Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LonelyStep said:
Why not? This is just a beta we're talking about. You don't need advertising and hype-build up for a beta test. I can find you more examples if you'd like, but lets look at the recent specimen of Battlefield 1.
Beta announced: August 15th
Beta launched: August 31st
https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-1-beta-dates
There you go, just two weeks, that was all they deemed necessary. I don't know if you've participated in many betas, but that sort of timeframe is highly typical.

Ok sir, you proved me wrong! I will join your optimism! :smile:

3THO said:
Ok sir, you proved me wrong! I will join your optimism! :smile:

Lol, I don't know that I would go so far as to say I'm optimistic. Like I said, there is a perfectly good chance that the beta won't come out this year and a perfectly good chance that it will. I won't be surprised one way or the other quite frankly.

I was under the impression that there's generally a small amount of closed external testing, then a larger closed external test, then open testing. So if they're not having any external testing atm then it could be a fair while before we get our hands on it.

I could be speaking a load of ****e here though :smile:.

kraggrim said:
I was under the impression that there's generally a small amount of closed external testing, then a larger closed external test, then open testing. So if they're not having any external testing atm then it could be a fair while before we get our hands on it.

I could be speaking a load of **** here though :smile:.

I don't know whether you are or not either :grin: but if your information were correct, that would at least be a factual reason for being worried.

kraggrim said:
I was under the impression that there's generally a small amount of closed external testing, then a larger closed external test, then open testing.

that is not a rule. A small company usually goes between those phases, with the "only family and friends" around the alpha or close beta stages.

If they have enough people on the team they may decide to to skip the close beta (with outside people). They have 60+ people, right? And a College to hire a bunch of temps if they need extra hands to try to break the game with random keystrokes

jump, jump, jump and try fall off the scene
run around and try to get stuck
etc
:mrgreen:

in short: it depends on them really.

before anyone asks: I also want to beta test the game this year  :razz:, I would be quite happy with custom battles mode only (couple factions, few troops types, non siege battles) so we can start to see how combat feels

warning: if annoying level reaches level 9 they will release the beta on Dec 30th... with only one map, that is a tavern, with only one npc, that is the dude you go against on ONE board game only. Currently we are at level 7.
(board games beta!)

Kehlian said:
Sir_Newton said:
I personally prefer that the troops coloring be determined mostly by the individual lord, the feudal system is emerging and national unity, especially militarily, is pretty scant.

This way, troops are also more easily distinguished during the civil wars that they promise us, and it still keeps foreign troops from looking too ridiculously out of place in an army made up mostly of a different faction's troops.

I have to say I agree, it would be better to have only lords colors, considering civil wars and stuff, I haven't thought of that.

I just don't want to see ridiculous multicolor armies anymore
I'm for a variety of clothes.
But I am against flags over their heads :smile:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.msg8499972.html#msg8499972

kalarhan said:
warning: if annoying level reaches level 9 they will release the beta on Dec 30th... with only one map, that is a tavern, with only one npc, that is the dude you go against on ONE board game only. Currently we are at level 7.
(board games beta!)

They can run a boardgame tournament for early proper beta entry :grin:.

Yaga said:
Kehlian said:
I just want NEWS, I want to know where they are in the dev process, what are their plans, maybe see some new screenshots, even unfinished assets would be awesome. Hell, I'd even be glad if they just posted something like "we don't want to discuss features too much before release, so we won't talk about it", at this point.
Delays are ok, deadlines not achieved are perfectly fine and really everyone know it's common. But beeing totally mute to the community is not cool at all.
That's what I said.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
What I am saying is " I am expecting the PR team to be more interactive with their community and not just remain silent."
Release of Warband on consoles should not be an excuse about why their PR is so silent.
Totally agree to what has been said above. I, for one, am not frustrated over the time taken for release. As many will agree, we all want a polished product. However the lack of regular updates is what upsets me. And this is not like we are 1-2 years from when the game was announced. Its been a staggering four years! There have been what, less than 30 blogs on their sites and 4 - 5 videos posted (admit it which many of us find an excuse to watch over and over again  :shifty: ). It would be worth while to keep the community updated with lets say monthly posts or screens from development. Not necessary to provide functionality which they want to unveil later but something related to what has been already released. Engagement with the community is the best way to maintain the hype surrounding Bannerlord.
(no offence or disrespect to any dev or member)

baca said:
https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade/status/783162359577767937

this is pain
At least now we know. I am not even mad that they can not deliver it. As long as they inform us.

Pilum said:
Next blog about multiplayer please?

nah, how about a blog on modding tools and how players will install/add mini-mods instead? :razz:

(something that affects every player... SP, MP, casual, hardcore, modder, non modder, ...)

While I am coming late to the party, its really nice to see that sieges are getting stuff added.

Calradians will have learnt to raise more than 1 ladder or attack from 1 siege tower at a time. Its a testament to the our times that in some hundred years the people of Calradia will have degenerated into storming castles using 1 siege tower all together or at best use 2 ladders, placed next to each other. Despite other advancements in arms and armor.

So essentially I am thrilled to see sieges get some more work and that it will give us a bit more choice in how to conduct it. I hope we'll get an option to build mines under walls and so on, as well. But even we don't, I'll be happy with this. :smile:

Gurkhal said:
in some hundred years the people of Calradia will have degenerated

at the end of the campaign the black plague will destroy the land. 50% of the population will die in less than 5 years. In the chaos, mutiny and civil war that will follow all the books will be burned. People that had the knowledge on warfare and engineer will be gone.

next generations will have to start over

DLC confirmed: MB2 The Reaper's Due  :twisted:

(that is the name of a DLC for CK2 in case someone missed the joke)

Thanks TW for makin' the hard call to spend more time/money in game development. In spite of general noises from people, I'm sure most can appreciate that you want the product to ship in a good state. Also it's understandable given the surrounding climate that have no doubt effected game development negatively in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom