Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

*****slaproof-vest said:
wow really impressive images guys!  i really can't wait for the game. (better wait for good results though  :grin:)

things i want to see in M&B bunnylord (one hare to rule them all!):

1) People doing crimes in cities, being caught by the "police", and actually get in jail (its a petty to have them empty, or only for lords).

2) Lords should have unique heroes, with unique appearence and unique droppable weapons, and don't tell me that this will make it an rpg of the mass like the rest, cause i think actually this would add very nicely to the game.

3) To have guttersnipes, that will come and tell you if a lord of yours is trying to betray you and rebel.

4) To have complete armor sets. It has now too in a sense, but you get what i mean. What do you mean by this.

5) To be able to give jobs in one of your enterprises to poor people from big cities to fight unemployment.

6) If the economy of a town rises up, to be mirrored in it's luxury etc (if the wealth exceeds a point to have negative results and the whole city to degenerate from stupor and greed!)

7) Better troop selection in battle, not so generic as it is at least.

:cool: More basic troops than the classic footman etc.

9) Unique titles (lord, baron, agha etc) for each faction to mirror it's cultural difference (i don't know if this was done at some point in warband, i haven't played M&B for years) Already has this.

10) Participate as a watcher in tournaments and be able to bet, or even better be able to bet on a man from your army who's been specially trained for the tournaments and participates in your name!

11) To have a "royal tournament/ sparring arena" only for "blue bloods", lords, kings etc.

12) To make the trading more realistic. for example not seeing things like "give 10 mail armors, recive 4 breads" What?

13) To be able to have at least one hero that is in your army for free because he is devoted to you cause you saved his life in the past or something!

Froi said:
*****slaproof-vest said:
arena" only for "blue bloods", lords, kings etc.

12) To make the trading more realistic. for example not seeing things like "give 10 mail armors, recive 4 breads" What?

I think he means he doesn't like the part where you sell armor and it's only worth enough to buy a bit of bread, usually in villages, which is absolutely ridiculous. Even a single old set of chainmail armor would be far more valuable than any bread in those days.

SgCombine said:
Froi said:
*****slaproof-vest said:
arena" only for "blue bloods", lords, kings etc.

I think he means he doesn't like the part where you sell armor and it's only worth enough to buy a bit of bread, usually in villages, which is absolutely ridiculous. Even a single old set of chainmail armor would be far more valuable than any bread in those days.

that one.

and about the sets i meant in higher levels to have complete sets like dark knight set etc not anything too fancy though, still in the M&B style...

jacobhinds said:
I think he's referring to the ridiculousness of selling armour and weapons to a village. I can't imagine they'd have any use for it.

that's more or less  the unrealistic part i'm talking about. though there are dozens like that in the game. but who cares? we love M&B!

jacobhinds said:
I think he's referring to the ridiculousness of selling armour and weapons to a village. I can't imagine they'd have any use for it.

Well, I guess that the fact village coffers are empty was supposed to suggest us that we should only buy there, not sell.

Don't know if that's still the case, but I recall that Rus: XIII Century partially handled this problem, making selling equipment to corresponding traders more profitable, for example you'd gain more cash by selling helmet to armourer than weaponsmith.

Do not look here said:
jacobhinds said:

Well, I guess that the fact village coffers are empty was supposed to suggest us that we should only buy there, not sell.

Don't know if that's still the case, but I recall that Rus: XIII Century partially handled this problem, making selling equipment to corresponding traders more profitable, for example you'd gain more cash by selling helmet to armourer than weaponsmith.

nice one and logical. thought it again in the past but there is an anti-argument too. a clueless buyer can see a shiny armor and think of it as precious while being scrap, but the trained weaponsmith/seller eye will not be fooled and will give what it really deserves.

Buyer, yes. But those guys aren't wannabe adventurers, that need that shiny armour then and there, they are traders, so it's quite reasonable that they won't be eager to buy something they won't be able to sell/value properly. Frankly, it could be taken even further, so they should buy it at scrap price. That way you'd have to bring half the battlefield to the village to exchange it for basket of apples and few sacks of grain :razz:

to haggle (bargaining? which is the right word?) prices with traders could be interesting, as long as it is not easily exploitable. also threats and other nasty dishonorable tricks for getting better prices/deals

crodio said:
to haggle (bargaining? which is the right word?) prices with traders could be interesting, as long as it is not easily exploitable. also threats and other nasty dishonorable tricks for getting better prices/deals

epic idea. what do we have persuation and diplomatic skills for...

Do not look here said:
Buyer, yes. But those guys aren't wannabe adventurers, that need that shiny armour then and there, they are traders, so it's quite reasonable that they won't be eager to buy something they won't be able to sell/value properly. Frankly, it could be taken even further, so they should buy it at scrap price. That way you'd have to bring half the battlefield to the village to exchange it for basket of apples and few sacks of grain :razz:

helloo. they will sell them to other eager adventurers. in such a world that's a top priority if you want to wander around...

jacobhinds said:
Armour? Probably not. Iron? Hell yes.

Although if they did keep the armour maybe I wouldn't have to keep chasing away those damn Sarranids and let my villages look after theyselves.

Ruthven said:
Keep in mind that "Bread" isn't a single loaf as it appears, it's enough bread to feed an army for days.
Exactly, you have 50 loaves of bread, not just one.  So some rusty ass mail from a sea raider seems like a good trade for a few hundred loaves of bread.

Come on guys ... An item's price , since the beginning of history depends on offer demand and how difficult is to fabricate. Nowadays a good working axe costs nothing but back then it had to be fabricated manually and a good smith had to spend half a days work to make it, so it couldn't cost 3 coins if it was still good to use .... of course if one is hungry he can give away almost anything just to eat something but if you could bargain you could easily get a good price for an item like an armour that was an experts work ( not every smith was an armourer) and that required, maybe, a months teamwork to fabricate...

At least at the start of the game, villagers will buy stuff from you at a fraction of the price that it's worth. Presumably they hope to make a profit by selling it on.

If you get your trading skill high enough that they can't make a lot of profit from selling it on, you are fooling or otherwise coercing them to buy it for an unreasonable price.

As for how much bread to a mail shirt, in real world medieval Europe it would be a huge amount, but maybe there's a lot of native iron lying around in Calradia by comparison. What makes less sense is the fact that the hundred loaves of bread and the shirt that you traded for it take up the same amount of room in your inventory.

Adorno said:
So I've been sharing 11 dates with my men, when in fact it was hundreds?  :sad:

Don't let them kiss you until it feels right.

Some sort of incremental baggage system would make more sense, so instead of arbitrary "slots" you just get slower and slower the heavier your inventory is.

In response to earlier comments, what feels wrong about selling stuff to villages is that a premodern village is probably going to be self-sufficient. They'd make their own tools and clothes etc, so they'd have no real use for any of our crap, iron or not. Buying and selling food is perfectly logical though. Maybe during a continent-wide famine you can give them food for relations or sell it at extortionate rates, and then reward with honour as is necessary.

Meevar the Mighty said:
At least at the start of the game, villagers will buy stuff from you at a fraction of the price that it's worth. Presumably they hope to make a profit by selling it on.

If you get your trading skill high enough that they can't make a lot of profit from selling it on, you are fooling or otherwise coercing them to buy it for an unreasonable price.

As for how much bread to a mail shirt, in real world medieval Europe it would be a huge amount, but maybe there's a lot of native iron lying around in Calradia by comparison. What makes less sense is the fact that the hundred loaves of bread and the shirt that you traded for it take up the same amount of room in your inventory.

Adorno said:
So I've been sharing 11 dates with my men, when in fact it was hundreds?  :sad:

Don't let them kiss you until it feels right.

haha nice one, the inventory part.

It would be awesome if you putt more attack animations.Like combo moves so you strike up,kick enemy come behinde him and slash his back.Or smashing trough the weapon.In Warband when you sneak in town and if you need to defend with wooden stuff.When guards attack you with iron sword and you block with wooden "stick" nothing happens......It should brake i mean it should be cool if game is more reall :grin:

Back
Top Bottom