Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

BlackNight55 said:
It would be awesome if you putt more attack animations.Like combo moves so you strike up,kick enemy come behinde him and slash his back.Or smashing trough the weapon.In Warband when you sneak in town and if you need to defend with wooden stuff.When guards attack you with iron sword and you block with wooden "stick" nothing happens......It should brake i mean it should be cool if game is more reall :grin:
Combo moves
Realistic

Pick one.

I'd also love to have a bit more simple roleplaying features implemented, like being able to sit down on the floor / on chairs and to walk slowly. Or being able to cheer (as it is possible with some mods already) and maybe some other gestures and things.
In singleplayer and in multiplayer too - it's a roleplaying game after all :wink:

Dreaon said:
I'd also love to have a bit more simple roleplaying features implemented, like being able to sit down on the floor / on chairs and to walk slowly. Or being able to cheer (as it is possible with some mods already) and maybe some other gestures and things.
In singleplayer and in multiplayer too - it's a roleplaying game after all :wink:
I hear that a lot from Warband fans. More immersion, and options. And while graphics are nice, i too would take more immersion and options any day before gfx. If they could implement overhead text in multiplayer, Bannerlord could reach well beyond what Warband ever did.

BlackNight55 said:
It would be awesome if you putt more attack animations.Like combo moves so you strike up,kick enemy come behinde him and slash his back.Or smashing trough the weapon.In Warband when you sneak in town and if you need to defend with wooden stuff.When guards attack you with iron sword and you block with wooden "stick" nothing happens......It should brake i mean it should be cool if game is more reall :grin:
combos!? don't rape our game, please...

mr.master said:
BlackNight55 said:
Combo moves
Realistic

Pick one.

Everyone knows back in the day warriors could juggle enemies in the air with air combos. Learn your history, man.

Dreaon said:

You can walk slowly by pressing shift or capslock or something. I've forgotten which one I bound it to.

Looks pretty good.

When they talked about crossbow reloading I thought it would be very nice to bend behind large shield while you reloading your weapon. Real life Genoese mercenaries used this technique especially during sieges. There was a groom keeping the shield supported but in the game it would be better if there was a spike or some other mechanism built into the shied to keep it standing when crorssbowman was reloading.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Dreaon said:

You can walk slowly by pressing shift or capslock or something. I've forgotten which one I bound it to.

In Warband Native you can't, neither in WFaS Native, as far as I know. So which game / mod do you have?

Dreaon said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
Dreaon said:

In Warband Native you can't, neither in WFaS Native, as far as I know. So which game / mod do you have?

It is in Napoleonic wars, were you are able to walk and put your hands up. pretty awesome 

Bayazid said:
Captain Lust said:
Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

Hey developers!  We like and believe you!

A perfect team always makes perfect. Our expectations is limited with "our belief in your ability".

#include  < Certainly Consider>
int main(Our expectations)
{ //*Giving full satisfaction to the player in the next decade. *//
  //*Please read one more then search more & more.  *//

if (you are could understand a little bit us==Please Read && Patient)
{
“Life is feudal” >>>=============>(Medieval, Hardcore, Awesome! Sandbox MMORPG)
//  http://lifeisfeudal.com/video/
"Chivalry">>>=============> (Realistic fighting style, "ADVANCED COMBAT" )

// http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cTvQklWvU

original.jpg

"War of the Roses">>>=============> (Temptress Epic Graphic Details)

// http://www.gamerzines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/WaroftheRoses_02.png
headrose.png
}

return  ( Respect  ; )
}

Hmmm, I played both Chivalry and War of the Roses and I wouldn't exchange a single piece of their combat gameplay for Warband's. War of the Roses is just a joke, animations are ridiculous and gameplay aweful. Chivalry works better because it's focused on multiplayer, but therefore is too much complicated IMO. Chivalry's gameplay is also way too arcadeish and don't fit group tactics in multiplayer like shieldwalls etc. It don't belong to M&B at all.

So far, Warband combat gameplay still the very best to me, and I think it only needs a couple improvements to be even better. No combo or that kind of madness, please. What made Warband's gameplay is its intuitivity so keep it that way.

Now what Warband can catch from Chivalry is some physics, like chopping limbs, decapitations and so on. I mean while a cut in Warband would pass through the body 3D model, it should actually have a cuting animations with graphical features. But it should stick to graphics though, because I think a too much complicated character management (like wounds...) would kill the original gameplay.

Admiral Nelson said:
ReaperWolf said:
On a side note, how long have you guys been here (playing MnB n' stuff)? I've been playing for a little over 5 years, I think. Was playing the demo for the original until I could buy it, but Warband came out that day so I got that instead.

That's nothing. I've been a Blader since the Beta of the original (0.5, I think??), so about March-May 2005, possibly.

OT: I quite like the aesthetic style they're going for. I wouldn't say, like many others in this thread, that they're going for a 'Fall of Rome' time-frame. Certainly, the landscape screams Roman styling, but possibly more Byzantine (Maybe 6th Century, or even 7th?). The clothing of the various patrons certainly gives that vibe.

Also, don't forget - There are SIX separate cultures in Calradia. The improved engine gives TaleWorlds much more opportunity to create more distinct styles for each culture.

People are talking about 'fall of Rome time' because the devs spoke about the 'struggling and divided Calradian Empire' into a post they made on the official website once. But this is for the political context only, that's right. Now on the global world aspect, we have seen elements from 5th century to 12th century as well (clothing and weaponry), so at the end of the day, it's still fantasy and a mix between the political context of the Fall of Rome and a very large medieval conception just like in Warband. In Warband you got Viking age's Northmen (700-1000 AD) along with 13 th century knights (Swadia) or 14 th c. infantry (Rhodok crossbows and pavise). In Bannerlord, you'll have a fall of Rome context with late Roman based factions (4-5th century Romans), along with 7-12th century styled other factions.

That's my thoughts.

Please learn to make a difference between fantasy and fiction.

In the gaming industry, fiction is a theoretical setting, featuring alternate history. (Warband)
Fantasy is a completly different genre, featuring events or phenomena which are on the most part impossible to happen in reality. Here, even the basic laws of physics can be way different. (Skyrim)

Note that English is not my native language so I may not use the best word every time. You knew what I meant, here. But hey, your profile description states it: 'another grammar nazi'  :lol: Well played, sir.

The Bowman said:
Please learn to make a difference between fantasy and fiction.

In the gaming industry, fiction is a theoretical setting, featuring alternate history. (Warband)
Fantasy is a completly different genre, featuring events or phenomena which are on the most part impossible to happen in reality. Here, even the basic laws of physics can be way different. (Skyrim)
I'd say Fiction is a Genre whereas Fantasy is a sub-genre of it. (so is Sci-Fi for example). But yeah Generally Fantasy contains fantastical stuff (dragons, demons etc) whereas fiction is usually realistic / alternate reality. Which is where M&B comes in.

Really loking forward to this!

Oh well im getting a feeling I should take a run in the saddle with mountblade warband again :grin: Just to calm the nevers until release! :grin:

I realized I actually very much hated the attack feedback animations in warband in which you slice through thin air and someone yells in pain. Therefore I have a suggestion that may or may not be taken seriously.

For realistic attack feedbacks, I hope the 'successful' attacking animation captures are done with the actor slashing a 'chainmail' (Or 'leather' , or 'plate', or bareskinned) donning, semi-tightly secured hanging animal carcass with a blade of appropriate weight. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom