Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
King_Kabab said:
Antar said:
Wow, that video looks great! Too bad that they changed the inventory from square slots to rectangular columns but I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it. Great job on the analysis, too.
Rofl, seriously?
Please point out what exactly you are referring to instead of posting this useless, two word, post. I have no idea what you are "rofling" about.

Antar said:
King_Kabab said:
Antar said:
Wow, that video looks great! Too bad that they changed the inventory from square slots to rectangular columns but I'm pretty sure we'll get used to it. Great job on the analysis, too.
Rofl, seriously?
Please point out what exactly you are referring to instead of posting this useless, two word, post. I have no idea what you are "rofling" about.
Big Woop

Meevar the Mighty said:
Mr.Milker said:
Not really. We can't see much of the sword itself, but the pommel reminds me more of late medieval Swiss daggers/short swords.-

http://art-of-swords.tumblr.com/post/25904963401/the-swiss-dagger-schweizerdolch-the-swiss
or

1117-swiss-dagger.JPG

The scabbard itself looks vaguely roman gladius-like.

The defining feature of Swiss swords and baselards is the wide pommel encasing the wooden grip. The grip gently curves to fit inside the pommel. The sword we're talking about has an abrupt pommel integrated with the grip, so it looks nothing like a swiss sword. :razz:

Kindjals

Jambiya and khanjars can look similar:

Also looks a bit like a type of near eastern bronze short sword from Media and Elam:

I guess we're seeing very different things in the image then. (anyway, I think the concept artist just painted whatever in there, vaguely swordlike, without thinking about it much.)

Armagan said:
Please visit more often in the coming months, like you did before... A long time ago, when I was still a young and green forum lurker.

I will most definitely do that. I really missed the good old times as well :smile:

Armagan, any comments on that footage?

Antar said:

Whoa, whoa. It's a new game. I like much more the new one. It's well sorted and has a pleasant appearence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnNKN7d9gNA
Lumos is a star. :razz:

Outlawed said:
Here is my humble analysis for those interested:

Also there is a shoutout to LumosCorp. xD
Proof that spending more than ten minutes (most of which drawing lines) on something pays off in the end. :razz:
Thanks for the shoutout. The entire company approves. Those that did not approve('s contracts) have been terminated.

froggyluv said:
Haven't been following the progress and by the looks of it, not much real info has been released but by far the biggest thing needed for SP is real Line Of Sight for the AI. Meaning, the AI always has a KnowsAbout of 1 of all enemies ,there is no visual detect so this makes it impossible to have stealth, ambush type mission or even simply hiding in the woods. Real LoS would revolutionize the SP experience tenfold and I hope they take a real college try at it.

It is annoying that a soldier can be running one way, then spin and attack you. I just pretended that he heard me coming.

Just recently, the vaegirs became the only kingdom in my game on the hardest difficulty. I also discovered an exploit atleast when fighting Rodoks, if you train only crossbowmen and do a siege, you can tell your army to hold ground after you kill off their ranged attackers. After that, you walk up the ladder and when you get close to the bad guys up top, they will prepare to attack you before you are in their attacking range. So, you just shoot them in the face and after a few people die they will put their guard up, so you just back up a few steps and repeat. If you run low on crossbow bolts, you just order your men to attack so the wall will be littered with crossbow bolts which you pick up, to repeat the cheese attack. 

On the new menu system: I think it's really neat how more useful it seems, but I like the old menu's look. I liked how the old menu had a dark back ground behind the items, the dark background increases the contrast of colors. The light background behind the items now doesn't look as good as it use to, but I think there is also information next to the items now and it might not look good to have a dark background with the text?

Or saw you in the cubemapped reflection on his shiny weapon. I prefer to think they feel death's hand on their shoulder and turn to face him, only to find something much more dangerous!

Possible though that they can smell something that I can't, unless I concentrate really hard and press ~.

Did anyone from TW say anything about the first leaked footage, with the horse strafing and obesity?

Found this idea from the outlawed's youtube video.

KrugerrandCash 16 hours ago
I'd like an option for multiplayer tournaments inside the single player campaign. you go to a castle or town with a mp tournament and join. you can participate, spectate, gamble on mp tournaments and profit in your sp campaign. Just an idea.

blackthursday said:
Found this idea from the outlawed's youtube video.

KrugerrandCash 16 hours ago
I'd like an option for multiplayer tournaments inside the single player campaign. you go to a castle or town with a mp tournament and join. you can participate, spectate, gamble on mp tournaments and profit in your sp campaign. Just an idea.

Yeah, that's one of the better suggestions I've heard in a long time.

Lumos said:
Outlawed said:
Here is my humble analysis for those interested:

Also there is a shoutout to LumosCorp. xD
Proof that spending more than ten minutes (most of which drawing lines) on something pays off in the end. :razz:
Thanks for the shoutout. The entire company approves. Those that did not approve('s contracts) have been terminated.

Haha, us Bannerlord covering media must crosspromote XD

The video is legit and that is Armağan :grin:. That was actually a small demo we put together to show to the Turkish government but it was used at whatever function that was, inside the university we're attached to. We decided it wasn't really of a standard to show to players and didn't really reflect the state of the game well enough. What you can see there is (as translated) the inventory screen, the party screen and the encyclopedia. Needless to say, they're all work in progress and a lot of what's seen there has undergone significant changes.

it would be nice if there was eventually a steam early access type deal. like the good ol' days when calradia looked like a block of cheese.

Captain Lust said:
The video is legit and that is Armağan :grin:. That was actually a small demo we put together to show to the Turkish government but it was used at whatever function that was, inside the university we're attached to. We decided it wasn't really of a standard to show to players and didn't really reflect the state of the game well enough. What you can see there is (as translated) the inventory screen, the party screen and the encyclopedia. Needless to say, they're all work in progress and a lot of what's seen there has undergone significant changes.

I'll have one alpha access kthx. I beta'd MnB, Warband, I'm going for the hattrick here man help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom