Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

Captain Lust said:
Eww "need to go to the store" in an American accent. Everyone knows medievaly-ish things should have British accents.

Nice work though... glad we could inspire the modding community :grin:. But I think it'll take a little more work to compete with ours :wink:.

Slawomir made this some years back. I think it is TaleWorlds whom have something to prove still, not the other way around.  :smile:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Captain Lust said:
Eww "need to go to the store" in an American accent. Everyone knows medievaly-ish things should have British accents.

Nice work though... glad we could inspire the modding community :grin:. But I think it'll take a little more work to compete with ours :wink:.

Slawomir made this some years back. I think it is TaleWorlds whom have something to prove still, not the other way around.  :smile:

You have been encircled, Lust. Time for a new blog. :razz:

The Bowman said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
Captain Lust said:

You have been encircled, Lust. Time for a new blog. :razz:

Or...even better. A v-log  :razz:

Antar said:
Admiral Nelson said:
Captain Lust said:

Well, I'm available for voice-acting work, if you're looking...

*puppy dog eyes*

To qualify you need to send recordings of you saying:
"It's almost harvesting season"
"Oi'll break yer legs, noice and slow!"
"Away with you, you vile beggar!"

Since these are the only necessary voice acting Bannerlord needs.

You forgot:
"What's this then, eh??"
"I'll slit your throat for a trinket!" and
"My Lord?"

You see, it's this sort of in-depth research that get's you places.

ok i think that

1. mercenaries can desert from battle (higher chances from lower level soldiers)

2. troops from other faction will desert if you go to war with their home faction

3. you can persuade mercenaries to Swear allegiance to you and become your troops and pay less for them and lower chances for desertion

4. you can give name to your house once you are able to choose banner

5. give birth to sons and then they will accompany you or do what you are telling them to do

6. to make lords be able to swear allegiance to you and they will be under your protection even if you are in a faction they will serve the faction you are serving (need alot of renown and respect)

7. in the middle of the game new lords will rises and old lords will name there self kings and will try to claim the throne of the land

8. changes of kings with time passes prince and princess that you can merry and then claim the throne.

9. kings will have massive amount of troops at least half of the entire kingdom and powerful lords will have lords that will follow them that swore Allegiance to them

Admiral Nelson said:
Antar said:
Admiral Nelson said:
Captain Lust said:

*puppy dog eyes*

You forgot:
"What's this then, eh??"
"My Lord?"

There is a lot more than that, you know, I was just listing some of my favorites...
:roll:

Admiral Nelson said:
Antar said:
Admiral Nelson said:
Captain Lust said:

*puppy dog eyes*

You forgot:
"What's this then, eh??"
"My Lord?"

You forgot about a dozen more.

Antar said:
Admiral Nelson said:
Captain Lust said:

*puppy dog eyes*

no need for voice acting imo. even just text would do it for me. i'm not lazy to not read the dialogues. just some ingame sounds and battlecries and we are set. if the dialogues are well written they can kick ass, and be funny and realistic. if we take the v.a. road every faction should have it's language. should we tell them to make half a dozen of fantastic medieval languages (tolkin who?) and implement them in the game too? i don't think so...

The Bowman said:
Well, Taleworlds, here is a competitor for you. :wink:

Bowman, that is awesome!

Captain Lust said:

Lust, we'll keep you to your word.

Captain Lust said:

I hope so, since those animations were made more than 4 years ago by a beginner modder, who just downloaded 3ds Max trial version for the first time and was like...

tumblr_mjiw2fzjAv1qd3nmgo1_500.gif

So yeah, I believe we should expect much more from experienced game developers, especially that they're using motion capture techniques. :smile:

Dreaon said:
Do not look here said:
Well, I've just launched Native to double check, went to options->controls, changed Zoom to "Z" and done, by pressing Shift I'm walking.
As have been said, the key for zoom and walking is the same, but only for former is customisable.

Oh yeah, it works in Singleplayer but not in Multiplayer :neutral:

Actually...

There's module.ini in your Warband\Modules\Native

edit that, and change a line that says
multiplayer_walk_enabled = 0
to
multiplayer_walk_enabled = 1

then you can walk even in multiplayer. Drawback is that for others you appear to be running really slow.

Tybalt_ said:
Admiral Nelson said:
You forgot:
"What's this then, eh??"
"My Lord?"

You forgot about a dozen more.

I was going to reply with something similar to this, mocking his last line, but then I decided to ease up on the sass.

*****slaproof-vest said:
Antar said:

no need for voice acting imo. even just text would do it for me. i'm not lazy to not read the dialogues. just some ingame sounds and battlecries and we are set. if the dialogues are well written they can kick ass, and be funny and realistic. if we take the v.a. road every faction should have it's language. should we tell them to make half a dozen of fantastic medieval languages (tolkin who?) and implement them in the game too? i don't think so...

That's what I was trying to say. I don't think the game needs voice acting for the conversations but some memorable lines like those should be put in somehow.

Well you could argue that the american accent is closer to medieval english. Although authenticity for historical accents would just sound alien and weird, not to mention the fact that we can't know for sure what they sounded like.

Sort of related; i hope they make NPCs less like the annoying brats they are currently. I get that the npc quarrels are supposed to be slightly tongue in cheek but in mid to late game they become babysit fodder. It'd be nice to have them slowly buy their own gear, or persuade you on a certain course of action, or go off and perform some risky task without your consent - anything to make them feel like unpredictable human beings rather than annoying spoilt children with swords.

jacobhinds said:
It'd be nice to have them slowly buy their own gear, or persuade you on a certain course of action, or go off and perform some risky task without your consent - anything to make them feel like unpredictable human beings rather than annoying spoilt children with swords.
Take a cue from divinity original sin's party dialogue system, where your entire party can delve into a quarrel over one subject. While them buying their own gear can be nice, you seem to be paying them a good 20 denars a week while a plate armor cost 10k. :lol:

Them telling you what sort of gear they prefer (and thus a medium/light armor companion may not like you putting them into a suit of plate armor for example) would be an awesome feature. For example, every other npc would tell the player to never give Borcha and Marnid a crossbow.

To my knowledge medieval English dialects were rhotic, which is now a characteristic associated with North American accents. A quick glance at Wikipedia's charts on the subject seem to show medieval dialects pronouncing vowels closer to American accents than modern British ones, as well.

Either way, Middle English appears to have been pronounced very differently from any modern accent.

Sivy said:
The Bowman said:
Well, Taleworlds, here is a competitor for you. :wink:

Bowman, that is awesome!

Captain Lust said:

Lust, we'll keep you to your word.

Yeah, it's awesome. :razz:
But it would have been wiser if I posted the author of the works: Slawomir of Aaarrghh.

So this is actually a suggestion for the M&B2Bannerlord. Cant you make like a multiplayer gamemode that like singleplayer? But only whitelisted players can join? I know its alot im asking for but i know alot of people would like this.

Back
Top Bottom