Open A question about older versions

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, I admit, this question is primarily addressed to the devs, but anyone can comment (obviously). @Callum @TaleWorlds

So we know that the original game was released several times with different versions, going from what we had in Warrider (undead plot) to what the game ended up as in version 1.010 (and via online updates). Half of those versions can still be downloaded from different sources, but they cannot be installed (or run) because they're outdated for modern systems, or because they still have the old copyright protection in place. Since there's no way to activate old keys on them anymore (my current MnB key doesn't work retrospectively), I was hoping there's some kind of a workaround. I mean, those versions are still standalone games with different features, so they should be saved for posterity.

That said, here's another question: What's the lore behind factions such as Tagars, Antler Knights, Dark Knights*, Robber Knights, Pilgrims, etc.? From the old game files I've gathered that the Tagars and Antler Knights were supposed to be enemies of the Khergits, and that the Antler Knights were seemingly another type of Manhunters or something, but beyond that, nothing. In fact, I couldn't find anything on the Tagars other than that they're listed as a faction in the game files, but have no troops or anything. I mean, maybe they just used regular Khergit troops, but I couldn't find anything on Tagar parties or settings in mod_scripts.

So yeah, all in all, I'd like to either have access to those older versions, or just info on the different features\ factions\ troops that were removed.

*Yes, I know these guys are supposed to be an end-game challenge, but aside from that?

Back
Top Bottom