Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 5 - Virtual Skeletons

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy Friday to avid readers and passers by. It has been a little while since our last Bannerlord Blog. In this entry we are once more decreasing the number of unblogged rooms in the office by one. Although some animations are made and polished in various parts of the office, many are captured in our very own motion capture studio near the main door of our offices. The animation hub and thus the associated blog room for this episode.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/6

You know what makes it really easy to wait for more blogs?
Forgetting that they exist.

Time to do other things than sit at my screen and press F5 on the Dev Blog board.

Rallix said:
You know what makes it really easy to wait for more blogs?
Forgetting that they exist.

Time to do other things than sit at my screen and press F5 on the Dev Blog board.

Exactly. There's plenty of other things to do and play including Warband. Instead of acting like they owe me these blogs, I treat them like a privilege. I check the site almost everyday and when they do appear, it's like a nice bonus or gift from them.

BanırlordcuJohn said:
Captain Lust blog 6 pleas!! :evil:
You know, you cretins asking for a new blog every 5 minutes wont speed up the process. So shut the hell up, be patient, and let Lust play Worms: Reloaded with me.

I've had enough being said to "shut up" and being called a "cretin" or "silly" or I don't know what else. Well you are just being rude sir . If I am silly or cretin what is your problem? Is this or is it not the developers blog? So I'm asking for news about the development. Why this is so much of your concern? If you have no answers (which you don't have) why in the name of god do you bother to answer and say to other people to "shut up" and stuff like that. I'm seriously thinking of reporting you. :evil:

O.K. I know when rain comes but the last blog was more than six weeks ago, not yesterday and then I'm not calling anyone retarded here or ever, just because he asked a lecite question ...

good for you, just quit *****ing at us.

I wonder how much more different the animations are going to be. In the pictures on the blog there is quite clearly a 2h animation being recorded, but from what can be told from the image it looks largely the same as warbands.

hirovard said:
I wonder how much more different the animations are going to be. In the pictures on the blog there is quite clearly a 2h animation being recorded, but from what can be told from the image it looks largely the same as warbands.

Big, elaborate, slow swings.

They could use this to improve more than just the sequence of motion but also the variety of possible hits (like striking with a spear from above the shoulders line), the possibility of aiming better (directing hits to the head, arm or leg) or the covering area of shields for example.

Jason L. said:
They could use this to improve more than just the sequence of motion but also the variety of possible hits (like striking with a spear from above the shoulders line), the possibility of aiming better (directing hits to the head, arm or leg) or the covering area of shields for example.

They better ****ing improve spear animations and spears in general, I hate people just swinging a short sword at me while my spear does no damage because they are too close, totally unrealistic and it makes spears some of the worst weps in the game.

They at least need to give spears more attack directions by default. Kinda silly that a guy with a butter knife can block spears forever just by blocking downwards.

Edit: the "cone of defence" thing is kind of annoying too. Any idiot with a shield can passively deflect arrows even if they're aimed at the head.

Yes, but that is altered by the shield width and height code isn't it?
So you can make a tiny skirmisher shield but it can block arrows 20 meters left and right.

It would be great if they could give spears at least two attack directions, Underhand and Overhand, kind of like in a Napoleonic Wars bayonets.

Back
Top Bottom