More things to do with money.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm walking around with loads of money mid game, like I know a lot of you are as well.

I would like to see more available mercenaries, a place to recruit some high tier costly ones maybe.

Village development, or a way to invest money in villages to increase prosperity and relations with the wankers that are for some reason in charge of giving me recruits from the fief that I own.

I would really just like to know if Taleworlds has more plans in regards to wielding money in more ways.

In my mod Lords of Calradia I made it a point that fiefs and money = power. I never completely polished it because we have Bannerlord now but I hope that getting a fief and/or having lots of money will be more rewarding in the future.

Or just send me the mod tools so I can start my sequel?

What I would like would be to buy domains (castle) with money. It would let the people who are not really interested in going into full war against a kingdom to buy their own parcel of lands and setup there to train their troop and manage the region.

Money needs to be more scarce so that economic aspects of kingdom management and armies come more into play, not to have more junk to blow it on. If you made it so that you can dump money directly on boosting prosperity what do you think the consequence would be? Hint: it's more of something you already have too much of.

Money needs to be more scarce so that economic aspects of kingdom management and armies come more into play, not to have more junk to blow it on. If you made it so that you can dump money directly on boosting prosperity what do you think the consequence would be? Hint: it's more of something you already have too much of.
Yes thats true as well, this will be solved when they work out the economy, but I still think there should be more options. Eg. Lords of Calradia.

not the way to go, nope. Money has to circulate more, not be more scarce... Unless you like boring games, then scarcity is the way to go.

I think they should add more money sinks into the game, in which both player and AI have or can opt to spend to get minor advantages.

i have no fiefs, my kingdom won't gimme any even if i have like 75% of votes, and i hace 300k sitting on my pocket :v

i have no fiefs, my kingdom won't gimme any even if i have like 75% of votes, and i hace 300k sitting on my pocket :v
Well, if you take too long to join a faction that is bound to happen because currently the rulers are glitched once they go past 10k influence they'll never grant fiefs if they can take them for themselves.

I'm walking around with loads of money mid game, like I know a lot of you are as well.

I would like to see more available mercenaries, a place to recruit some high tier costly ones maybe.

Village development, or a way to invest money in villages to increase prosperity and relations with the wankers that are for some reason in charge of giving me recruits from the fief that I own.

I would really just like to know if Taleworlds has more plans in regards to wielding money in more ways.

In my mod Lords of Calradia I made it a point that fiefs and money = power. I never completely polished it because we have Bannerlord now but I hope that getting a fief and/or having lots of money will be more rewarding in the future.

Or just send me the mod tools so I can start my sequel?
youll need millions to convince ****ty lords to join your kingdom

Agreed!
not the way to go, nope. Money has to circulate more, not be more scarce... Unless you like boring games, then scarcity is the way to go.
Personally, I think just being able to trade tons of money for tons of power so you can avoid having to interact with many of the games mechanics is the more dull way to go.

Agreed!

Personally, I think just being able to trade tons of money for tons of power so you can avoid having to interact with many of the games mechanics is the more dull way to go.
No WAY! hahaha Money sinks are not "give money to become invincible", they usually are solutions for problems that were created only so a solution could be offered.

Complementary material
Well yeah you've got to balance the value of money in the game around what's available for purchase. But if money remains as easy as it is to get right now relative to the current prices of in-game goods/services you'll quickly buy out all the neat little "luxury items" or minor advantages that are available and still have far too much money left over.

Well yeah you've got to balance the value of money in the game around what's available for purchase. But if money remains as easy as it is to get right now relative to the current prices of in-game goods/services you'll quickly buy out all the neat little "luxury items" or minor advantages that are available and still have far too much money left over.
My suggestion is to give punishments that can be retracted through bribes, at least it feels more realistic, not as a blatant gold sink.
One suggestion was to repair relations with raided villages, player or AI lord must pay an wergild for the grief caused to raise the relations up to "questable" numbers (still negative), then pay for repairs on the village (raises a bit more), then idk, pay for temporary workers... Could even go as far as paying influence to "send citizens of my fief to help"

My suggestion is to give punishments that can be retracted through bribes, at least it feels more realistic, not as a blatant gold sink.
One suggestion was to repair relations with raided villages, player or AI lord must pay an wergild for the grief caused to raise the relations up to "questable" numbers (still negative), then pay for repairs on the village (raises a bit more), then idk, pay for temporary workers... Could even go as far as paying influence to "send citizens of my fief to help"

Having too much gold is just a symtol, the actual problem is the game is too easy. Pretty much every suggestion you made so far for a goldsink will confer the player of advantage when we're already lopsided the AI. I never raid village, what damage is there to repair? Use it too boots rep? You mean making the rep requirement for recruiting completely trivial? Boosting prosperity? What for when I already too much anyway, to make even more money?

Here is the thing: it doesn't matter if the dev gonna add 10 new things for you to spend gold on, as long as gold is trivial to make it doesn't matter, all it does it makes the game easier and easier as the player can just rain gold for whatever amount asked and grab those advantage with minimum effort. Btw, in real life economy we have a specific word for it: inflation. And current the game's behaviour is akin to the central banks printing money non-stop and give it to you for free, as long as you spend the effort going to pick it up from your mailbox.

I'm not necessarily against having more things to buy, as long as they are balanced around. But I'm with durbal that the endless money loopholes need to be fixed so the game doesn't just devolve into "Oh I'm facing a consequence of my action? Let me just throw 100k of my 5 mil at it to make the issue go away." Then the decisions that led to those consequences have less weight to begin with. Having more ways to repair relations will hopefully be added anyway in time, and hopefully they aren't as simple as just sliding the money bar to the right in the barter window.

Last edited:
I invite you all to go play the Bannerpage mod for WB. Look at how poorly Bannerlord is in comparison to this, it's not all EA related either. What was TWs doing for 8 years? Seriously? I am getting the feeling that this game has zero direction.

I invite you all to go play the Bannerpage mod for WB. Look at how poorly Bannerlord is in comparison to this, it's not all EA related either. What was TWs doing for 8 years? Seriously?
I'm actually still having fun with BL right now, rough edges and all. When things start to get stale I'll throw some mods in or just put the game down for awhile.

I invite you all to go play the Bannerpage mod for WB. Look at how poorly Bannerlord is in comparison to this, it's not all EA related either.

And no matter how amazing it is, or twice as amazing as you think it is, in the end it's still only a "Warband" with mod.

What was TWs doing for 8 years?

Making a new game? I'm not expert, but I figure that's probably harder than making mods for an existing game, no matter how amazing the mod turns out to be.

And no matter how amazing it is, or twice as amazing as you think it is, in the end it's still only a "Warband" with mod

It's miles ahead of Bannerlord in terms of UI, AI, balance, options, features, etc..... Bannerlord is an unfinished EA title I get it, but a mod should not blow it away. Bannerlord has sieges, better graphics, and babies.... that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom