Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword Standalone

Users who are viewing this thread

Kleidophoros said:
fedeita said:
it's changed totally from the last video, i hope they didn't used the total war engine for doing this video...  :roll:
my thoughts exactly. and look at the requirements;
Windows XP SP2 Pentium IV 1.5 GHz 1 Gb RAM 128 Mb Graphics Card DVD-ROM drive DirectX 9.0c
How the hell those can handle 1000 battlesize?

By altering the engine(heavy amounts), getting somebody to move lot of the load over from CPU to GPU, and making 100 units moving 1 unit moving(which saves an insane amount of hardware).
My thought is that the trailer is the "high end" part(btw, i don't think its 1000. Its higher), the low end will result in i guess 400-600 hundred units and less super powerful graphical effects.

Indeed it seems like they tempered with the TW engine, or something like it. AI driven by groups of units instead of one agent for every unit as MaB has. I'm quite confused to be honest. :/ (It makes me trust them less in fact)

Some of the screens from unfinished Ogniem i Mieczem: Total War Medieval II port are looking a bit... suspicious:
41203421.jpg

2796872.jpg

196901.jpg
From http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?s=64066617c9718bb0b137562a31c30bee&showtopic=445

Cool~! Kasaki~! :grin: well I don't know how about everyone else... but I would like to give it a try... I'm sure that it will be much more finished and polished well then majority of modes for the game...
and I'm sure that it would be cheap getting this...

and before u judge the game think about this... the whole act of making an expension to mount & blade just shows that the game and its developers are getting much more recognition from other companys, and if they will advertise there expensions world-wide, then its a direct advertisment for the original game... if someone will buy the expension then he will must have to get somehow the original game :wink: which gives more profit for the company... and hopefully they will use it to polish warband even more =] and could pay for the process of development =]

I see nothing wronge with this expension and I would love to try it because I'm a huge fan of Mount&Blade and everything that is made for it is cool =]
everyone "cheat" or take meterials from others... and its better then having to be forced to play with "original" lame controls or other features.

thanks for the topic I quit enjoyed this small trailer looking forwared for the game and price.

Why did they use MT2W for the movie? Isn't that a bit misleading to people who know nothing about M&B? Shouldn't it be showing off the game?

I don't get it-  are they making a total war type game with the M&B engine,  or have they modded the M&b engine to allow huge scale battles?
is it going to be M&B gameplay with new bits tacked on, or is it a whole new game just made with the same engine?

The trailer is rendered in unicorn game engine which AFAIK is developed by a company from Ukraine. It doesn't reflect what the actual gameplay is going to look like. The game is of course going to use M&B engine.

I don't think it is misleading, since it is not advertised as a "gameplay trailer". Pretty much all trailers are rendered animations which do not show actual gameplay. This isn't really any different.

Armagan said:
The trailer is rendered in unicorn game engine which AFAIK is developed by a company from Ukraine. It doesn't reflect what the actual gameplay is going to look like. The game is of course going to use M&B engine.

I don't think it is misleading, since it is not advertised as a "gameplay trailer". Pretty much all trailers are rendered animations which do not show actual gameplay. This isn't really any different.

Well, trailers tend to be either pre-rendered, or rendered in the game engine I think. And those pre-rendered ones are made using 3d software like Maya, XSI or 3DsMax. I'm yet to see a game trailer that's rendered in another game engine.
Players imo expect one of those two - a clearly (better quality and overall nicer and more cinematic) pre-rendered trailer, or some gameplay footage, maybe a cutscene in the game's engine. The first is entertaining and gets them in the mood - it looks like a movie. The second lets them see a bit of the actual game.

It's not a bad thing what they did, but I can see it might confuse people.

Paying $10USD in equivalent Polish currency for that instead of going to pay for half the cost of Warband (presumed $20 to make M&B $50) is a waste of money compared to one half the worth of Warband. And as I said before, probably close to none of the money spent on buying it will help TaleWorlds financially, CD Projekt already paid TaleWorlds for the rights. I would save my money for Warband and use those $10 one something else.

Here you can watch the presentation of Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword at Poznań Game Arena:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTFxTCEi7MY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC8wBDoMMlo
Unfortunately it's in Polish...

Adorno said:
So do they say anything about new gameplay features?
Not really...
They say that to make money (for example) you'll be able to capture and sell peasants as slaves.
There will be many ways to capture a fortress like: blowing up the gate, poisoning the well, persuasing people who live in the fortress that you are besieging to open the gate for you ect.
Fight in earlier prepared most important battles of XVII century. Just like in Medieval.
System of formations. 
Commanding your troops on a minimap.
Many quests and 3 main plots for 3 nations out of the 5 that are playable.

Soz for my English. 

Nice to see some progress, but it still looks a lot like a mod. Not very impressive at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom