About a Future TW game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Artimenner

Recruit
Given the state of the game and the fact that mods keep them alive.I would say a more morally approach for TW is to just give the base game on around 20 bucks/euros.Then to pay extra for some mods in the tier of "in the name of jerusalem" or "DADG" always under agreement with TW.Those devs need some praise and money as well for their time and effort and because they lead the game into another level.This will open new opportunities for more amazing mods. Because lets be honest if these mods are out who would care about the vanilla crap.

Vanilla crap is starting to look good with Beta 1.2, they are adding some nice features. This next release will be a Console oriented release, I think, targeting a younger gamer. This should be a good base for extra patches / DLCs / Mods.

Given the state of the game and the fact that mods keep them alive.I would say a more morally approach for TW is to just give the base game on around 20 bucks/euros.Then to pay extra for some mods in the tier of "in the name of jerusalem" or "DADG" always under agreement with TW.Those devs need some praise and money as well for their time and effort and because they lead the game into another level.This will open new opportunities for more amazing mods. Because lets be honest if these mods are out who would care about the vanilla crap.
No. The 'moral' approach for TW is to finish the game they've released and sold now for a year; that includes the 'mod tool' aspects that is doing a lot of heavy-lifting for them. What we do after with said tools in our free time (or not) or if some decide to make theirs locked behind some patreon exclusive, is on us to resolve.

No. The 'moral' approach for TW is to finish the game they've released and sold now for a year; that includes the 'mod tool' aspects that is doing a lot of heavy-lifting for them. What we do after with said tools in our free time (or not) or if some decide to make theirs locked behind some patreon exclusive, is on us to resolve.
Agree on that but if we continue to offer our time freely TW will never provide a decent game,will always hide behind mods and make money on our backs.

Agree on that but if we continue to offer our time freely TW will never provide a decent game,will always hide behind mods and make money on our backs.
Does that matter now? Game isn't GAAS, subscription, or even DLC/expansion model (let's face it, a DLC won't be released); they'll 'take into consideration', and nary an update from them after - hoping some next beta patch half a year later addresses it (which they barely do).

I haven't really gotten or felt that 'finished' state even compared to their previous games (despite how aged they are). They need to finish the game's development and we can then move on; that is the bare minimum expectation that they can't even achieve yet. That's their 'moral' obligation to those they sold the product.

Are they done with FoW as implemented, battle/town scenes, item armor/balance, AI logic, battle formations, etc...? They'll come in with some boiler-plate 'roadmap' that was provided last year May; roadmaps are for games under development or GAAS model, not 'officially' released.

So you think this game would have been better today if no one had reported a bug?

Completely lost you here,Did i say anything like that?What does this has to do with what i said?
Actually yes.
If we don´t report bugs freely we should then demand 5 euros for each bug before reporting them? That how i read your words.
Mods are optional. Not everyone uses them, now not even everyone can. And if someone is bound to pay for mods. It will be the player. Not the company behind the game. So that end in the same path. Hence it need to be the reporting of bugs we do freely.

Or what do you mean we do freely that we should stop doing?

Actually yes.
If we don´t report bugs freely we should then demand 5 euros for each bug before reporting them? That how i read your words.
Mods are optional. Not everyone uses them, now not even everyone can. And if someone is bound to pay for mods. It will be the player. Not the company behind the game. So that end in the same path. Hence it need to be the reporting of bugs we do freely.

Or what do you mean we do freely that we should stop doing?
You are completely in another conversation dude.

+1

For sure never again in early access, probably not finished either.
Decision for me before 'official' release was no more EA (ie add them to the list of 95% studios out there). If they had kept it EA, it is what it is, but they ignored/pushed the 'official' release anyways - chalked up all the bugs/unfinished/imbalanced things into some boiler-plate roadmap letter and we're all stuck twiddling our thumbs on when this game is being done (however each of us defines 'done').

The only updates we get are that it's 'soon' and only when it's 'up to par' for update; as if that stopped them from pushing into 'official' release. That's what I'm pissed about.

Ive played since OG mount & blade. I’m telling you, I will never preorder a TW game again. And I will wait years after “release” to even consider buying another product. I do not believe they are capable of releasing good games now or ever.

I'm looking forward to what TaleWorlds might cook up next. I'd be especially interested in a Mount & Blade type game set in space.

With over 800 hours in Bannerlord I can safely say it is a very good game. Sure, there is always room for improvement.

I'm looking forward to what TaleWorlds might cook up next. I'd be especially interested in a Mount & Blade type game set in space.

With over 800 hours in Bannerlord I can safely say it is a very good game. Sure, there is always room for improvement.
Space? With a horse and sword and shield? Better with cowboys and indians then. But early age with simple musket and bajonet. English dragon raiders.

Or when the vikings game 500 years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom