Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Well since he wont say otherwise I will be expecting "in some shape of form" release this year. Since he was allowed to say it in the past and wont say otherwise. Sorry for my dumb logic.
I think he said they want players to have it in their hands in some shape or form by the end of this year, but it was not a promise.

What I do not understand is, are they now going to implement the voices? Cause in some video you heard a guy talk and right after that they fought on some grasland. In the 30 minute demo when he confonted an enemy army they didn't talk. Is the immersion gone?

Also I am so happy the did other combat sounds than Warband. Sounds much cleaner.

Seriously though, we know there are delays, we know things never go as planned in a game development process. But this silence is killing me. I don't care if they say that the game won't be in our hand in any form, not even pre-alpha, by the end of the year. Of course I'd prefer to be able to play it as soon as possible, but really, it's not that important, I can wait.

I just want NEWS, I want to know where they are in the dev process, what are their plans, maybe see some new screenshots, even unfinished assets would be awesome. Hell, I'd even be glad if they just posted something like "we don't want to discuss features too much before release, so we won't talk about it", at this point.

Delays are ok, deadlines not achieved are perfectly fine and really everyone know it's common. But beeing totally mute to the community is not cool at all.

Alene said:
I think he said they want players to have it in their hands in some shape or form by the end of this year, but it was not a promise.
You are not helping. You are telling me things that I am already aware of . Until they do not say otherwise I will be expecting a "some shape of form" release this year. Because that is what they said and they did not say otherwise since then(ofc they talked about the full release being in 2017 but not about the "in some shape of form" release.).
Because you know if you have said something about a release and then you realize you can't get it done, you should say something before that "dead line" . It would not be nice if you would just remain silent and pretend like nothing has ever happened just because it was not a promise. What I am saying is " I am expecting the PR team to be more interactive with their community and not just remain silent."
Release of Warband on consoles should not be an excuse about why their PR is so silent.

Bloodbeag said:
it is a huge game and they owe you nothing
Oh yeah? Well the devs will disagree with you there .
https://youtu.be/Qe6g0_HRexw?t=12915

Ki-Ok Khan said:
I will be expecting a...

you are free to expect anything you like. As they are free to deliver info or the game when they are ready.

The only annoying thingy is when people keep asking for it over and over.

Not sure if you have little kids or brothers, but thats the same when you are on a long trip and they keep asking: "are we there yet?"  :razz:

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I will be expecting a...

you are free to expect anything you like. As they are free to deliver info or the game when they are ready.

The only annoying thingy is when people keep asking for it over and over.

Not sure if you have little kids or brothers, but thats the same when you are on a long trip and they keep asking: "are we there yet?"  :razz:
Yeah but the difference here is we do not know if we are actually going there.And I am asking "Where the hell are we going?"

hirovard said:
all they said was thanks and they appreciate the community, perhaps you should rewatch it
Perhaps you should rewatch it . To the end.

With regards to people talking about uniform colours, I have reason to believe that troops do not wear faction colours, instead they wear the colours of their lord. In the recent siege gameplay, it's the first time we see this, as previous gameplays have shown no colour on armour. Either coincidently or on purpose, the banner of each Lord in the siege gameplay, matched the colour scheme of the faction. I need to find my screenshots and I'll post them.
Edit-
wOTZRu5.jpg

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Alene said:
You are not helping. You are telling me things that I am already aware of . Until they do not say otherwise I will be expecting a "some shape of form" release this year. Because that is what they said and they did not say otherwise since then(ofc they talked about the full release being in 2017 but not about the "in some shape of form" release.).
Because you know if you have said something about a release and then you realize you can't get it done, you should say something before that "dead line" . It would not be nice if you would just remain silent and pretend like nothing has ever happened just because it was not a promise. What I am saying is " I am expecting the PR team to be more interactive with their community and not just remain silent."
Release of Warband on consoles should not be an excuse about why their PR is so silent.

Bloodbeag said:
it is a huge game and they owe you nothing
Oh yeah? Well the devs will disagree with you there .
https://youtu.be/Qe6g0_HRexw?t=12915

I think I understand what you mean.
TW not releasing the game, in let's say beta state, in 2017 and not communicating the delay to the community until 2017, would not be the "nicest" move.
Because they haven't exactly backtracked on their statements about a possible release until now, and it's already October.

But it could be worse and who knows what the next two months will bring.

Kehlian said:
I just want NEWS, I want to know where they are in the dev process, what are their plans, maybe see some new screenshots, even unfinished assets would be awesome. Hell, I'd even be glad if they just posted something like "we don't want to discuss features too much before release, so we won't talk about it", at this point.

Delays are ok, deadlines not achieved are perfectly fine and really everyone know it's common. But beeing totally mute to the community is not cool at all.
That's what I said.

AmateurHetman said:
With regards to people talking about uniform colours, I have reason to believe that troops do not wear faction colours, instead they wear the colours of their lord. In the recent siege gameplay, it's the first time we see this, as previous gameplays have shown no colour on armour. Either coincidently or on purpose, the banner of each Lord in the siege gameplay, matched the colour scheme of the faction. I need to find my screenshots and I'll post them.
Edit-
wOTZRu5.jpg

Well spotted. Looking back at some of the other videos there is certainly a lot of white fabric on troops, so seems you may be right.

I personally prefer that the troops coloring be determined mostly by the individual lord, the feudal system is emerging and national unity, especially militarily, is pretty scant.

This way, troops are also more easily distinguished during the civil wars that they promise us, and it still keeps foreign troops from looking too ridiculously out of place in an army made up mostly of a different faction's troops.

3THO said:
Beta in 2016 would be great Yess. But highly unlikely:sad:

I don't understand all these unnecessarily pessimistic comments. Why is it highly unlikely? What is the method for quantifying that? Based off of the information that they have provided there is both a chance that the beta will come out before the year end, and a chance that it will not. But there's no ground for trying to compare  either possibility as being significantly more likely than the other.

LonelyStep said:
3THO said:
Beta in 2016 would be great Yess. But highly unlikely:sad:

I don't understand all these unnecessarily pessimistic comments. Why is it highly unlikely? What is the method for quantifying that? Based off of the information that they have provided there is both a chance that the beta will come out before the year end, and a chance that it will not. But there's no ground for trying to compare  either possibility as being significantly more likely than the other.

The way I see it the chance that it won't be this year is higher.... First of all, in Q1 and Q2 of 2016 they talked about the beta and in Q3 and Q4 they simply refused to answer. This, to me, indicates they aren't as sure as they where if they can deliver. Secondly, it is october... the year only lasts another three months... so they should announce it really fast. Seems unlikely they will announce it only a few weeks in advance...

Why not? This is just a beta we're talking about. You don't need advertising and hype-build up for a beta test. I can find you more examples if you'd like, but lets look at the recent specimen of Battlefield 1.
Beta announced: August 15th
Beta launched: August 31st
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-dates
There you go, just two weeks, that was all they deemed necessary. I don't know if you've participated in many betas, but that sort of timeframe is highly typical.

Sir_Newton said:
I personally prefer that the troops coloring be determined mostly by the individual lord, the feudal system is emerging and national unity, especially militarily, is pretty scant.

This way, troops are also more easily distinguished during the civil wars that they promise us, and it still keeps foreign troops from looking too ridiculously out of place in an army made up mostly of a different faction's troops.

I have to say I agree, it would be better to have only lords colors, considering civil wars and stuff, I haven't thought of that.

I just don't want to see ridiculous multicolor armies anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom