SP Modern Apocalypse Mount & BRAINS Discussion Thread

What do you think of the title "Mount & BRAINS"?

• It's bad in a good way.

Votes: 184 58.4%
  • It's bad in a bad way.

Votes: 131 41.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You know why the "zombie mod curse" really exists?

Because Mount & Blade lends itself so well to a huge scale zombie game, so lots of people get excited and want to make it, and then get frustrated and quit because they find out how the module system is bad for making anything ambitious.

This is getting rather ridiculous. I've spent 3 days trying to figure out just how to get the thing to compile again, and no one else seems to be able to figure out why faction definitions aren't working either.

triptick said:
i think posting some screenies and stuff like that would make me believe more that this can be done

implied-facepalm.jpg

triptick said:
i think posting some screenies and stuff like that would make me believe more that this can be done

I could post a screenshot of the Python window complaining about its fake errors if you want.

This is pretty frustrating :/ I've updated the update thread with info on how the mod is at a dead stop right now. Here's hoping the expansion comes with some significant module system improvements.

Again, I think it's just that when people think of making a zombie mod, they think of something more than this game can handle. It wouldn't have been any problem making some generic thing where you walk around shooting the equivalent of peasant hordes with the equivalent of a rapid fire crossbow, but that doesn't seem worth the effort.

Evod Lighttaker said:
No one knows where, nor noone would care, for those who keep it do not share.
But in a hidden past a curse was made, for a mod never to be played.
Until a time a break in the deal, between the ones who make it and the one
who went against their seal. 
:neutral: :???:
Whoaa! Poetic! +1 awesomeness for you.

SFtheWolf said:
Again, I think it's just that when people think of making a zombie mod, they think of something more than this game can handle. It wouldn't have been any problem making some generic thing where you walk around shooting the equivalent of peasant hordes with the equivalent of a rapid fire crossbow, but that doesn't seem worth the effort.
True. You might be able to work from something like that as a base though.

GrandTheftGearsofHalo4 said:
Dude if you put some people in R.E. in here, I will love you forever. (Like Leon, Chris, Claire, Also the people from L4D and L4D2)

Moron, did you even read the last page?

SFthewolf if you are still around, did u manage to make the zombies walk slower? i know progress on this mod has stopped but i wanted to know if u managed to encumber them enough to make em slow. if you did please elaborate on how you did that, im tryin out a personal mod and i want to make certain troops walk very slowly.

Ultra said:
SFthewolf if you are still around, did u manage to make the zombies walk slower? i know progress on this mod has stopped but i wanted to know if u managed to encumber them enough to make em slow. if you did please elaborate on how you did that, im tryin out a personal mod and i want to make certain troops walk very slowly.

I'm working on it and i've managed to work it out.
Just make the armour they wear weigh around 100 each. That slows them down about perfectly.

I mentioned this to someone else but Chel mentions that max weight for any item is 64(or63) the weight is on a 64 bit system.  Once you go over the weight loops back to 0.  You could give a troop multiple 60 weight items.  It seems that troops will go a certain speed no matter how much they are weighed down.  You should ask Chel how he slowed them even further.

Berserker Pride said:
I mentioned this to someone else but Chel mentions that max weight for any item is 64(or63) the weight is on a 64 bit system.  Once you go over the weight loops back to 0.  You could give a troop multiple 60 weight items.  It seems that troops will go a certain speed no matter how much they are weighed down.  You should ask Chel how he slowed them even further.

Aah. yes. You're right there about the 64 max weight. But you can set it to 100 in the MS but it'll still only weigh 64 ingame.
So all the zombies I have are really slow. They never "run". They have full "armor". As in: gloves, boots, armor and 1 invisible weapon.

NaglFaar said:
Ultra said:

I'm working on it and i've managed to work it out.
Just make the armour they wear weigh around 100 each. That slows them down about perfectly.

This is what I did. I was planning to have a custom "zombie skin" for each class of zombie (some would be fast runners) that would allow me to tweak their speed and the like easily. To make the effect more dramatic most of the survivors were reasonably fast runners, since the heaviest thing any of the humans were wearing was kevlar.

Back
Top Bottom