Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kingdom Come looks awesome and I'm waiting for it but you won't be able to command hundreds of soldiers in battle. It will have a 'large battle' at most, you won't lead it and we don't even know the size of it. Bannerlord and KC:grin: are different games and will face different challenges, you cannot have for instance the same graphical quality in a game with 10 actors and another one with 300.

berkyx said:
i should put this here so taleworlds can see which product their competitors comes with *adding +7 years more to the release date lol*
edit: my 3rd replay and i can say this if bob ross was still alive he would cry damn this game looks good

Well, at least banners looking good compared to Bannerlord.
Kataphrakt said:
Facial animations are horrid. Combat is extremely clunky, hard and disorienting. Not even close to the amount of content Bannerlord has.
I regret paying for the beta, disappointing game.
Btw, from Gamestar article about Bannerlord: "While armor and weapons are detailed, the face animation and NPC gestures are very wooden" So, Bannerlord's facial animations not so good as well; for now.

berkyx said:
i should put this here so taleworlds can see which product their competitors comes with *adding +7 years more to the release date lol*

edit: my 3rd replay and i can say this if bob ross was still alive he would cry damn this game looks good
Meh, no long haired, disastrous bearded character, combat looks like The Witcher but in first person, no character creation (means you cant be Arnold Swacheneger in Tarzan), no multiplayer, no Khergit Master Race, no Gekokujo mod, and the most important thing: no harvesting season.
Looks like it will do a very nice game, but it wont have the MB magic.
Away with you, vile beggar!

PD: Kindly reminder that Bannerlord will have 6 different cultures, including at least 3 or more big Cities for each one (that you can siege and conquer), towns (where you can build nice castles), a whole set of weapons, armors and troops. Also bandits, taverns, companions, multiplayer, horses. Thats what 7 years of work made for bannerlord. Idk what you guys expect.

Nymeris said:
berkyx said:

Meh, no long haired, disastrous bearded character, combat looks like The Witcher but in first person, no character creation (means you cant be Arnold Swacheneger in Tarzan), no multiplayer, no Khergit Master Race, no Gekokujo mod, and the most important thing: no harvesting season.

PD: Kindly reminder that Bannerlord will have 6 different cultures, including at least 3 or more big Cities for each one (that you can siege and conquer), towns (where you can build nice castles), a whole set of weapons, armors and troops. Also bandits, taverns, companions, multiplayer, horses. Thats what 7 years of work made for bannerlord. Idk what you guys expect.

I nerded The Witcher and I still can't figure how you managed to compare the two combat systems. They're so enormously different they can't even be slightly similiar. It's not that hard to realize, just watch a video or two of Kingdom Come's combat and you'll see yourself.

Gab-AG. said:
Nymeris said:
berkyx said:

I nerded The Witcher and I still can't figure how you managed to compare the two combat systems. They're so enormously different they can't even be slightly similiar. It's not that hard to realize, just watch a video or two of Kingdom Come's combat and you'll see yourself.
The first part is just joke intended, ik they're different, but being serious, the medieval setting is quite similar (taking out the fantasy part obviously).
KC will be a pretty good game judging by gameplays, but in terms of innovation Bannerlord has way more to offer

At least there is a release date now for KC. Hope we at least get one for Bannerlord at EA. Also as everyone said the games are way too different to compare. I hope they both turn out great, not enough medieval games out there if you ask me.

Nymeris said:
Gab-AG. said:
Nymeris said:
berkyx said:

The first part is just joke intended, ik they're different, but being serious, the medieval setting is quite similar (taking out the fantasy part obviously).
KC will be a pretty good game judging by gameplays, but in terms of innovation Bannerlord has way more to offer

Ah sorry, I thought you were joking only in the harvesting season part. But yes, they'll never have a harvesting season. :wink:

warpowerfull said:
At least there is a release date now for KC. Hope we at least get one for Bannerlord at EA. Also as everyone said the games are way too different to compare. I hope they both turn out great, not enough medieval games out there if you ask me.
Well, cant argue with that, in the end, they're apple and oranges. I wish the same for both
Gab-AG. said:
warpowerfull said:
What if I told you the whole KC game takes place during the harvesting season?

Heathen, burn.
:shock:
Now I have to find a big hole and throw myself in

Nymeris said:
Gab-AG. said:
Nymeris said:
berkyx said:

Bannerlord and innovation... People want and are expecting Bannerlord to be roughly the same as Warband, I don't call that innovative. We barely know any new features. Those that we do know are cool but not that innovative. Crafting, 'crime system'.
KCD is a new game made from the ground up, with historical setting and visuals. The combat system hasn't been used before and it is as close as you can get in a video game to the real thing. And the game actually has a story and quests that can be solved in different ways. I'm sure i've missed a few points but I guess it's not that innovative?

I like both games for different reasons. Are these two games competitors? Yes, though the games are vastly different they are competitors because they adhere to the same niche market that likes the realistic medieval setting.

jackalj said:
Nymeris said:
Gab-AG. said:
Nymeris said:
berkyx said:

Bannerlord and innovation... People want and are expecting Bannerlord to be roughly the same as Warband, I don't call that innovative. We barely know any new features. Those that we do know are cool but not that innovative. Crafting, 'crime system'.
KCD is a new game made from the ground up, with historical setting and visuals. The combat system hasn't been used before and it is as close as you can get in a video game to the real thing. And the game actually has a story and quests that can be solved in different ways. I'm sure i've missed a few points but I guess it's not that innovative?

I like both games for different reasons. Are these two games competitors? Yes, though the games are vastly different they are competitors because they adhere to the same niche market that likes the realistic medieval setting.
Actually I wasnt trying to start an arguement, I just made a joke that went out of hand lol. Idgf, they both will be great games that I hope to play one day (if I get a nice computer to handle them). Also, idk why people care so much about the graphic part. I literally can play any game if it has good mechanics/lore/storyline/gameplay, the graphic is just adding. Take games like Battlefront, awesome graphics, 0 content

PD: good points there, I know when I lose :smile:

I saw that people were talking about Kingdom Come so I searched videos about it and came up with these two just to have a glimpse at the game:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a story-driven open-world RPG based on real locations and real events. You are a character defined by the game, you decide everything you do and you don't walk from town to town on a map like M&B. In M&B you also decide what to do and you also live in an open world but limited, you go wherever you want but you have to go through the map.
Comparing to Mount&Blade, the two games are completely different.
In my opinion, these are some advantages and disadvantages of KC (from the things I saw in the videos and regarding that the game is still in beta. Small details included):

Advantages:
  • A super realistic world with really nice graphics and animations (except for the fighting ones), the places, the rain fog, the water puddles, thunders, for example, are really good. Forests are the most realistic I've ever seen, something wich needs to be improved in M&B
  • You are able to enter houses without having to load them separately (In M&B to enter a tavern you have to "exit" the city, you can't just open the door and enter it)
  • Rotting food, after a while if you eat that food you might get sick
  • Stamina, for person and horse
  • An intro vídeo and story :fruity:
  • Looting dead bodies
  • Sleep/rest
  • Intriguing quests and dialogues. You have to think what's the best thing to ask first when talking to someone
  • An open world where you can explore every area (I'm not suggesting an open world map to M&B but in Warband the maps are too limited)
  • Swear words (makes it more realistic)
  • People working and doing their stuff, not just walking around
Disadvantages:
  • Fighting not even compared to M&B, it is slow and less practical. M&B is much better
  • Warband buying system is better
  • Too much talking and less acting. When doing quests you have to talk to several persons and conversations are very long
  • Rain drops don't exist
  • No blood stains on boodies (yet they appear in the character's sword)
  • You don't have a good pc? Sorry, can't play it
  • When sleeping, it takes a huge amount of time to do it because the game takes a lot of time to process everything that's happening
  • Does not have the ambience and feeling of M&B, which is unique and I love it
  • Big battles are not frequent, most of the fighting is just with a few guys
  • No character creation

So, overall, the game is more about solving quests, going on your own, not having to create an army, not having to make your own empire. Since it is more realistic it is more limited, compared to M&B. And I'm sure that battles, sieges and raids will be much more epic in Bannerlord.
Yet, KC looks really neat, if I had a nice pc I would definitely play it.

And talking about Bannerlord, will it have religions and spirituality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom