Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narlan said:
I hate laptops with a non justifiable passion
It's overpriced/under-permormant, non customisable, easy to break, the screen is a pain to fix. Get a 300€ laptop for studies, buy a 1500€ desktop beast to play the allmighty Bannerlord. Don't you dare alt-F4-ragequit on a laptop, by fear of breaking the plaspoop keeboard.

Oh come on, laptops are not that bad.

So far we saw most of the mechanics of town scenes, how the economy works, pitched battles and skirmishes, smiting, trading and influence bargaining, the world editor, the basic faction characteristics, the world map and, finally, sieges. So, I gotta ask, what else is there to do? Is it right to assume all the core features are done and just need a little polishing?

Lust, what is being done right now? Is the game finished and taleworlds now is just bug-smashing and fine-tuning? Is there any feature that still demands developing?

Kragen said:
VictorF said:
Kragen said:
Multiplayer.

meh. waste of time.  :meh:
Singleplayer is kinda fun but becomes boring after a few hundred hours so i hope multiplayer will be stronkest

Absolutely. The both Singleplayer and Multiplayer have their unique gameplay experiences. Bannerlord won't be Singleplayer only game, nor Multiplayer only game, but both. And i think Taleworlds knows the potential of the e-sport gaming. My expectation for different Multiplayer gamemods are so high.

I seriously can't wait for the mods, sieging the red keep , and fighting Dany's dragons ,unsullied and dothraki , getting captured by the brotherhood without banners , and taking winterfel and marrying Sansa stark . Or maybe I simply defeat Dany in a quest and marry her, I hope we can marry female lords right?

cherac said:
I seriously can't wait for the mods, sieging the red keep , and fighting Dany's dragons ,unsullied and dothraki , getting captured by the brotherhood without banners , and taking winterfel and marrying Sansa stark . Or maybe I simply defeat Dany in a quest and marry her, I hope we can marry female lords right?

Barf

Maybe all of you would like to have these  features in order to improve immersion (sorry for my english):
- killable lords and heirs (genealogical trees evolving with births and deaths);
- as a king assigning fiefs and castles to your nobles;
- as a king assigning titles (for ex,. lord of the eastern mark, lord commander of the army) to your lord, and relative banner, making difference between them with all consequences related (a Lord disappointed by your choices could decide to betray you);
- as a king making BATTLEPLANS when attacking an enemy faction (and as a lord executing battleplans). For example " My Lords X,and W join the party of Lord Y, Lord of the western Mark, leading assault to that city, Lords A and B defend the capital with the Lord Protector, Lord K. The others behind my banner to that city". Amazing. More tactical. Immersive. Maybe not simple to improve.
- as a commander of an army, assigning titles to your companions (commander of cavalry, commander of your personal guard).
- soldier hails and kneelings  before battle as you pass in front of them;
- customizable castles and cities (a dream),  related to the possibility for modders to RECREATE places as Edoras, Winterfell, Riverrun etc. Not simple, but really amazing!
Are any of these features been improved already?

ragnarlothbrok89 said:
Maybe all of you would like to have these  features in order to improve immersion (sorry for my english):
- as a king assigning fiefs and castles to your nobles;
- customizable castles and cities (a dream),  related to the possibility for modders to RECREATE places as Edoras, Winterfell, Riverrun etc. Not simple, but really amazing!
Are any of these features been improved already?

The first suggested feature is in Warband already, how could you miss it? You assigned newly captured fiefs to your lords and companions.
As for the second one.. in Bannerlord we will get custom villages that we can enhance with castles, mines, stables and many other things that make appearance on map (and hopefully in battle) and in case of castles - we will see them, use them, storm them 100% guarantee in battle.

ragnarlothbrok89 said:
- as a king assigning titles (for ex,. lord of the eastern mark, lord commander of the army) to your lord, and relative banner, making difference between them with all consequences related (a Lord disappointed by your choices could decide to betray you);

Eh, marshal title will make a return, most likely, however community manager in one of the interviews said that lords won't have any special titles no matter what kind of land they hold (i.e. town vs castle or both types for that matter).

ragnarlothbrok89 said:
- as a king making BATTLEPLANS!!!!1111!!!

P7utHCk.jpg
  :fruity:

I just have 2 vague requests for Bannerlord; More diverse gameplay, and expand the **** out of multiplayer and modding.

More diverse game-play; Warband always boiled down into the same path; Kill bandits/looters, get noticed, fight for lord, get fiefs, form faction, conquer world.
That's exciting the first time, but there is literally nothing else to do in the game. In Bannerlord I hope we see the opportunity to become a bandit king, to loot and pillage the world. Or maybe become the leading mercenary, being in charge of a knightly order or the most extensive mercenary companies in Calradia. How about saving the empire and becoming Emperor? Why not expand the tournament system, so much so that you go through the old empire rising through various tournament ranks til you play in the grand coliseums we've seen, alone or with companions (anyone play the old Lucasarts game Gladius? oh nostalgia) I mean it's perfect for Mount and Blade. We've also seen interest from TW in expanding diplomacy so there are more options to expansion than "Surrender or Die".

Onto Multiplayer; It will take time, but I hope Bannerlord expands beyond the variety we already see in Warband, I mean already we've seen incredibly creative stuff such as PW which is basically a MMO in Mount and Blade, Nord Invasion, cRPG, etc. I hope that the modability of Bannerlord allows for these mods (and future mods) to be way less obtuse and have many more QoL features that are currently impossible to implement, one being how hard it is to actually start on these servers because a lot of functions in mods like PW are buggy and... odd .If M/b multiplayer turned into a lobby to play totally different online games, I'd be happy. I'd be even happier if the server limits were expanded from 200 to something crazy like 1,000 instead.
At this point I'm just writing down my thoughts, anyone else share these wishes?

I have a good suggestion for a catchy presentation of the game :

Bannerlord : a medieval board games warefare simulation. Incarn a noble player, and with your loyal companions, join a complex simulation of tournament all across Calradia. Play against lords for glory and fortune, win the heart of a lady and give to your name a posterity to carry your achievements. If money is not enough, bet on lands and armies to increase your power. Then, when the time has come, raise your banner and walk to the battlefield, where you and your mighty army will play board-games against the opposite army in a huge and epic tournament for domination.

Bannerlord? I want BoardLord

Speaking of, I plan on winning my first fief in a high stakes game with a Lord. I'll offer up some multi-thousand coin offer in exchange for a fief. Will more than likely be second fief as I will need to get a lordship first so not everyone in Calradia is after me.

Could you imagine a Lord having to explain that to their King?

"Lord Grainwad, could you please explain to me why Praven is now under the control of some 'Smurf' Fellow?"

"Well you see my King, I may or may not have been really drunk and lost a board game in which I gambled the town."

*King Harlaus has indicted Lord Grainwad for treason. Rumor has it he has fled to X faction.*

I could envision somebody simply playing chess with a lord or king and gaining all their land that way.

Like Age of Empires 2.  :cool:

What kind of gaming computer should I get them?? And don't tell me to build one cuz I don't know how to do that ****. I'd rather get something prebuilt or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom