Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
joei160. said:
I would like to publicly apologize for the foolishness my fellow countryman wrote up in the above post.

I would like to publicly apologize in name of the Mount & Blade community for the wanna-be communist guy above.

Where did I put that Mussolini picture? Oh, time to get a new avatar.

o estado se desmoronará na face de bannerlord, tovarischi. tenham paciência.

i wonder if they'll actually show multiplayer. i feel like the showcase would be less controlled if so, so i suspect more singleplayer footage. i just hope it involves more of the scenes and especially the khuzait portion of the map.

I'd be disappointed if it was only for multiplayer to be shown. It'll feel weary, and we'll learn nothing new. The real features are in SP, and I still got to know what that political system is all about.

ToyBoat said:
o estado se desmoronará na face de bannerlord, tovarischi. tenham paciência.

i wonder if they'll actually show multiplayer. i feel like the showcase would be less controlled if so, so i suspect more singleplayer footage. i just hope it involves more of the scenes and especially the khuzait portion of the map.

To be honest I think it's more likely they'll show multiplayer since they haven't talked much about it so far. Plus, there might be something new.

"why i think Bannerlord has a Heir System"
Blog 12 : The map is changed, not just by the activity of the player and NPCs but also by the passage of time. Changing seasons affect the weather and transform the landscape sending snow creeping south during winter. Significant gameplay effects, of the changing conditions, are felt in the effectiveness of different troop types. Cavalry and ranged units in particular will have a harder time in rain or snow. One major change from Warband is how time progresses; the yearly cycle has been shortened to twelve weeks, which adds more importance to the changing seasons and ageing of characters.
= why would TW us let dying ingame ?
the reason i can think is , that we can get Heirs

This Text from TW "You can take a lord prisoner, execute him, take his weapon, and kill his whole family with it"

and Lords can Die in Battle http://imgur.com/RXcAtag

and this "Hint"

"http://imgur.com/zSZGuFI"

sry bad english

Please pretty please, there are some UX things you need to think about for BL.

Unskippable splash screen. Do NEVER do that, this is one of the most annoying things in games.

The fact that we can't access any menu when we're dead on the field. You know, for instance, in VC campaign, when you die during a loooong battle, it's the 3rd time, and the only thing you want is to go back quickly to the menu to load your game, but you have to bear the LOOOOOOOOOONG dying animation, and the yelling of your ennemies afterward for more than 10 seconds, not even able to leave the fight, or quit and reload because when you press ESCAPE you access options instead of the main menu. This is so frustrating.

Still in VC, when the camera shows you something. For instance, Snothingham. At the start, the camera shows you where you need to go, it's the 5th time you need to do that, because the ennemies snipe you through the trees with a javelin in the face, and the camera stays like more than 10 seconds on the point you need to reach when you press K, WHILE THE GAME STILL RUNS, so ennemies can kill you from god knows where, while you can't do **** about it, not even raising your shield in the correct direction. And after that, you need to redo it TWICE because you can't save after meeting Ragnar's sons. Don't do that :/
About the camera, keep pressing a key to have the camera go where you need to go, but as soon as you release it, the camera goes back to you would fix that issue.

The way messages are displayed in combat and on the map. When the message is a bit long, it disapears too quickly, and I have to go back through the menus to see it, pausing the game. Having a dedicated "chat" window would fix that. But not too big, currently in 1920*1080, it covers a quarter of the screen, which is annoying in big battles, since I can't see what comes from my left anymore.

Those are only examples, please be careful with non-user-friendly features like that.

I want to be clear: this is not a rant, those are only tips on what I disliked in an awesome game, so you guys can make it even more awesome

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/biggest-games-of-e3-2017/2900-1270/

I wonder if Taleworlds will go in live show. There is no "Bannerlord" in the game list above. Or maybe Bannerlord doesn't seem as a Big Game by gamespot team.

Varrak said:

I wonder if Taleworlds will go in live show. There is no "Bannerlord" in the game list above. Or maybe Bannerlord doesn't seem as a Big Game by gamespot team.
Interesting, also according to the comments the list is not very polished.

Edit: Ah! The sentence of Ali Erkin, which is "While we missed our 2016 target, we are confident we’ll be able to get the game out in some form this year.” makes sense now with the E3 multiplayer event. "In some form" makes sense now. They will release the game only multi playable, release the full singleplayer in 2018. :/

HUMMAN said:
Varrak said:

Interesting, also according to the comments the list is not very polished.

Edit: Ah! The sentence of Ali Erkin, which is "While we missed our 2016 target, we are confident we’ll be able to get the game out in some form this year.” makes sense now with the E3 multiplayer event. "In some form" makes sense now. They will release the game only multi playable, release the full singleplayer in 2018. :/
Source of this sentence pls :smile:

Kehlian said:
Please pretty please, there are some UX things you need to think about for BL.

Unskippable splash screen. Do NEVER do that, this is one of the most annoying things in games.

The fact that we can't access any menu when we're dead on the field. You know, for instance, in VC campaign, when you die during a loooong battle, it's the 3rd time, and the only thing you want is to go back quickly to the menu to load your game, but you have to bear the LOOOOOOOOOONG dying animation, and the yelling of your ennemies afterward for more than 10 seconds, not even able to leave the fight, or quit and reload because when you press ESCAPE you access options instead of the main menu. This is so frustrating.

Still in VC, when the camera shows you something. For instance, Snothingham. At the start, the camera shows you where you need to go, it's the 5th time you need to do that, because the ennemies snipe you through the trees with a javelin in the face, and the camera stays like more than 10 seconds on the point you need to reach when you press K, WHILE THE GAME STILL RUNS, so ennemies can kill you from god knows where, while you can't do **** about it, not even raising your shield in the correct direction. And after that, you need to redo it TWICE because you can't save after meeting Ragnar's sons. Don't do that :/
About the camera, keep pressing a key to have the camera go where you need to go, but as soon as you release it, the camera goes back to you would fix that issue.

The way messages are displayed in combat and on the map. When the message is a bit long, it disapears too quickly, and I have to go back through the menus to see it, pausing the game. Having a dedicated "chat" window would fix that. But not too big, currently in 1920*1080, it covers a quarter of the screen, which is annoying in big battles, since I can't see what comes from my left anymore.

Those are only examples, please be careful with non-user-friendly features like that.

I want to be clear: this is not a rant, those are only tips on what I disliked in an awesome game, so you guys can make it even more awesome

Kudos for that

Kehlian said:

I agree that changing the way messages are displayed would be good, perhaps allowing us to customise text size and whereabouts it is displayed. Personally I currently prefer to disable all messages in battle. But you mention having to go back through menus to see these messages; I don't know if that was hyperbole or whether you are unaware of the message log being accessible with the 'L' key? As far as I can remember you just press 'L' to see the message log, whether in battle or on the world map .

"Attendees will experience Mount & Blade’s deep and intuitive combat system firsthand in an epic, large scale battle, featuring hundreds of on-screen combatants; supported by an all-new tailor made engine".

This sounds like this demo is going to be about a big battle(probably 500 men) and according to the last captured is a battle between vladians and aserai

JuanNieve said:
"Attendees will experience Mount & Blade’s deep and intuitive combat system firsthand in an epic, large scale battle, featuring hundreds of on-screen combatants; supported by an all-new tailor made engine".

This sounds like this demo is going to be about a big battle(probably 500 men) and according to the last captured is a battle between vladians and aserai
You know, that doesn't really matter to me, I don't want to watch the game, if I wanted to watch stuff I'd be in a film forum, or maybe a series one, not in a game forum... But, what can we do? Gotta wait for banthelord marketing stunts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom