Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
e317_bl_announcement_screenshot.jpg
Oh my, those banners look lovely.

There are only two mods that I really want , clash of kings , its a very addictive mods and an Aztec civilization mod would be gold, imagine visiting the city of Tenochtitlan or rewriting history by defeating the spaniards , taking their weapons and invading spain , this is the most untapped mod genre around, the civilazations are countless, scenery and units would be countless and the idea would be fresh

cherac said:
There are only two mods that I really want , clash of kings , its a very addictive mods and an Aztec civilization mod would be gold, imagine visiting the city of Tenochtitlan or rewriting history by defeating the spaniards , taking their weapons and invading spain , this is the most untapped mod genre around, the civilazations are countless, scenery and units would be countless and the idea would be fresh

So the Astects would magically learn the thousant year old science behing building transatlantic wooden boats, how to cast and mine iron, how to produce white steel, how to manufacure gun powder, breed and domesticate horses, and then would sail across an uncharted ocean with a large enought army to invade a vastly more populous, formidable, european super power?

It is an untaped genre because it's quite uninmaginable for anyone with any historical knowledge of that time. Cortez conquered the mighty Astect Empire with just 500 men. He hardly had any casualties. The europeans were facing a bronze age civilization. What you are saying is like 15th century english feudal armies facing the modern United States military, and having the feudal armies winning the match, hahahahahahah

VictorF said:
cherac said:
It is an untaped genre because it's quite uninmaginable for anyone with any historical knowledge of that time. Cortez conquered the mighty Astect Empire with just 500 men. He hardly had any casualties.
Cortez also had thousands of Native warriors and disease on his side.

Also, http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Sunset_Invasion

VictorF said:
cherac said:

So the Astects would magically learn the thousant year old science behing building transatlantic wooden boats, how to cast and mine iron, how to produce white steel, how to manufacure gun powder, breed and domesticate horses, and then would sail across an uncharted ocean with a large enought army to invade a vastly more populous, formidable, european super power?

It is an untaped genre because it's quite uninmaginable for anyone with any historical knowledge of that time. Cortez conquered the mighty Astect Empire with just 500 men. He hardly had any casualties. The europeans were facing a bronze age civilization. What you are saying is like 15th century english feudal armies facing the modern United States military, and having the feudal armies winning the match, hahahahahahah

He likes Cozur's Clash of Kings, that says something about taste... (as a mod that mod specifically is one of the most craptastics available for M&B, sure, Who doesn't like GoT? But still, mod's bad as it could be) So, having this information, do you really think he'd have such a logic line-of-thought? Course not...

Cpt. Nemo said:
VictorF said:
cherac said:
It is an untaped genre because it's quite uninmaginable for anyone with any historical knowledge of that time. Cortez conquered the mighty Astect Empire with just 500 men. He hardly had any casualties.
Cortez also had thousands of Native warriors and disease on his side.

Also, http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Sunset_Invasion

Believe it or not, it's like bringing a gun to a stick fight... You can't, by any means, justify their defeat by adverse happenings or cheesy excuses... It was technology, as always...

I think the techonological advantage was not devastating, it was the morale shock made win, and sickness sustained it. With shinny armors and horses spanish were basically aliens for aztecs. Imagine you see an alien; even if you do not know its strength you would be afraid and escaped.

xdj1nn said:
Believe it or not, it's like bringing a gun to a stick fight... You can't, by any means, justify their defeat by adverse happenings or cheesy excuses... It was technology, as always...
I am not trying to justify the defeat of the local population. But the image of 500 shiny conquistadores single handedly slaughtering empires is untrue. While the plate armor, steel weapons, guns, and horses were wonderful advantages, Cortez's forces consisted of several thousand Spaniards and even more native allies. And again, smallpox killed off hundreds of thousands of Aztecs, which meant less food and even more diseases, which killed and weakened more Aztecs.

The Aztec empire was rotten from the inside, and the neighbors only needed some kind of inspiration to give them any hope of defeating their overlords.  Once that inspiration appeared, the Aztecs had no shortage of enemies to side with the Spaniards.  Disease, as stated, had a devastating impact on the culture, and morale had to be at a low ebb.  How do you hold an army together in the face of what clearly has to be some kind of divine retribution?

To put the weapons discrepancy in perspective, Aztec weapons for the most part were designed to cause bleeding, rendering the opponent helpless and often unconscious for capture and eventual sacrifice.  They were mostly of limited use against an armored opponent.  Spanish weapons were designed to kill, and the limited amount of Aztec protective gear was basically irrelevant against them.  Put 500 Spaniards in the forefront of an army, and the opposing center would be crushed.  The rest of the army would scatter in panic.

To me, tech gaps are a coward's tool, but it's the key for winning wars. I mean, the US has always won through such means, while we had some exceptions, like Vietnam, mostly it's the tech that ends up "having the louder voice"... (just translated an Brazilian expression, excuse me)

Without smallpox, and maybe without native allies, it would have taken longer, more resources and most likely more men, but it's still tech what allowed them to win... Remove tech from the table and you'd have 500 soft European a-holes with their heads on pikes... Truth is that Christian values implemented by the Catholic Church made most people soft and weak compared to polytheist cultures that worshiped war, for instance...

I'm not defending the Spaniards, I'm actually pointing out the obvious... You see, Christian values alone made both Saxons and Angles weak in a way which allowed for Viking invasions into England, even though, originally, both Angles and Saxons had the same origins as the Vikings themselves. Through cultural mix, the Christian Britons at that time-span became too soft... Why did the Vikings almost conquered the whole island? Well, because the tech was evenly matched, even though they were less evolved than the English nations...

Now, it's still completely insane to think that Aztec's could cross the sea in time to invade Spain... By the time they started to understand the tech they carried, well, Spain would've gathered enough forces to wipe them out before they finished a single boat.

Adorno said:
Please, everyone, ignore the above post, or this thread will go off topic for millennia.

Pfft, what if I ignore yours? HAH get ignored!

Just kidding, just kidding. But yes, it kinda went off topic already. Back on track though, if you zoom in on the banners you can see they look a bit meh, not exactly sure what it is. I could be completely wrong but they do look like they have a low number of polygons. Again, might be wrong. Talking about the red big banners on the left and right.

From a distance though, they look very good.

Gab-AG. said:
Just kidding, just kidding. But yes, it kinda went off topic already. Back on track though, if you zoom in on the banners you can see they look a bit meh, not exactly sure what it is. I could be completely wrong but they do look like they have a low number of polygons. Again, might be wrong. Talking about the red big banners on the left and right.

Maybe the lods haven't been fully polished yet.

The Bowman said:
Also, it looks like the I-pulled-this-lance-out-of-my-ass syndrome is gone. Now the soldiers visibly carry them on their backs.

Are you sure? Just look at the cavalryman in the bottom left corner. Lance goes through his chain-mail.

kraggrim ?️ said:
Gab-AG. said:

Maybe the lods haven't been fully polished yet.

Not sure, plenty of time to polish these details though. Besides, I'm happy with a low-poly crappy mess as long as it has physics. Don't wanna see woody, static meshes. ^^

Gab-AG. said:
Adorno said:
Please, everyone, ignore the above post, or this thread will go off topic for millennia.

Pfft, what if I ignore yours? HAH get ignored!

Don't know much but maybe when distance to object increase, engine automatically decreases the number of polygons and amount of details to maximise the performance without sacrificing image quality. In engine power video they mentioned something like this but i don't know what are the objects that this feature available for. Maybe it is just implemented for terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom