MP dying real fast

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought I might as well throw my bit into the conversation. Im a part of KO and before Bannerlord was a huge fan and competitive member of the NW (Napoleonic Wars DLC) community. During Beta I noted multiple issues with Taleworld's plans for melee and other issues like servers, some of which have been delt with. However there was one post of mine that blew up, and that was asking about the state of Private Servers. As it stands Taleworlds has no ambition to release the "necessary files" to create a private server due to "The many updates that will occur during EA". Additionally they dont want to release admin controls to the public as they are apparently unfinished. In my post I gave a solution that I thought was rather reasonable. Little backstory, one of the things that made NW huge was the massive Linebattles that were featured on Youtube by greats like Chadtopia and Malikath or even DiplexHeated. Now I suggested that we get a community representative to talk with Taleworlds to set up a server, at the very least, where we clans can go and play and create hype for the game. If they want, they can keep that admin tools to themselves. However ive heard rumors that there are no Battle gamemodes in development and that Taleworlds is just waiting for a modder to create it after Full Release before they integrate it. If they want to correct that statement then so be it. All we want is for multiplayer to be successful but instead our community is being ignored to facilitate an Esports dream that will probably never hit the big screen, I do want to say I like the Skirmish Gamemode, but not having battle or something large that clans can attend is what i would call a community killer.

I thought I might as well throw my bit into the conversation. Im a part of KO and before Bannerlord was a huge fan and competitive member of the NW (Napoleonic Wars DLC) community. During Beta I noted multiple issues with Taleworld's plans for melee and other issues like servers, some of which have been delt with. However there was one post of mine that blew up, and that was asking about the state of Private Servers. As it stands Taleworlds has no ambition to release the "necessary files" to create a private server due to "The many updates that will occur during EA". Additionally they dont want to release admin controls to the public as they are apparently unfinished. In my post I gave a solution that I thought was rather reasonable. Little backstory, one of the things that made NW huge was the massive Linebattles that were featured on Youtube by greats like Chadtopia and Malikath or even DiplexHeated. Now I suggested that we get a community representative to talk with Taleworlds to set up a server, at the very least, where we clans can go and play and create hype for the game. If they want, they can keep that admin tools to themselves. However ive heard rumors that there are no Battle gamemodes in development and that Taleworlds is just waiting for a modder to create it after Full Release before they integrate it. If they want to correct that statement then so be it. All we want is for multiplayer to be successful but instead our community is being ignored to facilitate an Esports dream that will probably never hit the big screen, I do want to say I like the Skirmish Gamemode, but not having battle or something large that clans can attend is what i would call a community killer.
I agree with the whole private server thing. Not giving private servers is killing the multiplayer. However callum has already stated they are working on a "single life gamemode"

It's cool they are working on a single-life gamemode but they could've appeased most of their veteran multiplayer playerbase if they put battle in the game. As most of us expected from all the previous mount & blade titles

God no. There should be no matchmaking at all. So many games are ruined by this. Mount and blade was fine without it.

Matchmaking brings the worst of people's behaviour out. You get smurf accounts. You get people leaving for stats. Then you get a penalty system for leaving (or having a bad connection). Then people may be sent to purgatory for disconnecting etc etc.

If they drop all and any matchmaking...Click server of liking. Pick team & class. Have fun.

Mark my words. As soon as people can ditch the matchmaking, almost everyone will. And you will be stuck in a queue with a party waiting for ghosts to play with while the rest is having fun on a diverse choice of servers. And taleworlds will have spent a lot of time and money on something almost nobody wants, and nobody needs.

Taleworlds please listen to this man, matchmaking will be a HUGE waste of time and money, please stick to private servers ASAP.

Did they reply to you regarding the mode ? I got nothing ? I just want to know what’s being worked on in multiplayer currently that’s it.
Unfortunately the only way you can find what is being worked on on this forum is trying to find the developers profiles and perusing them.

These are two devs that I could find responding about multiplayer:

Singleplayer:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?members/mexxico.52106/

There are obviously way more devs that I am missing but you get the gist of it, also you can check out what Callum (Community Manager) is posting as well here:

Anyone have any idea when public/custom servers are going to get more map options?

Couldn't they just add some generic "village battle maps" into the mix? Just cut some of the "fat" "(open field sections) from them and add some spawn points.

They already did the leg work building them. Having a mix town and field map would spice things up a bit from fighting in the same level over-and- over.

God no. There should be no matchmaking at all. So many games are ruined by this. Mount and blade was fine without it.

Matchmaking brings the worst of people's behaviour out. You get smurf accounts. You get people leaving for stats. Then you get a penalty system for leaving (or having a bad connection). Then people may be sent to purgatory for disconnecting etc etc.

If they drop all and any matchmaking...Click server of liking. Pick team & class. Have fun.
Truer words are rarely spoken!

Mark my words. As soon as people can ditch the matchmaking, almost everyone will. And you will be stuck in a queue with a party waiting for ghosts to play with while the rest is having fun on a diverse choice of servers. And taleworlds will have spent a lot of time and money on something almost nobody wants, and nobody needs.
Hear hear. Matchmaking makes a little bit of sense for games like Rocket League, where you have at most 8 players on the same server at once, and games last for 5 minutes. On any other type of game, it is completely redundant and actively brings out the worst behaviour in people, like you said.

Hear hear. Matchmaking makes a little bit of sense for games like Rocket League, where you have at most 8 players on the same server at once, and games last for 5 minutes. On any other type of game, it is completely redundant and actively brings out the worst behaviour in people, like you said.
skirmish takes 10-20 minutes

Which is not 5 minutes, on a gamemode with more than 4-8 players. That said, Skirmish is a gamemode where matchmaking makes a tiny little bit of sense. For Siege and Captain it's redundant and ridiculous though.

Which is not 5 minutes, on a gamemode with more than 4-8 players. That said, Skirmish is a gamemode where matchmaking makes a tiny little bit of sense. For Siege and Captain it's redundant and ridiculous though.
League has 10 players on 20-50 minute games, it seems to work aswell.

Back
Top Bottom