Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we can have our own manors/villas in Bannerlord (perhaps as a mod).

If you are tired of all the fighting, you can just retreat to your big 50km² manor scene and go exploring, hunting or work the fields and make some extra income that way.
You could also build your manor yourself (base building).

Pilum said:
I hope we can have our own manors/villas in Bannerlord (perhaps as a mod).

If you are tired of all the fighting, you can just retreat to your big 50km² manor scene and go exploring, hunting or work the fields and make some extra income that way.
You could also build your manor yourself (base building).

Since construction was brought up...
Wouldn't it be absolutely amazing to actually get the chance to order the construction of extra towers, battlements and reinforced gates on your settlement and actually HAVING IT SHOWN ON THE SIEGE AND CITY SCENES? I mean, it's an unlikely dream, but one of my dearest for M&B.

why give the order , when they can make us build the castle ourselves , like the weapon crafting , we can simply arrange parts into unique fortresses , also during construction we can visit it and see progress.

cherac said:
why give the order , when they can make us build the castle ourselves , like the weapon crafting , we can simply arrange parts into unique fortresses , also during construction we can visit it and see progress.

That would be even more awesome... But I'm afraid of dreaming too big and having my hopes crushed.

VictorF said:
cherac said:

That would be even more awesome... But I'm afraid of dreaming too big and having my hopes crushed.
That's what I was hoping too but im afraid it isnt posible. Or they aren't doing it. Someone should mod it in, feck.

TerrorFishki said:
While that sounds like a neat idea, what worries me about it is that it seems that troops are made to be more expendable in BL.

In the siege and weekender videos it really seems like troops are cut down a lot easier, including higher tier troops with, what seems like, good armour.

What could perhaps be neat though is a random event that would come up where you talk to a soldier after a battle and a small story comes up about how he has been with you for so long, and then you can choose to make him a companion, with a randomized or previously made name.
Though seeing as TW already said there will be 60(?) companions I'm guessing that's more of an idea for a mod.

The reason the troops were getting slaughtered left and right was because the player had an ungodly amount of damage assigned to him, likely through insane stats.  If you watch the damage lists, he's inflicting 200+ damage on almost every hit except where the player seems to just nick someone or almost miss.  In addition, the player health was constantly reloading.  Why?  So the player didn't DIE during the middle of their feature presentation.  The point of the video was to show off features of the game, but as we all know in M&B....**** happens.  Arrows come out of no where and take you in the eye...now those could have been rocks...ballisti...burning OIL...so many more ways for the player to die.  So they made him a God so that they could show everything off.  I wouldn't hold what you saw in the video as a direct representation of gameplay since it was feature-centric.

All the siege engines and whatnot is precisely what is worrying. Troops were getting slaughtered without player's intervention, just look at defenders mowing player's army with arrows. The battle hardly started and there was already two dead soldiers - one pretty heavily equipped - by the machine player used. What happened by the gate just shows that there is many more one-hit-kills in sieges and that's not really friendly toward killable companions. Sure, it may hit right in the feelings first time. Then fifth time. But by fiftieth time you'll just get pissed off by the fact that you have to train yet another pathfinder :razz:

Worldsprayer said:
TerrorFishki said:
While that sounds like a neat idea, what worries me about it is that it seems that troops are made to be more expendable in BL.

In the siege and weekender videos it really seems like troops are cut down a lot easier, including higher tier troops with, what seems like, good armour.

What could perhaps be neat though is a random event that would come up where you talk to a soldier after a battle and a small story comes up about how he has been with you for so long, and then you can choose to make him a companion, with a randomized or previously made name.
Though seeing as TW already said there will be 60(?) companions I'm guessing that's more of an idea for a mod.

The reason the troops were getting slaughtered left and right was because the player had an ungodly amount of damage assigned to him, likely through insane stats.  If you watch the damage lists, he's inflicting 200+ damage on almost every hit except where the player seems to just nick someone or almost miss.  In addition, the player health was constantly reloading.  Why?  So the player didn't DIE during the middle of their feature presentation.  The point of the video was to show off features of the game, but as we all know in M&B....**** happens.  Arrows come out of no where and take you in the eye...now those could have been rocks...ballisti...burning OIL...so many more ways for the player to die.  So they made him a God so that they could show everything off.  I wouldn't hold what you saw in the video as a direct representation of gameplay since it was feature-centric.
I really wonder how many people who wanted killable Lords will start *****ing when they are killed by, say boiling oil in one of those murder holes.  I imagine the words "GAME OVER", would hinder a really good siege.

Killable Companions/player should definitely be toggle-able. I'm not certain if killable lords should also be optional, depending on if they have a system where lords have children and heirs or if the king just promotes some random knight to lordship (like the player should be able to do - like many others here I am absolutely in love with the idea of high-ranking troops randomly receiving names and becoming companions.)

Personally, esp. if there will be random troop promotion to companionship, I know I will be toggling killing companions off bc I don't like grinding/get attached.

I have a question - it's a totaly diferent conversation. It's about the map size. I am pretty sure that many have speculated that the map will be bigger, but, by comparing both map, Bannerlord does not look much bigger. I have made a little comparaison between both maps, and keep in mind that in Bannerlord, the number of potential locations is going to be hugely greater than in Warband. However, this superiority is caused by the fact that castle can be attached to villages, and both villages and castle will occupy the same spot on the map. So... look at the comparaison (keep in mind that I count everything on the map, at a village close I may have forgoten some locations).

Warband / Calradia map comparaison

Warband Swadia : 4 major cities ; 24 villages, 10 castles.
Warband Nords : 3 major cities ; 14 villages ; 6 castles.
Warband Khergit Khanate : 4 major cities ; 14 villages ; 7 castles.
Warband Sarranids : 4 majors cities ; 20 villages ; 8 castles.
Warband Vaegirs : 3 major cities ; 18 villages ; 8 castles.
Warband Rhodoks : 3 major cities ; 20 villages ; 8 castles.

Bannerlord Vlandia : 7 major cities ; 23 fiefs (village and potential castle).
Bannerlord Sturgia : 5 major cities ; 15 fiefs.
Bannerlord Khuzait : 5 major cities ; 18 fiefs.
Bannerlord Aserai : 6 major cities ; 20 fiefs.
Bannerlord Battania : 4 major cities ; 13 fiefs.
Bannerlord East Empire : 7 major cities ; 22 fiefs.
Bannerlord West Empire : 6 major cities ; 17 fiefs.
Bannerlord central empire : 6 major cities ; 18 fiefs.
Bannerlord neutral locations : 46 locations.

Total
Warband - 21 major cities ; 157 other locations (total : 178 holds).
Bannerlord – 46 major cities ; 146 other fiefs  (total : 192 holds).

So, in Warband, there is less major cities, and this is were Bannerlord shines : there is more than twice as more major locations !!! If we count separatly castle and villages, there is 338 scenes in total (not counting subscenes like taverns) , and I don't count the neutral locations (in black). In Warband, there is 178 locations. In that way, Bannerlord is much bigger. But in matter of real map size, this is more complicated. It looks bigger from above, but there is not much more locations to hold (only 14 more), how is that possible ? Are the locations more spaced from each other ? Are the neutral location the cause of the greater size ?

Narlan said:
I have a question - it's a totaly diferent conversation. It's about the map size. I am pretty sure that many have speculated that the map will be bigger, but, by comparing both map, Bannerlord does not look much bigger. I have made a little comparaison between both maps, and keep in mind that in Bannerlord, the number of potential locations is going to be hugely greater than in Warband. However, this superiority is caused by the fact that castle can be attached to villages, and both villages and castle will occupy the same spot on the map. So... look at the comparaison (keep in mind that I count everything on the map, at a village close I may have forgoten some locations).

Total

So, in Warband, there is less major cities, and this is were Bannerlord shines : there is more than twice as more major locations !!! If we count separatly castle and villages, there is 338 scenes in total (not counting subscenes like taverns) , and I don't count the neutral locations (in black). In Warband, there is 178 locations. In that way, Bannerlord is much bigger. But in matter of real map size, this is more complicated. It looks bigger from above, but there is not much more locations to hold (only 14 more), how is that possible ? Are the locations more spaced from each other ? Are the neutral location the cause of the greater size ?

Well... I do believe this somewhat reflects the historical period they are taking inspiration from. The number of settlements may not be so different, but instead of small villages and castles we get a lot more cities, like at ancient times. At the end of the roman empire, cities were progressively emptied as people searched for safety and protection on the countryside... Large settlements became the exception instead of the rule. I think its just epic that we will be playing in a more urbanized and populated Calradia instead of the medievaal one we got used to.

Narlan said:

Keep in mind that the map we got was from some time into the game, so it's likely that some factions will be bigger/smaller at the start of the game.

Narlan said:
So, in Warband, there is less major cities, and this is were Bannerlord shines : there is more than twice as more major locations !!! If we count separatly castle and villages, there is 338 scenes in total (not counting subscenes like taverns) , and I don't count the neutral locations (in black). In Warband, there is 178 locations. In that way, Bannerlord is much bigger. But in matter of real map size, this is more complicated. It looks bigger from above, but there is not much more locations to hold (only 14 more), how is that possible ? Are the locations more spaced from each other ? Are the neutral location the cause of the greater size ?e

I suppose you are right about the spacing. Perhaps we haven't seen the true depth of each location as well. The game has a quest line now.

Let me take... hmmmm.... *thinking*... Viking conquest. England (not counting Ireland or Denmark, etc) is smaller than Calradia. Yet it felt as rich and diverse (from a location pov). I sometimes spent 10h + in Wales, because I had enough to do there. Now, I think they are going for a different vibe with Bannerlord. Making it too dense would not make sense.  They WANT us to explore and discover. No?

Narlan said:

Interesting. What do you thing these neutral settlements could be? There are a lot it seems. Bandit lairs?

I know it's silly, but now that each village can have not only working, but also visual upgrade at any of the four corners of it, the icon itself will take more place and, paradoxically, the lesser amount of minor settlements may result in more cramped map than single castles and triplets of houses in Warband. By the way, if we're at it, it would be sweet if battle near villages would result in battlefields that are... well, fields. Hopefully Bannerlord will have many more signs of agriculture than wildlands of previous M&Bs.

Narlan said:

Total

I just wonder if we can raze entire towns to the ground, or just build one from scracth just like in VC...  :smile:

Oh ! I found it ! Lakes ! There is lakes on the map :'D. There is even one huge lake in the south. Lakes + 42 neutral/bandit locations. I also find that there is some irregularities in the villages location, it's like there is "pockets" of settlements, and between those pockets, some small area with lower concentration. Look for example at the map...
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mountandblade/images/a/ae/Bannerlord_Map.png/revision/latest?cb=20160308205931
... then look at Quyaz. East of Quayaz there is an empty spot of land with a neutral location in the middle. While Zeonica is in a big concentrated land. There is also a circle of villages around Sunor, exept in the east, where suddendly there is no one living until Battania and west empire. Etc.

mike56 said:
Narlan said:

Interesting. What do you thing these neutral settlements could be? There are a lot it seems. Bandit lairs?

:shock: are you for real? you made a bannerlord mod , when others were doing fantasy stuff, you can contribute a lot , I loved your story. Great work... Please lets make a bannerlord mod together :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom