Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MithrellaS said:
baca said:
https://steamdb.info/app/261550/history/

This one is contantly updated and it says beta testing as well...
I check that app every week lol. :grin:

Checking the forum should be enough. No need to go crazy by watching an app all day, that´s what the forum is for.  :wink:

Btw I thought I had a massive stroke when I read something about someone missing the closed beta entry. But then I realized that the post was revived by some idiot and was from 2009  :mrgreen:

Hey, does anybody know if, when one captures a castle or town that the villages/town etc will change it's culture to the faction that captured it?

Also, the soldiers you'll be able to recruit in the captured town/village, will they actually change to the faction that captured it?

Last but not least, if a lord defects or is being persuaded, will they than start recruiting men from their new faction?

these things bothered me and i hope that it'll be implemented.

EDIT:
Q: If you take over a faction for example -- a town, is the faction going to change over time or will it still be the same as Mount and Blade: Warband where the culture is the same and you produce the same troops?
A: The culture is location dependant so you get the troops from that area.

So we end up having a mix of everthing again mid to late game, really disappointed  :meh:

Suregon said:
Hey, does anybody know if, when one captures a castle or town that the villages/town etc will change it's culture to the faction that captured it?

Also, the soldiers you'll be able to recruit in the captured town/village, will they actually change to the faction that captured it?

Last but not least, if a lord defects or is being persuaded, will they than start recruiting men from their new faction?

The first two questions are essentially the same, and the answer is that the culture remains the same no matter which faction is in charge, so if you control a Battanian village as a Vlandian lord you will still only be able to raise Battanian troops there. This was confirmed in the Q&A session at the end of one of the PC Gamer Weekender videos in March.

For the last one, it must be that the lords will recruit from the new faction, as they will only have that faction's lands to recruit from, and they won't get automatically regenerating armies as they did in Warband. In Bannerlord the devs have often said that the AI has to follow the same rules as the player, having to have enough money for wages etc, and I believe that they will have to actually visit a village to gain troops as the player does. I could be wrong about that, I don't think that particular detail has been explicitly stated, but it would be ridiculous to have troops from their previous faction being recruited without the lord going back to those old lands.

I remember many lords in Warband keeping their original faction troops after defecting, but I don't think they could recruit new troops of their old faction.

November1983 said:
Checking the forum should be enough. No need to go crazy by watching an app all day, that´s what the forum is for.  :wink:

Btw I thought I had a massive stroke when I read something about someone missing the closed beta entry. But then I realized that the post was revived by some idiot and was from 2009  :mrgreen:

Yeah, sorry, that was me, thought it was funny but I got instantly warned by the admins for posting in old threads, definitely won't try again.

I thought we could institute our faction's culture into a settlement overtime? That might be wishful thinking though. Makes it easier to find types of troops when the culture is static I guess.

I know this will never happen, but for recruitment I'd really find it interesting if you could only recruit factional troops in your kingdoms starting settlements, but got somewhat crappier and less numerous auxiliary troops from everywhere else. These auxiliaries would be like light to moderately armoured spearmen and archers which varied per region, which you could use to bolster your army with, but not win a war.

It would provide an incentive to take core provinces off an enemy and make the super elite overpowered units like swadian knights feel more special. It would also somewhat reduce the weird ugly mishmash armies that plagued warband, and reduce the inherent advantage the player has in being able to pick and choose the best soldiers in the whole world just by grabbing random peasants.

Like for example, the ancient iberians, gauls and britons had a very specific way of fighting, but when the romans conquered them these fighting patterns disappeared forever because the society which produced them was disturbed or destroyed.

Instead of Calradia, the next installment of Mount and Blade should include the Medieval World with all its countries and major cities.  Far more compelling.  Imagine that, Mount and Blade official expansion with the whole of Eurasia and the Middle East/North Africa.  Everything from Samurais to Indian elephants to Vikings!

landpirate said:
Instead of Calradia, the next installment of Mount and Blade should include the Medieval World with all its countries and major cities.  Far more compelling.  Imagine that, Mount and Blade official expansion with the whole of Eurasia and the Middle East/North Africa.  Everything from Samurais to Indian elephants to Vikings!
That won't happen. Plenty of mods will do that though.

jacobhinds said:
I know this will never happen, but for recruitment I'd really find it interesting if you could only recruit factional troops in your kingdoms starting settlements, but got somewhat crappier and less numerous auxiliary troops from everywhere else. These auxiliaries would be like light to moderately armoured spearmen and archers which varied per region, which you could use to bolster your army with, but not win a war.

It would provide an incentive to take core provinces off an enemy and make the super elite overpowered units like swadian knights feel more special. It would also somewhat reduce the weird ugly mishmash armies that plagued warband, and reduce the inherent advantage the player has in being able to pick and choose the best soldiers in the whole world just by grabbing random peasants.

Like for example, the ancient iberians, gauls and britons had a very specific way of fighting, but when the romans conquered them these fighting patterns disappeared forever because the society which produced them was disturbed or destroyed.

That sounds like a good idea. As you say though, we probably won't see anything radically different regarding recruitment. Still, mods...

landpirate said:

Unless you want entire continents to be reduced to generic clones, expect this game to be about 2TB in size and take five hours to load.

We could also see some faction colors. I hated how in most mods, there were no color scheme for factions (thinking about you, Floris è_é)

Dark ages for viking conquest (although a great mod) also removed the whole color scheme that was intended by the original DLC's devs, and replaced the many different armor models by some generic "only-one" armor per faction instead, that was too poor :/.

For instance, we could see on Swadians, that seem inspired by european/roman soldiers, the main color of their faction on their tabard, covering half or 3/4 of it, and the other half or 1/4 could be the house/lord's colors.
Something like in Chivalry, where you have to have the colors of the faction you play, but you still get some freedom about the pattern, and some color on your tabard too.

Like Western Vladians would be mainly red, but with the lord's color on it, we could easily distinguish them from the battanian's, who would be green + another color. Obviously, the faction color would have to be the most visible, the main one, otherwise any red lord in the battanian army would look like a green vlandian lord.

I think this system would allow some consistence in a faction, but would also keep the lord color's, which is always cool to see our own colors on banners and armors.
This way, your battanian troops you recruited as a Vlandian, would still have some consistence in their armor scheme with the rest of your army too, and you wouldn't end up with some really ugly multicolor army..

Also, armor meshes, PLEASE... I want to see more than one poor armor model per faction for a tier. I want choice ! It's really good that we can add cloaks and pants/armor look like it's really customizable, though.

Sorry if the english isn't clear enough, I did my best

I hope there will be more advanced formations. I just came across this Chinese  developed game called War Rage and it shows units in a testudo formation that i would love to use with a Calradic army. Check the pre-alpha video out

Kehlian said:
We could also see some faction colors. I hated how in most mods, there were no color scheme for factions (thinking about you, Floris è_é)

Dark ages for viking conquest (although a great mod) also removed the whole color scheme that was intended by the original DLC's devs, and replaced the many different armor models by some generic "only-one" armor per faction instead, that was too poor :/.

For instance, we could see on Swadians, that seem inspired by european/roman soldiers, the main color of their faction on their tabard, covering half or 3/4 of it, and the other half or 1/4 could be the house/lord's colors.
Something like in Chivalry, where you have to have the colors of the faction you play, but you still get some freedom about the pattern, and some color on your tabard too.

Like Western Vladians would be mainly red, but with the lord's color on it, we could easily distinguish them from the battanian's, who would be green + another color. Obviously, the faction color would have to be the most visible, the main one, otherwise any red lord in the battanian army would look like a green vlandian lord.

I think this system would allow some consistence in a faction, but would also keep the lord color's, which is always cool to see our own colors on banners and armors.
This way, your battanian troops you recruited as a Vlandian, would still have some consistence in their armor scheme with the rest of your army too, and you wouldn't end up with some really ugly multicolor army..

Also, armor meshes, PLEASE... I want to see more than one poor armor model per faction for a tier. I want choice ! It's really good that we can add cloaks and pants/armor look like it's really customizable, though.

I really hope armours don't look like they do in For Honor.
for-honor-ubisoft.jpg
The minion things being copy and pasted with those colours looks horrible imo. I dont know if that colour design is what you would want but I would rather factions being identified by unique armour designs than colour.

Also about formations, I doubt we'll get that testudo as it probably isn't possible with the shield movements. But working reliable formations is likely the thing I want more than anything right now, more than coop and good politics. It seems that they can have the AI move in unison pretty well, now to fight in it. They said that they made them want to stay in formation https://youtu.be/Qe6g0_HRexw?t=12422 but it still seems like a cluster. Hopefully they will still improve on it or maybe it was chaotic cause they charged. But in the fight they should hold they ground more instead of running around. And if they are in combat they should use their shields for once. Spearman behind in a formation could be aggressive and stab over them.

But it's very hard to make armour designs recognisable in motion when they're <100 pixels wide on the screen, and it doesn't look very coherent when there are lots of troops in a small screen-space.

In warband they used colours to an extent, like vaegirs being beige/brown and sarranids being yellow, and it helped for instant identification at long distances. Even though a lot of the armour in vanilla warband looks a bit silly, the colour design on it is very intelligently done most of the time.

TheWarArmoury said:
Kehlian said:

I really hope armours don't look like they do in For Honor.
for-honor-ubisoft.jpg
The minion things being copy and pasted with those colours looks horrible imo. I dont know if that colour design is what you would want but I would rather factions being identified by unique armour designs than colour.

Well it's close, but that's not it. Everyone on your screen has the same armor. That's not what I meant, I was only talking about color patterns, but the armor can be different. Think Medieval 2 Total War, for instance.

38f98001eb88890b3cdd4d96c191907b.jpg

915172b654be_medieval_ii_8_.jpg
Just add small parts of the armors to be Lord's colors.

It would also be accurate and more coherent. Camouflage was actually not used in standard armies before the first world war, if I don't say any bull****. I'm not sure about that, but it was wayyy after the medieval Era, that much I'm sure.
Also, on screen color is more recognizable than mesh. Especially at long distances (all the LoD models look almost the same).

Also this way, your foreign troops wouldn't look too much different from your standard army. You wouldn't have your red Vlandians with beige Sarranids, for instance, but everyone wearing red and your color, still having THEIR armor style, which would still leave a lot of the flavour of the troops.

Kehlian said:
Also this way, your foreign troops wouldn't look too much different from your standard army. You wouldn't have your red Vlandians with beige Sarranids, for instance, but everyone wearing red and your color, still having THEIR armor style, which would still leave a lot of the flavour of the troops.
That's a good point. Although never was a problem for me as whatever faction I choose to play is the only one safe from genocide :twisted:
I guess it is just personal preference. I get a cartoony vibe when I see red team vs blue team. Especially how vibrant the colours seem, the only things that clean looking would be banners, shields and tabards. But I understand it for a gameplay stand point, but the circles above the heads is good enough for me.

jacobhinds said:
In warband they used colours to an extent, like vaegirs being beige/brown and sarranids being yellow, and it helped for instant identification at long distances. Even though a lot of the armour in vanilla warband looks a bit silly, the colour design on it is very intelligently done most of the time.
That system worked for me. But every soldier on the field dyed to their factions colours is a bit much

TheWarArmoury said:
Kehlian said:
That's a good point. Although never was a problem for me as whatever faction I choose to play is the only one safe from genocide :twisted:
I guess it is just personal preference. I get a cartoony vibe when I see red team vs blue team. Especially how vibrant the colours seem, the only things that clean looking would be banners, shields and tabards. But I understand it for a gameplay stand point, but the circles above the heads is good enough for me.

I would also prefer darker colors, but as we have seen in the siege videos, it's gonna be flashy :/
Anyway, modding armors and textures on warband is pretty easy. They say it's going to be even easier with their mod tools, so I think that'd be one of the first thing I'd do :smile:

AmateurHetman said:
Do we know anything about that turkish site/magazine that supposedly got to play bannerlord?
They did not get to play the game . They got an offer from Ali Erkin (Managing Director of Taleworlds) to go and test the game. We do not know if they been to test yet or not.
No worries tho I am following their website to see if they ever go to testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom