Streitross" both mean the same ("Schlachtross" probably being the more commonly used). There seems to be nothing setting them apart (source: Wikipedia). Using both would be confusing so i went with "Streitross" since it´s also used for the horse type most of them belong in, but it would make sense, using "Schlachtross" instead. This means also renaming the horse type to "Schlachtross" instead of "Streitross". Use either-or but not both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom