Mount&Blade: With Fire and Sword Standalone

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
It's no doubt meant for the East European market, and that's perhaps why an English version has low priority.

Anyway, any idea on when it's going to be translated and released?

Ha, I THOUGHT that movie version of Colonel Wolodyjowski I got out of a library didn't make any sense! I had no idea that it was the third part of a trilogy before I saw the ads for this game.  :oops: I'll have to look for the rest of the movies, if I like them, and if the game comes out in English, I'll probably buy it.

As to all the arguments about this being "a mod", I'd point out that engine re-use is a really common way to make a new game. For example, there's dozens of games that use the Quake III engine that you certainty would not call "mods" for Quake III. Mods are, by definition, free modifications of a game by the community. That's not at all the same as games made using the same engine by professional software companies.

Adorno said:
It's no doubt meant for the East European market, and that's perhaps why an English version has low priority.

So you're claiming that most of East Europeans speak Russian? No way, mate, I'm Latvian and I personally don't want to bother learning Russian (thought forced to learn it in school). I prefer a game in English language.

Ricox said:
Adorno said:

So you're claiming that most of East Europeans speak Russian? No way, mate, I'm Latvian and I personally don't want to bother learning Russian (thought forced to learn it in school). I prefer a game in English language.
Actually I thought there was also a Polish version (with the winged Hussars and all..) but maybe I'm wrong.
Besides you say you had Russian at school, so you do know some Russian - just like I had English at school  :smile:

Far better than TaleWorlds trailers... But CDProjekt (at least the people who developed The Witcher) have a lot of talent making nice trailers.

If they start to mod the **** out M&B engine, it will be better than the game itself (Warband).

Heimir said:
Hope they translate it into english, otherwise' they can go and "F-word" themselves.

I feel the same way has you about this game

Back
Top Bottom